Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

I really want lollipop, coming from a Nexus 5 this Note 4 is a bit on the slow side. [emoji14]

Really I thought my note2 was faster than the nexus 5? This note 4 is even faster? [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Can someone explain what these RDFs are? I have never been able to view them.

The RDF file extension is also associated with the Research Document information Format and the Resource Description Framework file format (related to XML and metadata) you can Google it if you want more detail. But this is it in a nutshell.

RDFs are, essentially, a description of what the final product will look like.  Each time a new build is created for testing they create a new RDF.  If you look through the various RDF versions you'll likely notice little to no difference between them - so they really don't give you much info about what changes are made - just what the final product will look like.   What the new RDFs DO do is let us know that Sprint and/or Samsung are actively updating/testing builds which, hopefully, means we'll get an update sooner than later.

Internet Explorer is the best way to view the RDFs.  It has the ability to decode the RDF and display it in a table for easier viewing.

Hope that helps!

• Like 2

Interestingly, while looking through the RDFs, I noticed that the JVMVersion is listed as Dalvik and not ART.  Not really sure what to make of this as I thought 5.x was fully implementing ART?

Interestingly, while looking through the RDFs, I noticed that the JVMVersion is listed as Dalvik and not ART.  Not really sure what to make of this as I thought 5.x was fully implementing ART?

Posted specifications are never in error.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Posted specifications are never in error.

;)

AJ

lol, very true.  Though, I asked about it on XDA and their explanation was that it shipped with Dalvik as default to cut down on app issues and end user confusion.  I guess you just switch the runtime later if you wish. 

Then again, who knows =p

Sure it does lol. I respect your opinion, but disagree.

You couldn't even say the Nexus 6 destroys the Note 4.  Nexus 6 vs Note 4 is open for debate but...

And actually as it stands right now until the texting issues etc are solved on the Nexus 6 I'm glad I have the N 4 :)

• Like 1

You couldn't even say the Nexus 6 destroys the Note 4. Nexus 6 vs Note 4 is open for debate but...

And actually as it stands right now until the texting issues etc are solved on the Nexus 6 I'm glad I have the N 4 :)

The Note 4 is laggy with touchwiz its not nearly as fast and smooth as my Nexus 5 was. Pure performance is better on the Note 4 obviously but user experience is faster and smoother on the Nexus 5. Should have clarified. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N910P

The Note 4 is laggy with touchwiz its not nearly as fast and smooth as my Nexus 5 was. Pure performance is better on the Note 4 obviously but user experience is faster and smoother on the Nexus 5. Should have clarified. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N910P

Only because of stock Android which is boring. I got rid of my Nexus 5 because of the size and the lack of external memory. My user experience between the two was the same. In the end, the Note 4 is better with its functionality and usability.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk!

Only because of stock Android which is boring. I got rid of my Nexus 5 because of the size and the lack of external memory. My user experience between the two was the same. In the end, the Note 4 is better with its functionality and usability.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk!

I don't mind stock Android, really wish Samsung would get rid of touchwiz or at least bring it as close to stock performance wise.

I TouchWiz only when I get a bit careless in the bathroom.  But then I just wash my hands.

AJ

• Like 7

There is other launchers IE nova prime etc, or you can root and do a custom rom. It could be worse, like iOS worse ;)

Sorry it's been awhile since I have actually touched a different launcher, being on my Nexus 5 or Note 4. If I switch to say Nova which I used to use on my S3 will the performance improve? :wacko: /stupidmoment

Well I forgot the Google Now launcher was available, just installed it and wow what a difference. :D

Edited by BlueAngel

Sorry it's been awhile since I have actually touched a different launcher, being on my Nexus 5 or Note 4. If I switch to say Nova which I used to use on my S3 will the performance improve? :wacko: /stupidmoment

Some say yes some say no. I think it's more mental than anything. I'm running a custom rom so I couldn't tell you from personal experience. I can say I had a n5 and hated it. I wasn't impressed at all.