Major coverage map update 2016/01/10

JWMaloney

Old map data courtesy of dsatrbs posted to /r/sprint:

https://mega.nz/#!dcJEjRJS!2olvjpP-E699qe-bIENZykrfGtPKt8HdhNpSFfTMiTo

They also posted t-mobile tilesets and did a comparison map.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/3y546q/tmobile_1115_to_1215_bonus_sprint_maps/

(edit: They aren't very zoomed in, but maybe you can compare larger differences.)

Edited by luvixuha

Notice these black dots are appearing in Albuquerque with the latest update. Anyone know what these mean?

Qamw248.png

From what I can tell from looking at my market, it looks like they are sprint stores although I may be wrong.

From what I can tell from looking at my market, it looks like they are sprint stores although I may be wrong.

No they are just general landmarks like shopping or sports complexs etc....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I noticed this in the Pittsburgh market for a new LTE and B41 site. Other markets such as Columbus were unchanged.

If your market coverage map has changed I urge you to look carefully for new sites!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Hope they looked into el paso tx while updating the map. Hope they saw that we need b41

El Paso may continue to be a pain point.  Because of Mexico, Sprint presently cannot run band 26.  Sprint lacks adequate spectrum there to run a band 25 second carrier.  And El Paso is/was a WiMAX license protection market.  You may be stuck with what you have for the next year or so.

AJ

El Paso may continue to be a pain point. Because of Mexico, Sprint presently cannot run band 26. Sprint lacks adequate spectrum there to run a band 25 second carrier. And El Paso is/was a WiMAX license protection market. You may be stuck with what you have for the next year or so.

AJ

That's what I've seen in my research. We had about 5 towers that had wimax on it but that's about it.... el paso is really struggling with just the 5×5 bandwidth on band 25..... this year alone we are up to over 800 thouand population.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

That's what I've seen in my research. We had about 5 towers that had wimax on it but that's about it.... el paso is really struggling with just the 5×5 bandwidth on band 25..... this year alone we are up to over 800 thouand population.

Yeah, you were not far off.  In our sponsor section, we have maps of all Clearwire sites.  El Paso has/had three WiMAX license protection sites.  Band 41 also can be added to full build Network Vision sites, but there is no guarantee.  Right now, El Paso just is not a priority market.

AJ

• Like 1

Yeah, you were not far off. In our sponsor section, we have maps of all Clearwire sites. El Paso has/had three WiMAX license protection sites. Band 41 also can be added to full build Network Vision sites, but there is no guarantee. Right now, El Paso just is not a priority market.

AJ

I wonder why... we are a lower budget city. So the 50% off here would be a huge hit. But the towers can't handle many more people on it...its starting to get to the point..... where dropped and delayed text messages are starting to become a issue again just like on the legacy sites.

And our signal strength is on average higher then it needs to be.... so i assum there is a lot of gaps between towers.

That also may be to combat the Mexican operators.  They are notorious for spilling signal over the border, potentially trying to grab roaming traffic.  A border town is a less than ideal place to be for wireless, unfortunately.

AJ

That also may be to combat the Mexican operators. They are notorious for spilling signal over the border, potentially trying to grab roaming traffic. A border town is a less than ideal place to be for wireless, unfortunately.

AJ

I mean i have other options. Verizon performs great here. Full xlte and 700 mhz. At&t great signal strenght penetrates well. Tmobile just passed at&t in network speeds. But all my money is tied into sprint

El Paso may continue to be a pain point. Because of Mexico, Sprint presently cannot run band 26. Sprint lacks adequate spectrum there to run a band 25 second carrier. And El Paso is/was a WiMAX license protection market. You may be stuck with what you have for the next year or so.

AJ

But even the year or so....is not a guarantee for el paso to even get band 41... im not even expecting lte plus lol

But even the year or so....is not a guarantee for el paso to even get band 41... im not even expecting lte plus lol

Once Band 41 goes in, it will most likely go live with 2 carriers and carrier aggregation (LTE Plus). I would wager that installs start within a year. Even by summer. Though I don't have any inside info to back that up.

Once Band 41 goes in, it will most likely go live with 2 carriers and carrier aggregation (LTE Plus). I would wager that installs start within a year. Even by summer. Though I don't have any inside info to back that up.

Im hoping, but in my research that i have seen sprint can't aggregate unless band 26 is present correct me if im wrong. El paso is a top 100 market according to number so i don't see why we wouldn't be a priority

Im hoping, but in my research that i have seen sprint can't aggregate unless band 26 is present correct me if im wrong. El paso is a top 100 market according to number so i don't see why we wouldn't be a priority

Very wrong. Band 41 carrier aggregation is not dependent on Band 26 at all. There is no 25+25, 25+26, 25+41, 26+41 carrier aggregation, only 41+41. 

• Like 1

Very wrong. Band 41 carrier aggregation is not dependent on Band 26 at all. There is no 25+25, 25+26, 25+41, 26+41 carrier aggregation, only 41+41.

Perfect great to know..... so this is all really a toss to when sprint will try to get band 41 here. There are much smaller markets in Tx such as amarillo, odessa midland, Lubbock that have band 41.... i really wonder why we don't

Carrier aggregation on band 41 has nothing to do with Band 26, but I see I was beaten to it.

Perfect great to know..... so this is all really a toss to when sprint will try to get band 41 here. There are much smaller markets in Tx such as amarillo, odessa midland, Lubbock that have band 41.... i really wonder why we don't

It's done on a market by market basis (Sprint market, not cities). For example, the Oklahoma market has not started B41 deployment yet either. That includes Oklahoma City and Tulsa. The Albuquerque market (includes most of New Mexico, and El Paso) has not started deployment. The Oklahoma and Albuquerque markets are considered tertiary markets, and thus are much lower on the priority list.

See this post for a map of Sprint markets: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/articles/nationwide-sprint-market-map-is-here-r31

It's done on a market by market basis (Sprint market, not cities). For example, the Oklahoma market has not started B41 deployment yet either. That includes Oklahoma City and Tulsa. The Albuquerque market (includes most of New Mexico, and El Paso) has not started deployment. The Oklahoma and Albuquerque markets are considered tertiary markets, and thus are much lower on the priority list.

See this post for a map of Sprint markets: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/articles/nationwide-sprint-market-map-is-here-r31

I see that makes sense...... i really hope it's soon, because band 25 is struggling very bad!

link was corrected, somehow got the wrong text in there!

Damn, I was all ready to go skiing.

;)

AJ