HTC One M9 User Thread

COZisBack

I'm ready to dig a hole and bury it like a bone.

The screenshot herewith was in an area surrounded by by LTE towers  anywhere from direct sight to a few miles... all three bands.

And you're connected to LTE. The 1x is showing because there seems to be a bug with newer versions of Android causing that information to stick in the engineering screens, thus sticking on SCP. I see this same thing happening on my G4.

• Like 2

Turn off B41 and that'll do you some good. Use the Gpad for signal hunting, it can be trusted. [emoji106] [emoji106]

I have read some folks did that.  Then I see your screen shot showing you did.

What is the case for disabling band 41?

With the expectation of Lollipop 5.1 almost imminent, is there a problem doing nothing?

I have read some folks did that. Then I see your screen shot showing you did.

What is the case for disabling band 41?

With the expectation of Lollipop 5.1 almost imminent, is there a problem doing nothing?

Disable it and see how your phone acts. I think the real issue isn't B25/26 but how the network is shuffling us around when B41 is available. I could be connect to to B41 but with as much head and heartache it brings, there is no reason.

5.1.x update aside, you can just turn it back on if your phone still acts strange before the OTA is available. I think if you do a PRL and Profile update, the phone will actually enable B41 for you, without using the data + MSL code trick.

We actually don't have it too bad here in the Omaha/Lincoln areas BUT on a business trip, my layover in MN rendered the phone USELESS until I turned B41 off. It was rather horrible... [emoji29]

BUT on a business trip, my layover in MN rendered the phone USELESS until I turned B41 off. It was rather horrible... [emoji29]

Several Minnesota folks have made the same comment.

So I attempted to use my M9 again (I have two lines, other one is an iPhone 6 Plus), but still atrocious. I can be sitting in the exact same spot with both phones running them side by side and the One M9's performance is simply abysmal. Constantly drops data. Such a shame. :( So I am excited for this update and I hope it really helps! :D

Any work on whether this update will bring us the reported slow charging bug, or maybe even a fix?

(I tweeted this question to @moversi, just in case he would respond to a peon like myself)   :lol:

Lollipop 5.1 OTA coming to Sprint starting 7/1.

"@moversi: HTC One (M9) Sprint Owners! We have received technical approval on Lollipop OS 5.1 which includes camera improvements. OTA to start on 7/1!"

Can anyone give instructions how to do the update?  I am a new m9 owner.   TIA

m9 upgraded

807 meg   High speed Wi-Fi  strongly recommended.  Self updates 200+ apps per the screen.

Allow a good 30-45 minutes.for the entire process.

SJyUTAO.png

• Like 1

m9 upgraded

807 meg High speed Wi-Fi strongly recommended. Self updates 200+ apps per the screen.

Allow a good 30-45 minutes.for the entire process.

[image Removed]

Ha! That was a fast roll out start. :)

Jeff, let us know how its running for you and thanks for posting! 

I received the update this morning. So far I have noticed a huge change in the phone not bouncing between LTE and 3G. I have an interior office in a building with a metal roof and I had a horrible time with the signal bouncing in and out of LTE. So far after this update it has been very stable and usable on LTE and I have only seen it switch to 3G once in the last 2 hours. My signal strength is around - 106dB on LTE.

• Like 4

I received the update this morning. So far I have noticed a huge change in the phone not bouncing between LTE and 3G. I have an interior office in a building with a metal roof and I had a horrible time with the signal bouncing in and out of LTE. So far after this update it has been very stable and usable on LTE and I have only seen it switch to 3G once in the last 2 hours. My signal strength is around - 106dB on LTE.

I'm seeing the same.  MUCH MUCH better network stability.  I don't care about any of the other improvements, this thing is night and day different than it was before. 

will be loading up custom rom with the new firmware/base hopefully tonight so I can run around and see if the few reports I've seen of this fixing the LTE issues are true.

• Like 1

I mean I wouldn't mind improved battery life tho!

I mean, maybe.... Lol I think it's too early to say for sure but battery seems a little better. Anyhow, I have seen the phone rendered completely useless because of the network stuff. That being resolved, that is great.

will be loading up custom rom with the new firmware/base hopefully tonight so I can run around and see if the few reports I've seen of this fixing the LTE issues are true.

Any improvements seen?

Good Luck .... As far as I am seeing, when the m9 finds a CDMA signal, it holds on to it. I was all over a few LTE towers (direct line of sight .... in sight) and the m9 remained in CDMA signal mode.  At the same locations as this screenshot, my LG 7.0 G Pad tablet was on LTE.

arFn2zv.png

That said,I am seeing some difference in Signal Check Pro.  To avoid cross-posting, I am just showing the link here.  I have found that LTE Discovery has the tower information before Signal Check Pro when LTE is in the lower position on Signal Check Pro. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/?p=428630

They should show the same band if you have the latest version of each. Would need screen shots taken at the same moment to figure out what's going on.

lFl03xG.pngHPyNPqx.png

Any improvements seen?

I just posted on XDA

I've noticed an improvement in the radio as well. At my desk I used to watch it flip between B41/3G/1X/No Data...now it's parked on B25 which I never saw in my office before. I agree it's still too aggressive in holding onto 3G. I tested in a spot where I can get a fringe LTE signal and it wouldn't make the jump from 3G without a toggle of airplane mode.

• Like 1

I have not tried the Airplane mode switch back and forth on the new Lollipop 5.1 OS.  When I was on Lollipop 5.0.2, that trick caused increased power consumption and heat from the CPU on overdrive.  At that time, a soft reset did the trick to solve those issues.

Today, I did a soft reset (Up volume and power switch together).  For now, it appears to be finding LTE easier.  No guesses how long that will last. 

Just following up on my earlier post about the One M9 for sale - decided to actually go through with selling and listed it on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201385068549?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If a S4GRU member wins the auction or BINs, I'll donate another $25.00 to S4GRU in addition to my regular monthly recurring payment - just make sure I know you are a member here!

Just following up on my earlier post about the One M9 for sale - decided to actually go through with selling and listed it on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201385068549?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If a S4GRU member wins the auction or BINs, I'll donate another $25.00 to S4GRU in addition to my regular monthly recurring payment - just make sure I know you are a member here!

I tried... (edit:) HAS surpassed my highest price point already :( ... considering I just bought a G4.

• Like 2

I tried... (edit:) HAS surpassed my highest price point already :( ... considering I just bought a G4.

Shill!

;)

AJ

• Like 1

still seeing that the M9 hangs on to 3G for dear life ... but will eventually switch to LTE.

IMO more fine tuning is needed for the radio. Sensorly is still showing my home as being covered (so somebody's getting LTE there with Sprint) but it and the area around it are still basically dead zones for my M9.

• Like 1