HTC One M9 User Thread

COZisBack

Do some devices have a setting LTE only? A member here indicated he could even set an m9 to a specific LTE band when signal hunting. I assume that requires a rooted device. Am i missing something? I do not want to root my device simply because I do not know what i am doing with a rooted device.

Can we set the m9 to LTE only?

I do not know how to do LTE only BUT to enable/disable specific bands you only need your MSL. Once you have it, on the dialer do ##data# edit and then go into LTE Nas disable/enable as you please. Hit the menu button and commit the changes and you're good.

I will have to think about that to better understand.  I was looking at OM03XC025 in Council Bluffs for possible Band 26. 

I was debating monitoring that site, but my m9 and LG G Pad never "saw" that site even when I was very close to  it.

They kept "seeing" other LTE sites.

Thanks for responding?

Where do I do that? What does it specifically do? How to reset to stock?

The dialer. However if you aren't comfortable messing with that stuff I would advise avoiding the service menu.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for a Gunmetal Gray HTC One M9 on Sprint, please let me know. I have one that is in pristine condition that I would like to get rid of. Service (and EasyPay) is currently active. I have already paid one month of the EasyPay. Includes a Zagg InvisibleShield glass screen protector (with all original info so you can apply for the warranty). I am not asking for any money - if you would like the phone, it's yours! You just have to work with me through the process to transfer service and the EasyPay agreement into your name. I'll even through in $25 or $50 worth of Google Play credit for anyone who wants this phone!

If anyone is looking for a Gunmetal Gray HTC One M9 on Sprint, please let me know. I have one that is in pristine condition that I would like to get rid of. Service (and EasyPay) is currently active. I have already paid one month of the EasyPay. Includes a Zagg InvisibleShield glass screen protector (with all original info so you can apply for the warranty). I am not asking for any money - if you would like the phone, it's yours! You just have to work with me through the process to transfer service and the EasyPay agreement into your name. I'll even through in $25 or $50 worth of Google Play credit for anyone who wants this phone!

Have you had this approved by the powers that be at S4GRU. Sales and promoting are normally not allowed, per the rules.

Might try swappa but I believe you have to have the device off your account.

Have you had this approved by the powers that be at S4GRU. Sales and promoting are normally not allowed, per the rules.

Yes, as a non commercial site, S4GRU does not allow any and all sales/promotions.  But DanielB is a Premier sponsor, he has posted in a relevant existing thread, and he does not look to profit -- just to relieve his fiscal responsibility.  That is how you do it.  Everything looks above board to me.  If Robert wants to close this down, it will have to come to his decision.

AJ

• Like 1

For everyone who's had complaints about signal strength/dropping (including myself at times). I really can't say it anymore because this phone holds onto LTE just as aggressively as my n5 used to. uploadfromtaptalk1435263008611.png

• Like 3

We agree to disagree.  As I read your screenshot (I have several similar ones), it has dropped into CDMA 1x800 - NOT LTE 800 -band 26.

There is LTE somewhere which is seen by the M9, but not where it counts.  LTE in this case is treated as a neighbor and not as a functional frequency.  At least that is how my HTC One m9 performs.

Good folks here persuaded me to go tri-band.  I picked up the M9 based on that, the good name of HTC and the deal Sprint gave me with the m9 device.

I often dream of going back to my Motorola Photon Q which on a day to day functional basis was far more dependable than my experience with the M9.

We agree to disagree. As I read your screenshot (I have several similar ones), it has dropped into CDMA 1x800 - NOT LTE 800 -band 26.

Incorrect, the reason SignalclCheck Pro is showing 1x800 is showing up at the same time is a well known and documented bug related to lollipop and how it sends information to Signalcheck Pro.

This was a fully functional -126db b25 LTE signal. I was using it to browse reddit and stream Pandora at the time I took the screenshot.

• Like 1

Anyone know how to verify and/or enable CA on the M9?

Prl/profile update should enable it. I'll browse through the engineering screens in a bit to see and update.

Forgive me, but what is CA? [emoji5]

California.  The Golden State.  The 31st state admitted to the Union.

AJ

• Like 3

Carrier aggregation - allows you to connect to multiple channels ... see the latest Wall post about it being live in some areas. I just want to see if it's happening in California too

Forgive me, but what is CA? [emoji5]

• Like 1

Anyone know how to verify and/or enable CA on the M9?

To check and see if it is enabled, dial ##DATA# and click "LTE" and "View." If you have your MSL, you can enable CA (if it isn't already) by clicking "Edit" instead of view.

To verify you are using CA, dial ##DEBUG#, and click "LTE." If you see two B41 PCIs/RSRPs then you are using CA.

Of course, if you haven't seen any B41 second carrier in your area, you probably won't be seeing CA yet.

