Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Why are we excited about the 6th? I forget.

The day Merlin said things would begin to turn on here. Don't know how accurate it is, I think it was close to when he finally had enough.

Hey all!

I've been lurking for quite some time and wanted to post my first question.

I have the Note 3 and just got KitKat pushed to it. Love that Sprint quickly pushed out an update for this phone :)

I'm also pumped to get LTE in Denver and very jealous of my friends that have LTE all over...

I live at 225 and 25, do I need to do anything on the phone to force it to look for LTE? Any reports of that area getting LTE coverage?

I've been using Sensorly but my speed tests are pretty dismal and I want my first Sensorly picture on here to be a good result :)

-Jake

I think the note 3 it's not a tri band phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all!

I've been lurking for quite some time and wanted to post my first question.

I have the Note 3 and just got KitKat pushed to it.  Love that Sprint quickly pushed out an update for this phone :)

I'm also pumped to get LTE in Denver and very jealous of my friends that have LTE all over...

I live at 225 and 25, do I need to do anything on the phone to force it to look for LTE?  Any reports of that area getting LTE coverage?

I've been using Sensorly but my speed tests are pretty dismal and I want my first Sensorly picture on here to be a good result :)

-Jake

I think your phone isn't Sprint Spark capable....all the instructions to force your phone to LTE only are for Sprint Spark (triband) phones only. You shouldn't have to do anything to get LTE except the following:

(These menus are what I see on my Galaxy S3, so you may find these options in a slightly different place)

Go To:Settings>Connections>More Networks>Mobile Networks>Network Mode

Make sure it is on LTE/CDMA and not CDMA only.

That should do it.

LTE is just now showing up in very limited locations in Denver Metro. You may just not be in an LTE location yet, or your location may be Band 41 only (you need a triband device for band 41). Don't worry, band 25 LTE, (what your phone receives) will cover the entire area very soon.

The day Merlin said things would begin to turn on here. Don't know how accurate it is, I think it was close to when he finally had enough.

I would take any deadline with a very large grain of salt.

I also think we are confusing the LTE turn-on with the NV build-out. As I understood it (and please correct me if I'm wrong) ;) , the 3G NV tower sites needed to be turned on in clusters because they had issues with graceful hand-offs between NV and non NV towers. Once a cluster of NV towers were on line, then LTE could be brought up on each individual tower based on when the contractor could get the new data path (fiber or otherwise) installed.

If that is correct it explains why we are seeing a few islands of LTE instead of full clusters. 

• Like 1

Lots of people have. My phone is on 1x800 right now in Boulder County.

Where in Boulder county are you? I'm in Boulder proper and haven't seen any 1x800 at all.

EDIT: I'm guessing Longmont since I forgot they just lit up a ton of 1x800 up there not long ago.

Where in Boulder county are you? I'm in Boulder proper and haven't seen any 1x800 at all.

I've picked up 1x800 in Lafayette, Louisville, and Longmont. I think that the current PRLs will prefer 1900 mHz first, and only switch to 800 if 1900 is marginal. You would see it mostly indoors.

I don't think Ive seen any 800 in the city of Boulder yet, but it's coming.

I'm in the Highlands neighborhood, around 38th and Sheridan. I'm going to be running errands today in Westy, Aurora, and Littleton. Hopefully I'll collect some good data to share. I'll have one of my G2's set to normal, the other forcing LTE, and if the rumors are true I'll see some band 25 on my iPad. My girlfriend is driving so I can collect data. It's an awesome scavenger hunt for any grown child!

crd3818 how was your trip today? Did you get 4glte in your travels on the phone with no forced 4glte?

• Like 1

OK so check this out, i was on the phone with sprint care techs and after all my questions we just started talking.  Long story short, a customer who just moved to Denver wanted to switch to verizon, as this guy went to a verizon store and told him he had sprint and was looking to make the switch to verizon. Well the verizon rep said he should right now, dont wait! He asked why?  The rep said because sprint is packing up the network and getting out of Colorado. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? thats crazy. I wonder if it was just that rep saying that or is verizon really wanting them to say that cause they are scared that sprint will be just like verizon if not better in the future. Just wanted to let you all know.

People are so gullible. Perhaps I should work at Verizon in Colorado if it's that easy to persuade people that sprint is "packing up" and leaving.

Some people might be a little to high in the clouds.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

no kidding. HIGH for sure :lol: On a side note to my pics from yesterday, there was allot more trucks and workers at the tower on 144th and I25 today. The tech said at sprint that the tower is still broadcasting so that new tower is not live yet. Im wondering if that equipment is moving over to it cause im 99% certain that the tower has been nv equipt for awhile. 

crd3818 how was your trip today? Did you get 4glte in your travels on the phone with no forced 4glte?

Sorry bud, just got home a few minutes ago. Nope, nothing new at all. Picked up forced LTE in the usual places. How about you?

On a side note, does your lady friend think you've dropped off of the deep end like the rest of us? Best wishes...

