Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

Anyone having GPS issues?  Mine seemed good in October/November/December.  But after that I started having issues when navigating in google maps or waze where I get GPS Connection Lost while driving.  I can be in the middle of an open highway when it happens or on backcountry roads stopped at a stop sign.  Read about some similar issues on other forums where people pointed to issues with the earlier hardware revision.

I haven't seen a GPS issue, but I did get my phone only a few weeks ago. On another phone thread on this site there's a app that will show you it locking on and etc but I don't recall the name or the thread, it may be the LG g2 thread those had some bad GPS for a while of memory serves correctly.

Sent from a Note 4

Some googling turned up an Android site recommending this site for parts, and they do have the full screen assembly, which is what it sounds like you need:

They do have lots of parts, even just the glass, if the screen and digitizer were functional.

At the price of the screen, though, it may make sense to make a warranty swap, if you have it.

Good luck!!

Any information on if/when we will be able to have simultaneous voice & data capabilities again? I JUST upgraded to the Note 4 (long overdue from my S3) and imagine my frustration! Being a former employee and 15 year customer, I cannot believe this situation...help!

Any information on if/when we will be able to have simultaneous voice & data capabilities again? I JUST upgraded to the Note 4 (long overdue from my S3) and imagine my frustration! Being a former employee and 15 year customer, I cannot believe this situation...help!

On the note 4 never. I know it drives me nuts too! There are some work around like using Google voice. Search this thread it's been discussed here already.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The horse has been beaten long ago but it won't be until VoLTE comes along. You can also use the various other services to make calls over data, such as Facebook messenger and hangouts. That's the only way around it right now. Trust me, the vastly improved data experience over single band phones will be worth it.

Sent from my Note 4.

Has anyone tried the wireless charging back with the new Samsung wireless charger? I have that setup, just seeing if any others are having the same experience that I am.

The charger has a dim blue led light when it's charging. The led turns green with my wife's S6 once it's fully charged. On my Note 4, it just stays blue even after it's fully charged.

Sent from my Note 4.

The horse has been beaten long ago but it won't be until VoLTE comes along. You can also use the various other services to make calls over data, such as Facebook messenger and hangouts. That's the only way around it right now. Trust me, the vastly improved data experience over single band phones will be worth it.

Sent from my Note 4.

Any word on VoLTE for the Note 5?

Sent from my SM-N910T

Sent from my SM-N910T

It probably depends if Sprint is ready for it by then. Sprint has not been very vocal about their plans. If and when it does become available, I hope it's something in the settings that can be toggled on or off. 1x800 is just so good that I'm sure in some places it would be better (in terms of coverage area) than VoLTE.

Sent from my Note 4.

It probably depends if Sprint is ready for it by then. Sprint has not been very vocal about their plans. If and when it does become available, I hope it's something in the settings that can be toggled on or off. 1x800 is just so good that I'm sure in some places it would be better (in terms of coverage area) than VoLTE.

Sent from my Note 4.

Yea did a quick Google search... nothing.

Native simultaneous v&d is a must have for work.

Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-N910T

You could get a cheap wifi hotspot to use when you're on calls. You could also integrate Google voice with your sprint number and make and receive calls from Hangouts. The latter is a free option and it works fairly well. It would be worth a try if it's absolutely needed.

Sent from my Note 4.

Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-N910T

As others have said, if it's a must integrate google voice and use hangouts for your calls.

Asking about the Note 5

The issue is not with the device.  Plenty of current handset variants on VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile support VoLTE.  The original FCC OET filings or Class II Permissive Change filings indicate so.

Sprint just has not made VoLTE a priority -- probably because VoLTE coverage is poor in comparison to CDMA1X coverage.  And until Sprint makes VoLTE a priority, the device will be irrelevant.  VoLTE support is a network issue.  So, do not get hung up on whether X device will be VoLTE capable.

AJ

Asking about the Note 5

Sent from my SM-N910T

Integrating Google voice and using hangouts for your calls will get you the simultaneous voice and data you are after on any device. Just be prepared for a few more dropped calls.