20% off sprint phones w/ 2 year contract at Target

Destroyallcubes

If you shop at Target and need a new phone, download cartwheel, and get 20% off on any sprint phone, plus get a minimum $100 gift card towards the phone if you do a trade in. Pretty good deal!

cR1zgOy.jpg

Do you have any other information on this? I have a friend looking to move to Sprint.

Here's a screenshot of the deal from Cartwheel app. Good through 12/20. Didn't see anything about the trade in part.

Updated the post with a picture of the ad showing the trade in special.
  • Like 1

Updated the post with a picture of the ad showing the trade in special.

I have an upgrade on my account but am content with my Nexus 5, can I use the upgrade and sell the phone after they activate it?

Would my math be right for the iPhone 6: $190 - 20% discount from Cartwheel - $100 for trade in - $50 Target gift card - $400 resale value of iPhone 6 = $398 profit?

Sounds too good to be true.

I have an upgrade on my account but am content with my Nexus 5, can I use the upgrade and sell the phone after they activate it?

Would my math be right for the iPhone 6: $190 - 20% discount from Cartwheel - $100 for trade in - $50 Target gift card - $400 resale value of iPhone 6 = $398 profit?

Basically you trade in a smsrtphone in the trade in catalog, if it works, no broken parts, you get minimum $100 target giftcard. But has to be done at time of buying the contract upgrade.

So basically you get Iphone 6$ 199

For 20% off on carthweel, is now $159. You can trade in your Nexus 5, get for example $100 Giftcard, and on top of that all iphones get a $50 giftcard. So in turn you get away with target paying you

You're paying about $20 a month for your subsidy.  So you'll pay $480 plus a phone to get $398.  That actually sounds like a pretty bad deal unless you consider the time value of money (you make the money now and pay it back over the next 2 years) and trade in a worthless qualifying phone.  You'll also be locked into your contract for 2 more years. 

• Like 1

You're paying about $20 a month for your subsidy. So you'll pay $480 plus a phone to get $398. That actually sounds like a pretty bad deal unless you consider the time value of money (you make the money now and pay it back over the next 2 years) and trade in a worthless qualifying phone. You'll also be locked into your contract for 2 more years.

I have postpaid accounts with Sprint, Verizon and AT&T. With no contracts. So liberating! I don't plan to ever go back. If I can't afford the phone's cash price, then I can't afford the phone. That's my philosophy.
  • Like 5

You're paying about $20 a month for your subsidy.  So you'll pay $480 plus a phone to get $398.  That actually sounds like a pretty bad deal unless you consider the time value of money (you make the money now and pay it back over the next 2 years) and trade in a worthless qualifying phone.  You'll also be locked into your contract for 2 more years. 

Discussing a subsidy model versus a contract free cellphone model would take too long, so I will not speak generally.

Personally though, I pay $55 a month for unlimited everything on Family Everything Data 1500.  The breakdown would be $50 a month for unlimited data plan and $5 for the subsidy or $398-120=278.

I did forget to add the activation fee though.

If you are on framily it was $15. Alao noting on a maxed frmily you save another $5 extra so it isnt as high as you think. For those that wish to get a phone from target like the iphone, dont wish to do easy pay, you can buy said phone (if you ha e a smartphone like an Iphone 4 or something ) trade in your phone, and you can get the iphone for $350( contract cancelation ) plus $59. But you also get a $59 giftcard. Getting an Iphone 6 outright for $350 is a good deal given you cancel the new line after the 14 days.