Sprint to end 2 Year Contracts

JimBob

Im about ready to upgrade, and for the 5th time it looks like Amazon is still offering the best contract prices. Generally $50-$100 less than straight from Sprint.

I'm not having any luck finding any new phones on Amazon for Sprint 2 year contracts.  (S6, G4, iPhone 6S all missing..).  Where are you going to see the deals?  

I clicked on the link but it doesn't really take you anywhere. At least it didn't with me.

I clicked on the link but it doesn't really take you anywhere. At least it didn't with me.

My apologies, I'm using a desktop right now.

Basically Best Buy offering a minimum of $200 trade-in value for any turned in smartphone towards the purchase of Sprint iPhone 6s/6s Plus on contract.

Edited by AppleFanBoy

My apologies, I'm using a desktop right now.

Basically Best Buy offering a minimum of $200 trade-in value for any turned in smartphone towards the purchase of Sprint iPhone 6s/6s Plus on contract.

Ah okay, that explains it.

The same promo was done with the Note5 & Galaxy S6 Plus

I jumped on it and grabbed the Note 5. $249 + tax - $200 trade in BB gift card and paid $70 or so out of pocket. 2 year contract but the promo is offered on ALL finance programs on Sprint. Subsidy, Easy Pay & Lease.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not having any luck finding any new phones on Amazon for Sprint 2 year contracts.  (S6, G4, iPhone 6S all missing..).  Where are you going to see the deals?  

Hm, they seem to have moved things around since I last checked.

But theyre still there, sort of

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Edge-Sprint/dp/B0134TVNSQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1444244597&sr=1-3&keywords=galaxy+s6&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A2420629011

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S5-White-Sprint/dp/B00IZ1X21K/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1444244635&sr=1-1&keywords=galaxy+s6&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A2420629011

Im about ready to upgrade, and for the 5th time it looks like Amazon is still offering the best contract prices. Generally $50-$100 less than straight from Sprint.

I wish I could upgrade through Best Buy.

Amazon and BB has always worked for me with promos on subsidy. Sprint as of late no bueno on subsidy sales but Lease & Easy Pay are good. For example leasing a G4 is $0 down and no taxes upfront and $18 monthly then loyalty credit of $15 monthly i can lease the G4 for only $3 a month.

Best Sprint can do for Legacy Customers.

• Like 1

SERO :( which means SERO chance that it will work at Best Buy since they can't access those accounts.

I knew you were going to say that.

I know someone on the same plan and it only allows upgrades through the carrier.

I understand the discounts and pricing are better vs a regular plan.

I knew you were going to say that.

I know someone on the same plan and it only allows upgrades through the carrier.

I understand the discounts and pricing are better vs a regular plan.

I am not complaining though.  I would definitely trade a cheaper plan than a discount on a phone in the long run unless they are on an ED plan with a corporate discount of 25% on 5 lines which at at that point is cheaper per line than SERO.

I am not complaining though. I would definitely trade a cheaper plan than a discount on a phone in the long run unless they are on an ED plan with a corporate discount of 25% on 5 lines which at at that point is cheaper per line than SERO.

That is my exact plan. 25% discount and all. Total with taxes is just under $45 per line.

• Like 3

That is my exact plan. 25% discount and all. Total with taxes is just under $45 per line.

That's great!

Btw how does one go by in getting a corporate discount 25%

Usually through your employer. I think the % discount depends on the volume of employees using Sprint on the discount.

I see. Currently my employer gives a discount of 15% and the Federal Credit Union I use gives a 10% but the offset on that is the activation fee or upgrade fee is waived with the Federal Credit Union.

I was simply curious on who gives the 25% discount. That's really good!

I see. Currently my employer gives a discount of 15% and the Federal Credit Union I use gives a 10% but the offset on that is the activation fee or upgrade fee is waived with the Federal Credit Union.

State Farm Insurance agents get 25%. Still have activation fees though.

State Farm Insurance agents get 25%. Still have activation fees though.

If only that will trickle down to the state farm insurance customers.

That would be great because I'm covered by State Farm.

• Like 1

Yup my bro told me he pays about $45/mo for his line in a 5 line plan.  Its funny how some folks harp down on SERO customers when in fact they are not the lowest ARPU customers.

Yup my bro told me he pays about $45/mo for his line in a 5 line plan. Its funny how some folks harp down on SERO customers when in fact they are not the lowest ARPU customers.

Yeah, I had a SERO for awhile but when they were done tacking on data and premium device fees it wasn't the $30 plan it started out as.

Yeah, I had a SERO for awhile but when they were done tacking on data and premium device fees it wasn't the $30 plan it started out as.

I know but even a few years ago before this whole "Simple Choice" plan stuff, when people had to pay $70-100 for minutes, data and text messages a la carte separately, you couldn't find anything for $50 postpaid.  So yeah it sucked it bumped from $30 to $50 but I still think its worth it and be able to get the high end smartphones.

Imagine if you were still stuck on the HTC Touch Pro 2 on faux Android still just to stay at $30.  UGH....nothing would get me to go back to those crappy phones.

My wife works for a hospital system that currently gives a 25% discount (up from 23% a year or two ago) so our lines are under her name.

• Like 2