Current state of Sprint

In all areas I have traveled to Sprint has matched Verizon and AT&T on 3G Data Speeds. I know this because I have a Sprint and Verizon phone while my wife has a AT&T phone. When I travel places I test speeds between all 3 and usually Sprint has similar data speeds at 1-1.5 MB per second.

True but very ugly news for sprint. (Sprint 3G clocked average speeds of 0.59 mbps (590 kbps) for downloads and 0.56 mbps (560 kbps) for uploads-)

Whats sad Is I'd be really happy with those speeds (instead of the 150kbps i get now) until NV got here.

• Like 1

In all areas I have traveled to Sprint has matched Verizon and AT&T on 3G Data Speeds. I know this because I have a Sprint and Verizon phone while my wife has a AT&T phone. When I travel places I test speeds between all 3 and usually Sprint has similar data speeds at 1-1.5 MB per second.

Do you mean Mb? i would love to have 1-1.5 Mbps but i would kill to get 1-1.5 MBps on 3G

Do you mean Mb? i would love to have 1-1.5 Mbps but i would kill to get 1-1.5 MBps on 3G

Yes 1-1.5 megabytes per second. A few months back I got only 100-200 KB per second but since Netowrk Vision started I have been seeing better signal and better speeds.

Yes 1-1.5 megabytes per second. A few months back I got only 100-200 KB per second but since Netowrk Vision started I have been seeing better signal and better speeds.

What are you using to check the speed? Nearly all speed tests are measured in megabits per second or Mbps and not megabytes per second or MBps.

Sprint's 3G network is not even capable of 1 MBps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What are you using to check the speed? Nearly all speed tests are measured in megabits per second or Mbps and not megabytes per second or MBps.

I use speedtest.net and many people I know get about 1 MB per second if not better on Sprint

I use speedtest.net and many people I know get about 1 MB per second if not better on Sprint

I will post some pictures in the following days

It is actually Mb that they are getting. A byte is 8 bits. If speeds were represented in megabytes per second, everything would be 1/8 of what we see advertised now in megabits per second.

It is actually Mb that they are getting. A byte is 8 bits. If speeds were represented in megabytes per second, everything would be 1/8 of what we see advertised now in megabits per second.

Sorry fot he mistake but I thought that is how it is suppose to be represented

Sorry fot he mistake but I thought that is how it is suppose to be represented

LOL, no problem. It's very easy to confuse MBps with Mbps.

That's one of the slowest VZW LTE speedtests I've seen.

His speed varies widely in his house. He once posted a speed of 20 or above.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

That's one of the slowest VZW LTE speedtests I've seen.

The signal was -110dBm which is why it is so slow. Verizon installed just enough LTE transmitters to cover the whole city but not enough to give good signal strength or speed everywhere.

I'm not gonna get all technical and stuff, I just hope sprint's network vision and "aggressive" Lte rollout happens fast, My 3G speeds are subpar but I do enjoy fast wi-max. We all know about the unreliability of wi-max in buildings and so on. I just fast and reliable 3g and 4g service from sprint for the foreseeable future. If they can accomplish that and still keep their prices competitive along with unlimited data, they should have a good and profitable future........And keep vow and att honest with prices.

I have to admit that the article was a little discouraging. I still plan on sticking with Sprint because their data plan prices are the best fit for my family right now. I don't fret about data speeds as much as others because the majority of my data usage is via WiFi but I can understand the frustration that folks are feeling, especially when seeing those speed comparisons.

• Like 1

I have to admit that the article was a little discouraging. I still plan on sticking with Sprint because their data plan prices are the best fit for my family right now. I don't fret about data speeds as much as others because the majority of my data usage is via WiFi but I can understand the frustration that folks are feeling, especially when seeing those speed comparisons.

Hey what speeds are you seeing in the DC metro area?? I'm in the silver spring area

Hey what speeds are you seeing in the DC metro area?? I'm in the silver spring area

The last time I tested I was in Greenbelt and I got 3.11Mbps/1.45Mbps on Wimax and 0.28mbps/0.43Mbps on 3G. I work in Silver Spring near Georgia and Seminary but I am mostly on WiFi but sometimes I can only get 1x speeds before I hit the Beltway.

Thes best Wimax I've gotten in awhile was 6.20Mbps/1.43Mbs. I rarely test anymore because I find that the testing numbers keeps me focused on the minutiae rather than my actual user experience.

The last time I tested I was in Greenbelt and I got 3.11Mbps/1.45Mbps on Wimax and 0.28mbps/0.43Mbps on 3G. I work in Silver Spring near Georgia and Seminary but I am mostly on WiFi but sometimes I can only get 1x speeds before I hit the Beltway.

Thes best Wimax I've gotten in awhile was 6.20Mbps/1.43Mbs. I rarely test anymore because I find that the testing numbers keeps me focused on the minutiae rather than my actual user experience.

Yeah, I see. I use to do a lot of speed tests til I came upon this site. Seeing how there are no active NV sites up and running in my area I guess its kind of pointless. The best 3G speeds I got on the Georgia Ave corridor not too far from you were about 0.44 down. I usually average between 400-600. Not the best but enough to stream pandora. However I have gotten 11-16 Mbps down on 4g (wimax). I use wi-max as much as I can with those speeds :lol: