Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

The issue is not with the device. Plenty of current handset variants on VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile support VoLTE. The original FCC OET filings or Class II Permissive Change filings indicate so.

Sprint just has not made VoLTE a priority -- probably because VoLTE coverage is poor in comparison to CDMA1X coverage. And until Sprint makes VoLTE a priority, the device will be irrelevant. VoLTE support is a network issue. So, do not get hung up on whether X device will be VoLTE capable.

AJ

I'm fully aware of device capabilities. I have a T-Mobile Note 4 with VoLTE performing very well.

I asked about any new info on Sprint VoLTE and Note 5 (or any future phones). Girlfriend has a Note 2.

My brief Google search, showed nothing of substance.

Edit: GalaxyGuy adequately answered my question.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Edited by Houston_Texas

Is anyone else having rebooting problems with their Note 4 after the Lollipop update?  It reboots at random and gets stuck at the Sprint Spark boot screen and I have to pull the battery.  It seems to happen every few days when I'm not using the phone.

I've already tried a factory reset.

Is anyone else having rebooting problems with their Note 4 after the Lollipop update? It reboots at random and gets stuck at the Sprint Spark boot screen and I have to pull the battery. It seems to happen every few days when I'm not using the phone.

I got my note already with the lollipop update. On a rare occasion when i go to wake it up on charge the screen never comes on. After a bit it restarts, about the only issue i have encountered the past few weeks with it.

Is anyone else having rebooting problems with their Note 4 after the Lollipop update? It reboots at random and gets stuck at the Sprint Spark boot screen and I have to pull the battery. It seems to happen every few days when I'm not using the phone.

I have not had the reboot issue. I can't really think of any strange issues, except for needing to reboot it about once a day. After about 24 hours of running, it seems to get a little sluggish. I wouldn't consider it a huge issue though.

Sent from my Note 4.

Staff had to remove some posts in this thread because of a report.

This is a reminder to S4GRU's fine membership that discussion of unauthorized tethering/hotspot is prohibited.  That is called stealing.  If you want tethering/hotspot, pay for it.  Or jump on a new plan that includes it.  But using "unlimited" data for unauthorized tethering/hotspot both violates Sprint's Ts and Cs and negatively affects the network experience for fellow users.

AJ

• Like 1

Staff had to remove some posts in this thread because of a report.

This is a reminder to S4GRU's fine membership that discussion of unauthorized tethering/hotspot is prohibited. That is called stealing. If you want tethering/hotspot, pay for it. Or jump on a new plan that includes it. But using "unlimited" data for unauthorized tethering/hotspot both violates Sprint's Ts and Cs and negatively affects the network experience for fellow users.

AJ

I saw that this morning. I also saw he was a premier sponsor which surprised me. I figured all premier members would know that by now.

Sent from my Note 4.

I Alsco have reboot problems. A few times a week. It seems to be happening more frequently. I don't get stuck at the Spark screen.

I've been looking around on how to root my note 4 but haven't found a guide on 5.0 most are 4.4.

Sent from a Note 4

see post 557

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone having problems with GPS. My GPS stopped working completely it will not lock any satellite. I went back to NK2 performed a factory reset, upgraded to lollipop again, performed another factory reset and downloaded all my apps again. GPS still not working. Suggestion please...

Of anyone is using a mhl to hdmi adapter is there a way to change the quality? It looks fine up close but at 10 feet some of the text is a little blurry. I know my TV is only 720p but I've yet to find a setting to make the quality better.

Sent from a Note 4

According to Sprint support, this update (OE1) is for bug fixes and factory reset protection. From what I've read, this helps prevent someone from stealing your phone and factory resetting it so they can then use it.

Sent from my Note 4.

I know it wouldn't be a huge market, but if just one company would make cases that are designed to accommodate a wireless backplate, I would be happy.

I'm using a self-modified Spigen case but it would be nice to have a case designed for the increased thickness.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken someone did make a case that fit the wireless charging, it might have been the s5 but not 100% sure. I know a otterbox defender won't work.

Sent from a Note 4

If you ever find it again, and if it's for the Note 4, let me know. I love the wireless charging, but I also like to have a slim case too. It's just a little difficult to have the best of both when I haven't found a case that is truly designed for it.

Sent from my Note 4.