Oh yeah, she wants LTE to happen more than I do sometimes :lol:

• Like 1

Sorry bud, just got home a few minutes ago. Nope, nothing new at all. Picked up forced LTE in the usual places. How about you?

Oh yeah, she wants LTE to happen more than I do sometimes :lol:

Nothing changed. I am not a premier sponser, don't have access to the maps, but this I do have. Thornton, Loveland, Longmont and Fort Collins are broadcasting in places. Golden I70/ 6th avenue is broadcasting . I am seeing more forced Lte on the south side of town on different bands. I don't think everyone is going to get Lte at the same time, since Sprint is going to be broadcasting in 3 bands. Some phones will work with one band, others from all 3. From what I am seeing on forced Lte, we've got the entire Southwest part of town that needs upgrading, and I think it is, as I have seen workers at S Wadsworth and 470 and Bandimere.... (I am getting no 4glte service forced from Quebec and 470 to Hamden and 470)  Westminster and middle Lakewood need some love, and it looks to me that the entire old stapleton needs some love.   If it takes a couple of days to upgrade each tower, I think we are 30 days away, maybe 60. From what I have read on our thread, we are getting a lot of Sprint worker upgrade activity. We will know more tomorrow or Saturday as soon as Robert updates the site accepted thread.  I was raised and believe this: Hope for the best, but plan for the worst... I feel it's going to happen soon. Santa

Nothing changed. I am not a premier sponser, don't have access to the maps, but this I do have. Thornton, Loveland, Longmont and Fort Collins are broadcasting in places. Golden I70/ 6th avenue is broadcasting . I am seeing more forced Lte on the south side of town on different bands. I don't think everyone is going to get Lte at the same time, since Sprint is going to be broadcasting in 3 bands. Some phones will work with one band, others from all 3. From what I am seeing on forced Lte, we've got the entire Southwest part of town that needs upgrading, and I think it is, as I have seen workers at S Wadsworth and 470 and Bandimere.... (I am getting no 4glte service forced from Quebec and 470 to Hamden and 470)  Westminster and middle Lakewood need some love, and it looks to me that the entire old stapleton needs some love.   If it takes a couple of days to upgrade each tower, I think we are 30 days away, maybe 60. From what I have read on our thread, we are getting a lot of Sprint worker upgrade activity. We will know more tomorrow or Saturday as soon as Robert updates the site accepted thread.  I was raised and believe this: Hope for the best, but plan for the worst... I feel it's going to happen soon. Santa

You're on the right track Santa. Why not just donate five bucks here to become a sponsor and have access to the maps? It's really nice being able to correlate what I see to the accepted sites Robert updates every day or two. After a while a pattern begins to emerge. We could team up and chase the activity with accepted sites around during this whole process. I can't think of a better way to annoy my girlfriend than to form a gang of us!

Colin

• Like 1

Good news for you folks down in Colorado Springs.  30+ Band 26 LTE sites accepted there over the past few days.  Band 25 and Band 26 blanket most of the Springs now.  Folks with Triband phones should be quite happy with the coverage there.  The Premier Sponsor B26 map has been updated to show all the locations.

Robert

• Like 5

Good news for you folks down in Colorado Springs. 30+ Band 26 LTE sites accepted there over the past few days. Band 25 and Band 26 blanket most of the Springs now. Folks with Triband phones should be quite happy with the coverage there. The Premier Sponsor B26 map has been updated to show all the locations.

Robert

Hey Robert, how are the speeds on band 26? Are they the same as 25? But better penetration? :huh:

Sent from my teléfono!!!

Hey Robert, how are the speeds on band 26? Are they the same as 25? But better penetration? :huh:

Sent from my teléfono!!!

They are the same maximum speed.  37.5Mbps.  But the average B26 speed will be higher than B25 because there are a lot less B26 devices out there.  But B41 is fastest of all.

Robert

• Like 1

Im glad the Springs are getting more love, I was worried they weren't getting enought LTE services and us here in Denver were getting it all.  I was looking back at post from 2012 and people were saying " Should be with in the next 90 days". We here in the Denver Metro area will get it when we get it.   2016 is looking good!!!

Sorry quick off topic. I'm impressed how active the Colorado thread is. Phoenix just got a ton of LTE on the latest map update and no one is even talking about it while Denver gets 3 and we are all excited. Back on topic, since Colorado Springs got 800 LTE so quickly (in Sprint terms) after their LTE launch does that mean the Denver metro will get similar treatment when it does start to ramp up? I know the springs is a more important market to them since when I lived there people always raved about how good their sprint service was but one can hope right?

Sorry quick off topic. I'm impressed how active the Colorado thread is. Phoenix just got a ton of LTE on the latest map update and no one is even talking about it while Denver gets 3 and we are all excited. Back on topic, since Colorado Springs got 800 LTE so quickly (in Sprint terms) after their LTE launch does that mean the Denver metro will get similar treatment when it does start to ramp up? I know the springs is a more important market to them since when I lived there people always raved about how good their sprint service was but one can hope right?

Yea, I would think so.  I don't really see why not.