• Like 2

To check and see if it is enabled, dial ##DATA# and click "LTE" and "View." If you have your MSL, you can enable CA (if it isn't already) by clicking "Edit" instead of view.

To verify you are using CA, dial ##DEBUG#, and click "LTE." If you see two B41 PCIs/RSRPs then you are using CA.

Of course, if you haven't seen any B41 second carrier in your area, you probably won't be seeing CA yet.

b0855008a87dfe408ce6540f6968c45d.jpg

Not there but will look around more [emoji2]

See the WALL article

Sprint LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation Discovered Live Today in Atlanta (B41 2xCA)

Page two which includes comments indicates the HTC One M9 is capable of be set to take advantage of this, but I perceive an update of the device will be necessary.  Further comments indicate a permission modification by the device owner to enable it will be necessary as Sprint issued these devices with it turned off.

I updated the profile and PRL but cannot see it on the Lollipop 5.0.2 version.  Perhaps I need to wait for an update to that version?

I do not think we have established yet that the HTC engineering screens will display CA signal metrics -- only that the LG and Samsung screens do.

It is almost inevitable that some CA equipped handsets will give no indication of when CA is actually active.  Their engineering screens will display only PCC signal metrics.  And that is okay because any engineering screens are irrelevant to roughly 99 percent of users.

Maybe mikejeep can do something about it.  But he has his work cut out for him if SignalCheck Pro is going to display both PCC and SCC.  And that certainly should be a SignalCheck Pro only feature.  No CA signal metrics for the Lite cheapies.

AJ

• Like 3

I do not think we have established yet that the HTC engineering screens will display CA signal metrics -- only that the LG and Samsung screens do.

<SNIP>

AJ

I finally got up the nerve to at least look at that.  I am not sure how smart I was, but the only change that have made with that ability is to change the band priority from 25/26/41  to 41/26/25.  That was easier than it should be.  As yet, I am not convinced that it did any good 

After doing so, I powered down the m9 (turned it totally off) waited a moment or two and powered it back up. I achieved my goal of making the phone ask for the MSL before anything can be done further than look.

Before powering down, it was NOT necessary to reenter the MSL to do anything else...Scarry thought to me.   :ninja:  

I finally got up the nerve to at least look at that.  I am not sure how smart I was, but the only change that have made with that ability is to change the band priority from 25/26/41  to 41/26/25.  That was easier than it should be.  As yet, I am not convinced that it did any good 

After doing so, I powered down the m9 (turned it totally off) waited a moment or two and powered it back up. I achieved my goal of making the phone ask for the MSL before anything can be done further than look.

Before powering down, it was NOT necessary to reenter the MSL to do anything else...Scarry thought to me.   :ninja:  

Basically all you did was change the Scan priority. It will search for B41 first, then B26, then b25. The network decides which Person gets which band basically. 

• Like 2

I finally got up the nerve to at least look at that. I am not sure how smart I was, but the only change that have made with that ability is to change the band priority from 25/26/41 to 41/26/25. That was easier than it should be. As yet, I am not convinced that it did any good

Before powering down, it was NOT necessary to reenter the MSL to do anything else...Scarry thought to me. :ninja:

Turn off B41 and that'll do you some good. Use the Gpad for signal hunting, it can be trusted. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Lollipop 5.1 OTA coming to Sprint starting 7/1.

"@moversi: HTC One (M9) Sprint Owners! We have received technical approval on Lollipop OS 5.1 which includes camera improvements. OTA to start on 7/1!"

• Like 2

Lollipop 5.1 OTA coming to Sprint starting 7/1.

"@moversi: HTC One (M9) Sprint Owners! We have received technical approval on Lollipop OS 5.1 which includes camera improvements. OTA to start on 7/1!"

Hope this right is here true.... I think MORE people should care about the radio and network improvements, camera is sooooooooo secondary to the piss poor RF performance of this beast. I suspected that we would end up waiting on the MR to fix the radio/network communications until our 5.1.x update, makes sense BUT it's been a long 2 months dealing with this issue. I really really dig my M9 but the RF perf out of the box is maddening.  :censored:  :censored:

• Like 2

Hope this right is here true.... I think MORE people should care about the radio and network improvements, camera is sooooooooo secondary to the piss poor RF performance of this beast. I suspected that we would end up waiting on the MR to fix the radio/network communications until our 5.1.x update, makes sense BUT it's been a long 2 months dealing with this issue. I really really dig my M9 but the RF perf out of the box is maddening.  :censored:  :censored:

I'm ready to dig a hole and bury it like a bone.

The screenshot herewith was in an area surrounded by by LTE towers  anywhere from direct sight to a few miles... all three bands.

UeOQ8HL.png