Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

i have a question to why i cant get any lte connection useable since spark update? I understand why on towers not live but the tower off of grant st in thornton has been live since summer and been able to connect by forcing it but once connected i could use it. I was by that tower today and once again i cant get lte and even forcing it it wont connect. So can someone explain this? Please. i know about csfb but before spark update i connected for a at least a few minutes. thanks.

jthawks, the reason you can't get connected is the ecsfb problem. Check back on earlier forums. It is my understanding when you purchased your triband phone, it wasn't sprint spark 3 band set up. You bought the phone and had 4Glte in certain spots. You got excited like me, and immediately did the upgrade (Just like I did!).. Before you did the upgrade Ecsfb didn't enter the picture, so you got the 4 gLte that was running. As soon as you did the upgrade, your phone has been instructed by sprint to not see 4gLte in Denver. As soon as all the clusters have been upgraded and accepted by Escfb, you and I will get 4GLte.. A great question for someone else, not me, is: How do I reprogam the phone to go back to non spark upgrade. That way we get 4gLTe in spots that it is working for single band phones. When we here that all clusters are accepted, and spark is announced in Denver, we can upgrade and go back.

I am now open for rebuttal from all you techs! Santa.....

Take it to Sprint and see, or root and flash original firmware. If there is any other way, which is doubtful, it would be in the forum and threads for your device at XDA. If you're already rooted try to find the radio and see if it changed. Did the update only enable Spark or did it update your Android version as well?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

As soon as you did the upgrade, your phone has been instructed by sprint to not see 4gLte in Denver. Santa.....

guys, I'm still getting LTE on band 41, post ZVA update.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Robert and Merlin, Helppppppppppp! Is my explanation to jthawks on target? Santa

No. CSFB is a requisite for all Sprint triband phones regardless of updates. CSFB is a network requirement for single radio devices to properly work and is a network requirement. No CSFB on the local network then no LTE for you as the phone immediately drops to 3G in order to preserve voice capability. 

Santa, thanks for that but that I already knew. I feel there is a different reason to why my g2 picked up lte at that tower before the spark update, even didn't always have to force it, to know it won't pick it up. Also that tower is not band 41. I only get band 41 showing on my phone but has not been enough to get useable data. I get 140dBm. So just wondering what happened

If it is just one Band 25 site that you cannot connect to, it makes me conclude that site is having a problem.  It may be the site is disconnected from CSFB for some reason.  Or the site may be down.

Robert

Posted Image

This was by CSU in Fort Collins. Since I have a tri band phone does this mean I am getting a Spark signal? Sorry I'm new on how LTE and Sprint Spark technology work. How do I check to see what channel of LTE I am on?

• Like 1

Posted Image

This was by CSU in Fort Collins. Since I have a tri band phone does this mean I am getting a Spark signal? Sorry I'm new on how LTE and Sprint Spark technology work. How do I check to see what channel of LTE I am on?

There is a Spark site on the roof of the Hilton. I was hitting 45Mbps with a strong signal when connected to it. To check your channel/band, go to the LTE Engineering screen. Go to the phone dialer, dial ##DATA#. Select LTE Engineering.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

So, I have another question:

In another month I'll be eligible for a phone upgrade. Considering the current issues picking up LTE with spark enabled devices, is there an advantage to waiting for a while to upgrade to a spark enabled device?

In another month I'll be eligible for a phone upgrade. Considering the current issues picking up LTE with spark enabled devices, is there an advantage to waiting for a while to upgrade to a spark enabled device?

Should wait until CSFB is resolved.  It shouldn't be long and by then the S5 and LG Pro 2 would be out.  It would be worth the wait.

Anywhere LTE has been enabled, CSFB is also in place, so a Spark device would be able to receive LTE.

The only advantage to waiting is there will be more coverage, and possibly new devices to choose from.

Santa, thanks for that but that I already knew. I feel there is a different reason to why my g2 picked up lte at that tower before the spark update, even didn't always have to force it, to know it won't pick it up. Also that tower is not band 41. I only get band 41 showing on my phone but has not been enough to get useable data. I get 140dBm. So just wondering what happened

The Spark update may have changed the threshold that is needed for your device to latch onto Band 25 LTE. It may be ignoring the weak signal now because it would prefer to connect to Band 26 at that level.

Or as Robert said, there may be an issue with the site. It's hard to say. 

Anywhere LTE has been enabled, CSFB is also in place, so a Spark device would be able to receive LTE.thanks. that makes sense.I might make a trip up north to see what happens. Also the tower on 160th and Huron has been acting weird past few days. My buddy with note 2 was able to make calls but all he heard was h his voice. He also said signal would go full then to zero. That been happening to me as well on the signal.

The only advantage to waiting is there will be more coverage, and possibly new devices to choose from.

The Spark update may have changed the threshold that is needed for your device to latch onto Band 25 LTE. It may be ignoring the weak signal now because it would prefer to connect to Band 26 at that level.

Long time lurker.   Watching this forum is what finally convinced me to upgrade

to a tri-band phone a couple weeks ago. 

4G LTE in downtown Golden Colorado with EHRPD (received a phone call between speed tests)

post-34278-0-14526900-1392004285_thumb.png

Edited by Daemon42
  • Like 2

Anywhere LTE has been enabled, CSFB is also in place, so a Spark device would be able to receive LTE.thanks. that makes sense.I might make a trip up north to see what happens. Also the tower on 160th and Huron has been acting weird past few days. My buddy with note 2 was able to make calls but all he heard was h his voice. He also said signal would go full then to zero. That been happening to me as well on the signal.

REPLY OUTSIDE THE QUOTES!!!!

Took me a few minutes to figure out what you wrote.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2