Has the new load balancing on towers helped at all?

stuckinohio1

I was reading a month or two ago that sprint was going to start throttling users who use the most data while the towers were congested.

My question is has this started and if so has it helped alleviate some of the network stress? i haven't seen a topic about this before  other than the initial discussion which seems to have disappeared.

I was reading a month or two ago that sprint was going to start throttling users who use the most data while the towers were congested.

My question is has this started and if so has it helped alleviate some of the network stress? i haven't seen a topic about this before  other than the initial discussion which seems to have disappeared.

There have been no substantiated reports that anyone has even been throttled with the new protocols.  May not even being acted upon, yet.

• Like 4

There have been no substantiated reports that anyone has even been throttled with the new protocols. May not even being acted upon, yet.

Or it's done well enough that the users don't even notice (as it should be).
  • Like 1

Or it's done well enough that the users don't even notice (as it should be).

And some have said it would affect ping more than throughput speed.  And since it is only on sites already overloaded. how would anyone know?

• Like 4

I think the load balancing is only done on sites being slammed down to their knees. So like Robert said, you might have a tough time knowing you are throttled.

The point was on sites that were over loaded would slow people down who use alot of data. from reading on here there are quite a few places that have slowed down to sub 5Mbps during peak hours. so i was just wondering how well it worked to alleviate the problem. 

The point was on sites that were over loaded would slow people down who use alot of data. from reading on here there are quite a few places that have slowed down to sub 5Mbps during peak hours. so i was just wondering how well it worked to alleviate the problem. 

I'm guessing the throttling is taking place when it's down to sub 1mbps speeds. 

An overburdened site throttles itself, so it would be hard to tell if you're actually being throttled unless you had a separate line to cross reference your speeds with. Obviously both phones would have to be on the same site/band.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

I do have two lines and noticed that my lg g3 line on my new service line gets about close to 2.5 mbps while I will get, .500 kids same ping almost same, site different output. I average close to 20gb a month traveling for work lots of streaming. I check my usage history recently so it's hard to tell from that sample but something I did notice when I saw the LG G3 not on my wifi and zooming along just fine while my connection over lte was Slow! But my htc one max is also lagging due to age and older chips so still not a 1:1 comparison.

I do have two lines and noticed that my lg g3 line on my new service line gets about close to 2.5 mbps while I will get, .500 kids same ping almost same, site different output. I average close to 20gb a month traveling for work lots of streaming. I check my usage history recently so it's hard to tell from that sample but something I did notice when I saw the LG G3 not on my wifi and zooming along just fine while my connection over lte was Slow! But my htc one max is also lagging due to age and older chips so still not a 1:1 comparison.

You also need to check whether they are both on the same site and same sector and same channel. Any of those are different and you can have different speeds all without throttling.

• 2 weeks later...

You call that high usage?

Take a look at mine XA61pFuh.png

Its not a competition for highest data usage, just showing my result of not being throttled. And for most americans that is alot of usage just like yours haha. Im not sure if we want to know how/why you used so much.

Its not a competition for highest data usage, just showing my result of not being throttled. And for most americans that is alot of usage just like yours haha. Im not sure if we want to know how/why you used so much.

I don't tether or torrent. Actually I have only torrented twice and Sprint throttled my connection down to 600-700Kbps while torrenting and when I stopped it went back to 25Mbps. That was about a year ago though so I guess they have been throttling that for a while. But mainly I just watch a ton of video in 1080P. Like 40-50 hours of HD video a month. I have downloaded a Linux iso while in a bind because my computer couldn't connect to the internee (why I needed the iso) but that was only about 4GB

I don't tether or torrent. Actually I have only torrented twice and Sprint throttled my connection down to 600-700Kbps while torrenting and when I stopped it went back to 25Mbps. That was about a year ago though so I guess they have been throttling that for a while. But mainly I just watch a ton of video in 1080P. Like 40-50 hours of HD video a month. I have downloaded a Linux iso while in a bind because my computer couldn't connect to the internee (why I needed the iso) but that was only about 4GB

holy cow 40-50 hours a week on Mobile? Do you not have HSI?
  • Like 1

I do but most of that streaming comes from work where I don't have Wi-Fi

oh I understand that feeling. Target wifi sucks so im forced to 3g/fringe LTE. Target kills all LTE inside.

oh I understand that feeling. Target wifi sucks so im forced to 3g/fringe LTE. Target kills all LTE inside.

I work as a security guard at a gated community from 11-7 and all I have to do is open the gate when someone needs to come in which doesn't really happen on my shift so basically I get paid $15.25 an hour to watch Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube.
  • Like 5

I work as a security guard at a gated community from 11-7 and all I have to do is open the gate when someone needs to come in which doesn't really happen on my shift so basically I get paid $15.25 an hour to watch Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube.

Uh, too bad I moved away from the perfect area for that type of job. Palm beach gardens and its surrounding areas... North palm beach, Jupiter, Palm beach... Literally gated neighborhood central.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Uh, too bad I moved away from the perfect area for that type of job. Palm beach gardens and its surrounding areas... North palm beach, Jupiter, Palm beach... Literally gated neighborhood central.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Seriously the best job ever. I get enough money to live very comfortably and I basically do nothing. I wish Sprint had unlimited data on tablets because it would be much better but I'm alright with my GS5.