Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

I notice that the bug is still there that if you turn off WiFi (and therefore WiFi calling), signal bars show nothing, but it actually is connected to the network. If you turn off screen/on again, signal strength is shown.

Also the new notifications menu seems slower to me? :( EDIT: Seems to be much better after disabling the smart remote notification panel.

Liking SignalCheck Pro on the lock screen!

Install went smoothly albeit a bit long..using note 4 now; will come back later after I put some miles on this new car!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

How do I get a text to preview on the lock screen, without swiping down? I have preview message turned on inside of Messaging, as well as show all content inside of Sounds and Notifications. and it still only shows an envelope.

Is there anyway to not have signal check on the lock screen with 5.0 ?

Go to sounds & notifications, look for "while locked," make sure "show all content" is selected.

Sent from my Note 4.

Go to sounds & notifications, look for "while locked," make sure "show all content" is selected.

Sent from my Note 4.

I think this may have been directed at me with my text question.  This is how it is set.  Texts still show up only as a folder icon.

I think this may have been directed at me with my text question. This is how it is set. Texts still show up only as a folder icon.

Go into where each app has its settings and make sure the privacy setting isn't turned on for the sms app.

Edit: It's in the sounds and notification area too.

Sent from my Note 4.

I don't know if this has anything to do with a better radio since the update or not, but i had LTE (a signal of -109 IIRC on band 26) in my apartment yesterday. I usually get LTE in the parking lot but drop to 3G in the building. Again, I don't know if it's an updated radio or ongoing optimization of the network since they're still in the process of getting B26 live in my area.

My biggest concern with any OS update is battery life. I'm always worried it'll be decreased with an update (even with Google saying Lollipop extends battery life). With yesterday being an unusal usage day for me with the update taking a half hour to download on LTE and the screen staying on throughout the installation process, today's going to be the first time I'll get a real look at battery life on 5.0. Hopefully Google's claims of longer battery life are true, even though I'm already able to get through a full day without a problem on most days.

Everything on Lollipop has been pretty good. However, I am leaving a report of an anomaly. I was in a ~10 min call. Everything went well. Told the person bye. Looked at phone to hang it up, and there was the Sprint Spark splash screen. It was frozen and dimly lit. I had no control of the phone. I had to pull the battery.

My issue with texts not showing on the lock screen is actually an issue of only two main programs being able to show a lock screen notification.  Any other notifications go into a menu you have to slide out.  Any way of prioritizing what is shown?

I don't know if this has anything to do with a better radio since the update or not, but i had LTE (a signal of -109 IIRC on band 26) in my apartment yesterday. I usually get LTE in the parking lot but drop to 3G in the building. Again, I don't know if it's an updated radio or ongoing optimization of the network since they're still in the process of getting B26 live in my area.

My biggest concern with any OS update is battery life. I'm always worried it'll be decreased with an update (even with Google saying Lollipop extends battery life). With yesterday being an unusal usage day for me with the update taking a half hour to download on LTE and the screen staying on throughout the installation process, today's going to be the first time I'll get a real look at battery life on 5.0. Hopefully Google's claims of longer battery life are true, even though I'm already able to get through a full day without a problem on most days.

You may have to give it more time for the system to adapt to the new update.  Sometimes battery life will get better within days of the update.  A few battery discharge/charge cycles may be needed.  Also, consider clearing system cache partition.  This way any lingering app information from previous OS is deleted and the phone should run smoother.  This will not wipe your data.

Is there a way to edit LTE scan time on the Note 4?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes ##DATA#->edit->LTE->nextLTE

not sure what the settings mean I think you multiply that number by 5 to get the minutes. Battery drain may be a factor if you chage the settings.

Sometimes battery life will get better within days of the update. A few battery discharge/charge cycles may be needed.

I hope you are right. My first day after update had horrible battery, at least 30% less efficient. Given how much Google bragged about giving Android's battery attention by dropping Dalvik and Project Volta, I would expect much better battery out the gate and zero battery draining bugs.

I'm having Bluetooth and apps fc / permission issue with this lollipop update

My cars bt, when dialing from the phone our from the car, the audio is piped to the earpiece on the phone even if the bt button is highlighted. Have to click the bt button in the dialer app after a call us connected to get bt to work in the car. Repairing and safe mode made no difference. From googling seem many other suffer from this also

Also have a few app that fc upon boot

Lastly one of my voip app say it was denied permission to the microphone.... Sigh wish Google and sprint did better qa.....

I hope you are right. My first day after update had horrible battery, at least 30% less efficient. Given how much Google bragged about giving Android's battery attention by dropping Dalvik and Project Volta, I would expect much better battery out the gate and zero battery draining bugs.

I'm also experiencing horrible battery life. I have two note 4 and the battery is performing identically. I have cleared all cache, restarted several times and have drain/charge the battery 3 times. The other phone was factory reset last night and both are still performing the same. Its seems the phone keeps searching for better signal even though current signal is about 100.

Hangouts is working much smoother on Lollypop; can't tell yet on battery life or WiFi calling yet; i love smart lock