Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

The band 41 is coming from a separate clearwire site. The the LTE should turn on some time in the next few months.

few months? i liked your thirty days statement better. Probably getting 41 from the tower on 160th and huron. I dont think the on on 160th was a clearwire site. I know the one on 144th and i25 is. Clearwire sites only do band 41 right now right? Also will clearwire sites only do band 41 and if so that means non tri band phones wont get lte unless there is a non clearwire tower somewhere else?

few months? i liked your thirty days statement better. Probably getting 41 from the tower on 160th and huron. I dont think the on on 160th was a clearwire site. I know the one on 144th and i25 is. Clearwire sites only do band 41 right now right? Also will clearwire sites only do band 41 and if so that means non tri band phones wont get lte unless there is a non clearwire tower somewhere else?

- Most will be coming within a month, almost all within the next few months.

- I don't dabble in CW, can't stand it. It is by far our most difficult equipment to work with and troubleshoot.

- Clearwire sites will always only do 2500 (band 41, but I hate calling it that because we never use that internally). Future netvision sites may be upgraded to 2500 as well but will require new antennas and RRH units. (again, this may be the 5g option)

- You need a tri-band to get 2500LTE, but you do not need tri-band to get the 800LTE and 1900LTE that is about to go active.

• Like 1

- I don't dabble in CW, can't stand it. It is by far our most difficult equipment to work with and troubleshoot.

- Clearwire sites will always only do 2500 (band 41, but I hate calling it that because we never use that internally). Future netvision sites may be upgraded to 2500 as well but will require new antennas and RRH units. (again, this may be the 5g option)

- You need a tri-band to get 2500LTE, but you do not need tri-band to get the 800LTE and 1900LTE that is about to go active.

Gotta love the 2009-2010 Huawei gear :)

Sent from my Nexus 5

thanks for that info. I have g2 so I'm good. That's good to know. So 5g? Wow I love it. So clearwire sites are a pain? So the sites that just went 3g accepted, Are those the one's that will get lte within those thirty days you mentioned? Like the tower on 160th and Huronish

Gotta love the 2009-2010 Huawei gear :)

No. I will not love it. It is a monumental pain in the ass that prevents Sprint from beating up on Verizon for overall network quality. Without that garbage Sprint would be crushing right now.

Unless you have an iPhone 5s/c you do. For 800 LTE.

I guess, true. 

But the 800LTE is going to be quite a while down the road for Denver and will be spotty as it comes online. 1x800 on the new equipment is going to be a game changer. Let me know when you get crystal clear calls inside elevators in the basement. Then you'll know what I mean, anywhere you can get that call you can also get about 2-3Mbps data...

Everyone know that one friend with a basement or room that is dead to the world, once this is done you can proudly show off your data speeds while they can't even send a text. 

I guess, true. 

But the 800LTE is going to be quite a while down the road for Denver and will be spotty as it comes online. 1x800 on the new equipment is going to be a game changer. Let me know when you get crystal clear calls inside elevators in the basement. Then you'll know what I mean, anywhere you can get that call you can also get about 2-3Mbps data...

Everyone know that one friend with a basement or room that is dead to the world, once this is done you can proudly show off your data speeds while they can't even send a text. 

Oh believe me, I fully understand the benefits of 1x800 (which almost all current devices will be able to use!).

Not sure how that correlates to 2-3Mbps of data... 800LTE will not have the same coverage as 1x800.

Why would 800 LTE be so far down the line for Denver? We already have some info on the scheduling for Colorado (Premier forums), and it looks to be progressing fairly nicely. If 800 LTE carrier cards are already out there, what would prevent them from turning them on shortly after getting 1900 LTE running? 

• Like 1

Did someone leave their sarcasm detector off today? :)

It is that bad. That garbage is bad enough to keep far too many tech's busy, which keeps us from fixing real problems.

Oh believe me, I fully understand the benefits of 1x800 (which almost all current devices will be able to use!).

Not sure how that correlates to 2-3Mbps of data... 800LTE will not have the same coverage as 1x800.

