Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

what sort of settings "tweaks" are you referring to?

I haven't confirmed that this is necessary but... Under LTE(edit) settings in DATA(##3282#) menu I have LTE, B26, B41 enabled & Band Priorities are B25=1,B26=0,B41=1.  Under LTE(view) settings you get these priorities B25=1, B26=3, B41=2.  I did perform a PRL update around the time that I started picking up Band41 much easier.  As Robert pointed out, incoming calls don't go through when on Band 41 LTE(until CSFB is upgraded).

• Like 1

Although it's probably more related to the snow or sun spots or whatnot, but for the first time I'm able to get 3g at my desk today (-91 db on my iphone5) .  I work in the Galleria bldg on Colorado blvd (the gold building next to Shotguns that blinds everyone).  I never get more than 1x at my desk as long as I can remember.  

I haven't confirmed that this is necessary but... Under LTE(edit) settings in DATA(##3282#) menu I have LTE, B26, B41 enabled & Band Priorities are B25=1,B26=0,B41=1.  Under LTE(view) settings you get these priorities B25=1, B26=3, B41=2.  I did perform a PRL update around the time that I started picking up Band41 much easier.  As Robert pointed out, incoming calls don't go through when on Band 41 LTE(until CSFB is upgraded).

good thinking.  For some reason ##3282# is not working on my Nexus 5.  Other thoughts?

**EDIT** Nevermind, I found it.  It's *#*#3282#*#* on the N5 if anyone cares.

Edited by xiutehcuhtli

... remember when I said "hold on to your butts"...

That was for the next 30 days.

Soooo... I've been looking at stuff in some sponsor forum topics (not telling what, donate and go see), band 41 sightings around the city, the LG G2 OTA triband update (most likely unrelated, but coincidental), knowing WiMAX had been installed throughout Denver, and Merlin's popping up to tease us with that big juicy 30 day steak, it would be a crime to not speculate.

Denver's a large metro area largely ignored by Sprint. which may have been intentional. A large number of customers are upset because they can't get a straight answer. They're all over Sprint boards, it's no secret. Somebody even created a twitter account for these angry customers and they've been relentless trying to expose something. Some questionable business tactics in my opinion.

My speculation? Denver won't have only LTE in 30 days, they're going to straight light up spark. They've been taking their time with it, making sure to work out the bugs and if it kicks butt, Denver will be Sprints example of what spark is capable of doing. Thoughts, or should I just go make an aluminum hat now?

• Like 2

Soooo... I've been looking at stuff in some sponsor forum topics (not telling what, donate and go see), band 41 sightings around the city, the LG G2 OTA triband update (most likely unrelated, but coincidental), knowing WiMAX had been installed throughout Denver, and Merlin's popping up to tease us with that big juicy 30 day steak, it would be a crime to not speculate.

Denver's a large metro area largely ignored by Sprint. which may have been intentional. A large number of customers are upset because they can't get a straight answer. They're all over Sprint boards, it's no secret. Somebody even created a twitter account for these angry customers and they've been relentless trying to expose something. Some questionable business tactics in my opinion.

My speculation? Denver won't have only LTE in 30 days, they're going to straight light up spark. They've been taking their time with it, making sure to work out the bugs and if it kicks butt, Denver will be Sprints example of what spark is capable of doing. Thoughts, or should I just go make an aluminum hat now?

Would be pretty awesome if this were true.  Best bet though is to not expect that, I can't see Sprint giving us that love after so long of being given NO love at all.

Please upload photos of the hat.

• Like 3

Ignored? Hardly. 

Spark is already lit up . 

Crews have been kicking butt getting equipment installed all over the city. Had Colorado been an earlier round market, all of these sites would have been fired up already. Samsung had to change their deployment strategy last Summer to account for eCSFB for tri-band devices. The new deployment strategy requires all sites within a cluster to be complete before they can fire them up. Once the cluster is complete (SOON) big chunks of the city will light up.

• Like 3

I second the request for pics of the hat. I've been a long time follower of this thread and can't thank everyone enough for their time and input. There has been blood sweat tears and giggles for all...but the 30 day steak has me anxious as an ugly girl on prom night....bring on the LTE! ! !

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Would be pretty awesome if this were true.  Best bet though is to not expect that, I can't see Sprint giving us that love after so long of being given NO love at all.

That was kinda the point. Did you ever want something so bad for your birthday, but your parents kept saying it wasn't going to happen? Maybe they said something around the lines of "sorry, we really knew you wanted that this year buddy but we just can't afford it" Then Bam! Merlin finally gets that easy bake oven.

Of course it's probably not going to happen. I wouldn't buy a Powerball ticket and quit my job before the drawing. But it's always fun to talk about possibilities.

Just messing with you Merlin! I'll put some foil hat picks up later tonight when I get home.

