Shared data bucket (32gb plan)...question

jonathanm1978

So, my bill cycle started over today (05/06) and I got online to check the usage because since I changed my plan to add a tablet on 4/14 and 4/18, it's been nothing but confusing trying to see what has been used...couldn't find a chart that told me the total from all lines...and had to go through each line and add them together to keep up with the total.

I'm glad to see that was only a couple weeks that I had to add it up myself, and now it's all under one link "See all shared usage"...

But, confusing to me is the number shown on the 3G/4G Data with Mobile Hotspot - 05/06 to 06/05 (shared)..My plan started over this month and moved from 20gb to 32gb....

Can anyone tell me why 54gb instead of 32gb?

shared.PNG

Our shared data screen is broken on the Sprint website.  Where it breaks it down by line, the usual usage bar indicators are missing.  In the Sprint Zone app, it says we've each used Kilobits of data, yet Sprint's website says we've used 8,851,496KB/ 83,886,080KBand have 13 days left in our billing cycle.  We have 7 lines sharing, one is a Zing WiFi hotspot.

I think your issue, as well as mine is due to Sprint getting ready to finish the overhaul of the website.  Give it some time (or a billing cycle) and things should hopefully iron out over time.

• Like 1

Our shared data screen is broken on the Sprint website.  Where it breaks it down by line, the usual usage bar indicators are missing.  In the Sprint Zone app, it says we've each used Kilobits of data, yet Sprint's website says we've used 8,851,496KB/ 83,886,080KBand have 13 days left in our billing cycle.  We have 7 lines sharing, one is a Zing WiFi hotspot.

I think your issue, as well as mine is due to Sprint getting ready to finish the overhaul of the website.  Give it some time (or a billing cycle) and things should hopefully iron out over time.

Count me in, I'm missing my Shared Usage meter, as well as my Usage breakdown page. 

Your total is actually 52GB (1,024kb = 1MB, 1,024MB = 1GB, so 54,525,952kB = 52GB).  Be careful and contact customer care.  When I switched over to the family shared plan when getting a new device for one of the existing lines, they moved only that line to the 20GB plan and kept the other two on the old Everything Family, meaning I was paying for TWO plans.  I had to call them to merge the plans and get everything fixed up. I can't tell from your screenshot if this is the case, but be sure to check to make sure you're only on one plan now and everything moved over correctly.

EDIT: I got the new device at a third-party retailer operating as a Sprint store.  Customer Service was more than helpful in fixing it.