Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

If you ever find it again, and if it's for the Note 4, let me know. I love the wireless charging, but I also like to have a slim case too. It's just a little difficult to have the best of both when I haven't found a case that is truly designed for it.

Sent from my Note 4.

Same here!

Has anyone had a pop up at the bottom of the screen saying "Sim refreshing"? It said that then had no signal for probably 10 minutes at least. Is that normal or no?

Sent from a Note 4

It happened to me for the 1st time yesterday. Then the phone said no sim card I restarted it and it sims like everything is back to normal. 

Still 5.01

View the link in Internet Explorer for it to show up properly.

I'll try it later when I get home. Thanks.

Sent from my Note 4.

They might of never changed it which is common from reading.

Any one having gps lock problem with the latest update? I know it did not change anything as far as the radio goes. But i am definitely having more gps lock issue than before.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Any one having gps lock problem with the latest update? I know it did not change anything as far as the radio goes. But i am definitely having more gps lock issue than before.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I know a number of people have complained about it on XDA.  Someone said it helped to set location info to GPS only. (Location > Mode > GPS Only)

No issues here.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Same. I haven't experienced GPS issues on any of the different versions of software. It locks within about 3 seconds of me turning it on. I usually leave it on power saving mode and just turn it on as needed.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

Anybody know how to fix my error? I hit the wrong combination of buttons and ended up in a screen that I don't know how to get out of.

At the top left of the screen, it says Odin mode (high speed) and I see a large android guy in the middle. It says downloading... Do not turn off target.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think it's downloading anything but I'm afraid to try to turn it off without somebody telling me if there's a specific way to do it without bricking my phone.

I was trying to get into the stock recovery to clear the system cache. I must have hit volume down instead of up. My phone got so sluggish but it seems better now that I deleted the system cache again.

It was taking me about 15 seconds to be able to answer a phone call. It would ring but nothing would come on the screen for what seemed like forever to be able to answer the call. If this doesn't fix it in the long run, I may need to do a wipe and start over again.

Sent from my Note 4.

Anyone else had LTE problems with the phone?  Mine seems to drop LTE after a while and won't reconnect until I reboot.  Have tried searching for answers and only one seems to be a SIM replacement.  Anyone else have experience with this?

It's been dropping for me pretty frequently too but I think it's the network doing it's thing. However I've been getting no sim card several times a day lately. Called Sprint last night told them about it and they wanted to charge me $40 for a new one. My reply was "the phone is 6 month old and you are going to charge for a new one" then she tried to get me to upgrade phones. I was dumbfounded and replied I would like to be transferred to the disconnection Dept to cancel all 9 lines please. Sir wait please "OK" I credited your account $40 for the cost of a new sim card.

• Like 1

It's been dropping for me pretty frequently too but I think it's the network doing it's thing. However I've been getting no sim card several times a day lately. Called Sprint last night told them about it and they wanted to charge me $40 for a new one. My reply was "the phone is 6 month old and you are going to charge for a new one" then she tried to get me to upgrade phones. I was dumbfounded and replied I would like to be transferred to the disconnection Dept to cancel all 9 lines please. Sir wait please "OK" I credited your account $40 for the cost of a new sim card.

Oh wow! That is a rip off right there.  Sprint will give you those suckers for free if you contact the international customer service department.  I was reading that a new sim card might fix the LTE problem so I did a chat with international support and got a SIM ordered in about 5 minutes.  The only charge would've been for overnight shipping.  I stayed with regular shipping so it didn't cost me a thing.  The new sim should arrive today, which is basically 2 day shipping.  

FYI, it's not just the dropping LTE, it's that once dropped the phone won't connect back to LTE.  Even if I'm in the same place.  It won't reconnect to LTE until I restart the phone.  

Update: Here is the link to International Chat.  Use this if you ever have need to order a SIM card.  If they ever ask for a reason why you need a sim I'd just tell them that you purchased a used Sprint phone that didn't come with one. 

http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

• Like 3