• Like 3

This site is pretty cool. I don't really say much on here, but you all are very entertaining, and informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree with you. I have learned so much about everything with cell phones.  I am so intrigued on what it takes to make a call and for data to work. Very cool stuff. I find myself looking at cell towers like a kid looking in the store for his new radio flyer.  Thanks again to everyone. 

• Like 2

Like jthawks, I was never a phone guy. I am also intrigued about how everything works. Thanks to all of you, especially Merlin, Robert and jthawks for all of the usefull info you supply us with.  FYI: sensorly is showing speed test along West hamden Hwy 285 between Wadsworth and Sante Fe in south Denver Co. It looks like Christmas lights!  Hope we get the site upgrades in the next couple of months so my Galaxy Mega HUUUUUUGE phone starts picking up 4 GLTE. Enjoy to all of you!!!! Santa Claus.....

• Like 1

Hamden from Federal to Wadsworth had no 3 g service this morning. Maybe something is happening down here!

It's because it's fing cold outside! Lol

• Like 3

It's because it's fing cold outside! Lol

Its true.  Most data packets refuse to go outside when it's this cold, although some of them will sit outside the door smoking regardless of temperature.  

• Like 5

That was kinda the point. Did you ever want something so bad for your birthday, but your parents kept saying it wasn't going to happen? Maybe they said something around the lines of "sorry, we really knew you wanted that this year buddy but we just can't afford it" Then Bam! Merlin finally gets that easy bake oven.

Of course it's probably not going to happen. I wouldn't buy a Powerball ticket and quit my job before the drawing. But it's always fun to talk about possibilities.

Just messing with you Merlin! I'll put some foil hat picks up later tonight when I get home.

I'm with you.  My parents just never said anything about birthday presents I should/should not expect.  

Being the youngest of 8 it was more like "Hang on...  You were born?"

• Like 1

it would be a crime to not speculate.

This made me laugh. I enjoy your spirit. And it never hurts to speculate. :tu:

It's interesting to consider this. The big problem with your idea though is that Sprint's Band 41 LTE (Spark TD-LTE 2600) will not work on Triband smartphones without CSFB installed and running on the 3G network that the device is connected to. We write about this here:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

So if Sprint mad rushes Band 41 LTE (Spark) to all the sites it can in Denver (of which half are already done), then it will just sit there and wait being under utilized until Network Vision upgrades appear and enable CSFB.  As dkoellerwx mentions above, Samsung had to switch gears last Fall and deploy just the 3G side first because of the CSFB problem.

And here is the dirty little secret.  Sprint only has a paltry 14 share in Denver.  Only one Top 15 market has less subscribers...San Francisco.  With Network Vision, some places had to be first.  And some places have to be last.  It makes sense for Sprint to do Denver last.  But since Sprint only has 14% of the market (and likely even less now) you can all take solace that a Sprint Triband network when built out will likely be the least burdened of all Top 15 markets.

Robert

• Like 1

I think so, and I can't wait to be there around opening day Coors Field, with LTE.  

I'd kill for LTE or even 1900 EVDO at Mile High next year... I'm pretty much always roaming in the south stands, and I have to toggle into airplane mode between exchaning texts with my freinds if I'm going to last through the whole game.

And to make it worse, Verizon (my sworn enemy since back in the Nextel days) has a wifi network throughout the stadium which you can only access if you're a VZ customer. I'm guessing Sprint can't install anything onsite becuase Verizon's the Broncos' wireless sponsor and there's probably some sort of exclusivity deal incorporated into that.

It's interesting to consider this. The big problem with your idea though is that Sprint's Band 41 LTE (Spark TD-LTE 2600) will not work on Triband smartphones without CSFB installed and running on the 3G network that the device is connected to. We write about this here:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

So if Sprint mad rushes Band 41 LTE (Spark) to all the sites it can in Denver (of which half are already done), then it will just sit there and wait being under utilized until Network Vision upgrades appear and enable CSFB.  As dkoellerwx mentions above, Samsung had to switch gears last Fall and deploy just the 3G side first because of the CSFB problem.

And here is the dirty little secret.  Sprint only has a paltry 14 share in Denver.  Only one Top 15 market has less subscribers...San Francisco.  With Network Vision, some places had to be first.  And some places have to be last.  It makes sense for Sprint to do Denver last.  But since Sprint only has 14% of the market (and likely even less now) you can all take solace that a Sprint Triband network when built out will likely be the least burdened of all Top 15 markets.

Robert

Wow only 14%.  Holding strong for 11 years.

• Like 1

Robert

Of course it makes sense. I hope I didn't come across as somebody only wanting to complain. Dang that Merlin. Ever since he posted a date, I've turned into a kid on Christmas eve. My girlfriend is about to strangle me. I'd rather Sprint take their time to get it right. Honestly, I'm so excited about all of this because as soon as it's running I'm firing Comcast!