Why would 800 LTE be so far down the line for Denver? We already have some info on the scheduling for Colorado (Premier forums), and it looks to be progressing fairly nicely. If 800 LTE carrier cards are already out there, what would prevent them from turning them on shortly after getting 1900 LTE running? 

Based on the rollout I have seen after all the clusters are online (soon) it follows a few months later. But there are only so many samsung techs and a ton of Denver sites. Late summer maybe? I haven't payed attention to the rollout schedules on this site.

800LTE will not have the  penetrating power of 1x800, however, 1x800 is going to carry the old 3g signal with surprising power.

• Like 1

Based on the rollout I have seen after all the clusters are online (soon) it follows a few months later. But there are only so many samsung techs and a ton of Denver sites. Late summer maybe? I haven't payed attention to the rollout schedules on this site.

800LTE will not have the  penetrating power of 1x800, however, 1x800 is going to carry the old 3g signal with surprising power.

1x800 is just that, 1x. It will be great for voice, but it won't do anything for data.

It won't carry EVDO, so any data pass through you get will be limited to 150Kbps or so (I forget what the theoretical max is).

1x800 is just that, 1x. It will be great for voice, but it won't do anything for data.

It won't carry EVDO, so any data pass through you get will be limited to 150Kbps or so (I forget what the theoretical max is).

:-]

Do you really think they are going to leave that chunk of spectrum to voice alone? There is more to this story than anyone is allowed to tell, but it will take quite some time. 

:-]

Do you really think they are going to leave that chunk of spectrum to voice alone? There is more to this story than anyone is allowed to tell, but it will take quite some time.

You mean that sliver of spectrum that can only fit a single 1xA and 5 mhz lte carrier?

Sent from my Nexus 5

You mean that sliver of spectrum that can only fit a single 1xA and 5 mhz lte carrier?

Sent from my Nexus 5

It's the same spectrum as the 800LTE. The only reason you wont get the full LTE indoors is due to signal strength and noise. Remember, LTE is the new 1x, it will be here for a long time and they will build upon it as we move to 5g. Just because the theoretical max is 150kbps (per channel) doesn't mean you can't have more than one channel active. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it's significant and already being tested.

It's the same spectrum as the 800LTE. The only reason you wont get the full LTE indoors is due to signal strength and noise. Remember, LTE is the new 1x, it will be here for a long time and they will build upon it as we move to 5g. Just because the theoretical max is 150kbps (per channel) doesn't mean you can't have more than one channel active. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it's significant and already being tested.

Someone somewhere is feeding you incorrect information.

Sprint is deploying ONE 1x carrier in the SMR band, and ONE LTE carrier in the SMR band. They do not have enough spectrum for anything else.

And all this talk about 5G... Someone is really blowing smoke.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Someone somewhere is feeding you incorrect information.

Sprint is deploying ONE 1x carrier in the SMR band, and ONE LTE carrier in the SMR band. They do not have enough spectrum for anything else.

And all this talk about 5G... Someone is really blowing smoke.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure how, but the source is solid. Several years away minimum, but the goal is to have all the other carriers chasing them into 5g and the network is built for that. Everyone else is running their LTE on retrofitted networks while NV is built to withstand the 5G and beyond systems. I realize this is mostly on the switch side, but it is the backbone of where everything is going.   

• Like 1

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure how, but the source is solid. Several years away minimum, but the goal is to have all the other carriers chasing them into 5g and the network is built for that. Everyone else is running their LTE on retrofitted networks while NV is built to withstand the 5G and beyond systems. I realize this is mostly on the switch side, but it is the backbone of where everything is going.   

Are you thinking of carrier aggregation using LTE-Advanced?

Are you thinking of carrier aggregation using LTE-Advanced?

Maybe?

The only bit of information I know for sure regarding the 800 spectrum is that it is a change in the 1x800. 

I fix, deploy, troubleshoot, and help plan... Design and research aren't my field. 

I shouldn't even be here talking about anything...

• Like 1

Roughly where was this taken?

For some reason I haven't been able to connect to any of the LTE blips that have been around downtown for a week or so.

At my desk somewhere above the 20th floor of the CenturyLink tower at 1801 California St.. . . .

;)