iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I used Apple Pay for the first time tonight at a gas station. It was by far the easiest thing ever. Not a single hiccup. It's nice that it's always ready, and you don't have to fumble around with an app, or an NFC toggle.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I had an interesting experience with my iP6 yesterday, while driving up to the city my phone decided to just lose signal all together and then connect to only 3G! All the while the iPhone 5 sitting right next to it stayed latched onto strong B25. I didn't get LTE back until I cycled airplane mode.

Has anyone confirmed yet if the iP6 utilizes eCSFB? Cuz this experience I had sure sounds like what people's experiences are when eCSFB fails.

I used Apple Pay for the first time tonight at a gas station. It was by far the easiest thing ever. Not a single hiccup. It's nice that it's always ready, and you don't have to fumble around with an app, or an NFC toggle.

Sent from my iPhone 6

And to think that a group of retailers are disabling NFC checkout because they lose control of customer data.

http://daringfireball.net/2014/10/nfc_apple_pay

And to think that a group of retailers are disabling NFC checkout because they lose control of customer data.

That won't last for long. They'll change their minds, or lose business lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

That won't last for long. They'll change their minds, or loose business lol

I'm fine going to Walgreens instead of CVS. My mind is already made up - I'm equidistant between the two.

That's complete garbage. Good thing my first time in a CVS will be my last. I've always been a Walgreens guy, and this move just reaffirms it.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 2

I should note that Target and Walmart are also part of this competing standards group. It has nothing to do with data, it has everything to do with trying to avoid paying merchant fees to the credit card companies.

Which actually hurts the consumer a lot- a good chunk of those fees goes towards fraud protection, which you lose completely with this QR code system. Once people start to realize that, it'll die pretty quickly.

Which actually hurts the consumer a lot- a good chunk of those fees goes towards fraud protection, which you lose completely with this QR code system. Once people start to realize that, it'll die pretty quickly.

I doubt that. The competing system actually does direct withdrawals from your bank account. No qr codes. What you'll eliminate is a system like in California where you pay extra for transactions with a credit card.

I would never use this. What happens when their cloud system gets breached? It's annoying to have credit/debit cards reissued, but would be terrible to need to close and open new bank accounts.

• Like 2

I would never use this. What happens when their cloud system gets breached? It's annoying to have credit/debit cards reissued, but would be terrible to need to close and open new bank accounts.

The app has been demoted to 1 star on the App Store. The funniest part is the obvious attempts to sway the reviewers to thinking its a good idea. It's clearly not. This app has failed before it was even released. Perhaps they should consider changing things up.

This is the way Target's Red Card works. I used it to buy a tv for the extra 5 percent off but stopped using it because it took too long for purchases to come out of my account. If I went shopping on Friday afternoon the money wouldn't be taken out of my account till Tuesday.

I like that with Apple pay the money comes out immediately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm already on my 4th Bank of America debit card this year due to breaches at various retailers, with one of them being Target - a CurrenC partner in the MCX.

Good luck with that, guys.

• Like 2

These other alliances really get on my nerves. The thought that they are betting that they can beat Apple or Google at this game is sad.

They can't beat Apple and Google. People will hate it. The others will all fail.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

FYI on another forum some Sprint customers who ordered on 9-19 are getting emails that Sprint has not received expected shipments and they hope to get your 6+ out in 1-4 more weeks. I don't know if this means I could be waiting 10 weeks now or still just 6, I ordered 10-13

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FYI on another forum some Sprint customers who ordered on 9-19 are getting emails that Sprint has not received expected shipments and they hope to get your 6+ out in 1-4 more weeks. I don't know if this means I could be waiting 10 weeks now or still just 6, I ordered 10-13

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am getting into my fourth week since I ordered my 128/g space gray. I have not gotten that email. i hope it is not a sign of things to come.

Maybe you guy's can help me.

My roommate is on Verizon with an s5. He loves it. Loves the s5 not the cost of Verizon.

Anyways he is looking to transfer too Sprint for the iPhone 6 and the fifty bucks a month plan.

The only other reason why he is ditching the s5 for iPhone is he had a Mac, Apple tv and something else that is easier for him with Apple.

So can you guy's give me some good selling points got him coming over to Sprint and getting iPhone 6 over his current situation please.

My roommate is on Verizon with an s5. He loves it. Loves the s5 not the cost of Verizon.

Anyways he is looking to transfer too Sprint for the iPhone 6 and the fifty bucks a month plan.

The only other reason why he is ditching the s5 for iPhone is he had a Mac, Apple tv and something else that is easier for him with Apple.

So can you guy's give me some good selling points got him coming over to Sprint and getting iPhone 6 over his current situation please.

Price and you need to know the service area compared to Verizon

I don't understand the question. First of course check the coverage and make sure he is going to have decent service. Obviously it won't be Verizon like service because that's hard to do right now, if ever.

iPhone, Mac, Apple TV and iPad literally interact with each other in the easiest way possible. With handoff (if he has a 2012 or earlier Mac product) he will have continuity between all his devices. Apple TV interacts with the iPhone through wifi and can act as a remote. Honestly, just tell him to watch the Yosemite video and iOS 8 video lol.

Plus, spark. Lower bill. And gorgeous iPhone 6