iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Looking for a good, inexpensive slim case? I love my Ringke Skim. I've used these on my 5 & 5S, and just got one for my 6 to replace my bulky Spigen "Slim" case.

Can't beat $10, either!

iPhone 6 Case - Ringke SLIM iPhone 6 Case 4.7 " [Free HD Film/All A... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N169D3U/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_LqNqub02R7V8Q

That's too much case :) . I just ordered this one two days ago and I love it. I prefer no case, but this one will at least let me set it on things without scratching the aluminum.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MQ2B2KC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3FSIWTA4211F2

Just had my phone replaced for the facetime camera being off slightly. The rep said it was the gasket that was off but either way. New phone for me!

Did the same yesterday [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 1

Did the same yesterday [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji4]

thought it didn't bug you that much?!

So happy to be an Apple customer. I highly doubt Samsung or any other company would be so lenient with a replacement.

That's too much case :) . I just ordered this one two days ago and I love it. I prefer no case, but this one will at least let me set it on things without scratching the aluminum.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MQ2B2KC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3FSIWTA4211F2

I just ordered this one, I will let you know how it works out in a month when the phone is here. Its the cheapest dual layer case with port plug/covers I could find. 

Ringke MAX:

http://www.rearthusa.com/iPhone-Case-Ringke-MAX-Cases/dp/B00NT7PUTM?class=quickView&field_availability=-1&field_browse=9637949011&id=iPhone+Case+Ringke+MAX+Cases&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=brandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchNodeID=9637949011&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

I order the 0.2mm matte cases from China on eBay. It take a couple weeks for delivery, but they're only $1 to $2! Hard to get thinner and cheaper than those, and they fit perfectly (at least the one I ordered did).

Found the one I ordered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-2mm-Thin-Clear-Matte-Soft-Hard-Back-Case-Cover-Skin-For-iPhone-6-Plus-5s-5th-/281451602354?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item4187d2a1b2

thought it didn't bug you that much?!

So happy to be an Apple customer. I highly doubt Samsung or any other company would be so lenient with a replacement.

And even if they were as lenient, I'm guessing you'd have to mail the phone into them for warranty replacement. One of the perks of owning Apple gear is that you can just walk into an Apple store whenever a problem crops up -- even if you bought it somewhere else.

• Like 1

I intentionally went into a building and found a place to loose all 1900mhz services. I'm currently in Gatlinburg, TN, which has B26 and 1x800mhz on a few towers that I've come across. So I knew it was available. I had to go really deep into a totally concrete building to get it to happen.

B26 carries really well in comparison to B25 in these parts as does 1x800 compared to 1x1900 RTT.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

I got 1x800 inside meijer grocery store... I made call also.. Perfect clarity

post-21942-0-00800000-1413723493_thumb.jpg

Also everyone. I had the displeasure of seeing a friend in agony as he picked up his phone with his rather slim style phone case yesterday, to see spider web cracks across the entire screen! Be careful my iPhone friends.... I think his was a freak accident in which the case didn't do any good because of a not flat ground surface. Damn you Disney! It's supposed to be magical!

Last time my polarized ray bans were crushed. I was devastated. The Florida sun is no place for no sunglasses

• Like 1

Question for iPhone 6+ users. Has anyone tried to install iPad only apps, as in not iPhone compatible, onto their 6+? I have a theory based on Apple's lack of iPad mini upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Bumping this question again to see if anyone has tried to install iPad apps on the iPhone 6+.

Will the App Store even let you do that? Or the iPhone for that matter

I don't know. I won't be picking my phone up until sometime this week, or at the latest, next week.

Bumping this question again to see if anyone has tried to install iPad apps on the iPhone 6+.

on my jail broken 5s I can use iPad only apps on it. So I assume if you jail broke when it is available you could do so. Also there is a thing called ipawind it's a code signing utility on the fly you can download apps of any kind iPad or iPhone and install them through the app.

on my jail broken 5s I can use iPad only apps on it. So I assume if you jail broke when it is available you could do so. Also there is a thing called ipawind it's a code signing utility on the fly you can download apps of any kind iPad or iPhone and install them through the app.

I'm not interested in bypassing iOS security measures in the least bit, and definitely not looking to spend $15. I'm only trying to figure out if it's feasible to keep or sell my iPad.

I'm not interested in bypassing iOS security measures in the least bit, and definitely not looking to spend $15. I'm only trying to figure out if it's feasible to keep or sell my iPad.

I would keep if you have apps iPad only you need but if not a 6+ is to perfect to keep both
  • Like 1

So since I am new to iPhones...  Think we will get a new modem firmware with 8.1 tomorrow?

And do Apple devices tend to get any better in terms of RF performance with upgrades?  My old G2 and N5 sort of went backwards over time so I was just wondering what to expect.

• Like 1

So since I am new to iPhones...  Think we will get a new modem firmware with 8.1 tomorrow?

And do Apple devices tend to get any better in terms of RF performance with upgrades?  My old G2 and N5 sort of went backwards over time so I was just wondering what to expect.

Excellent question. I personally have never noticed any improvement in RF from an iOS update, but perhaps there will be a carrier update along with this update to allow the transition between PCS and 1x800, to be ...smoother. We never know. 

So since I am new to iPhones... Think we will get a new modem firmware with 8.1 tomorrow?

And do Apple devices tend to get any better in terms of RF performance with upgrades? My old G2 and N5 sort of went backwards over time so I was just wondering what to expect.

I have never seen RF performance degrade, but have seen connections stabilize with each new firmware. 90% of iOS updates come with firmware updates, so I fully expect it to happen, especially with 8.1.

Edit: iOS 8.1 betas have had new baseband firmware revisions. 1.02.02 in Beta 1 and 1.04.00 in beta 2.

For an excellent reference to iOS baseband firmware revisions in conjunction with iOS releases, check this site out: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Firmware

For the Beta releases, see here: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Beta_Firmware#iPhone_6

Is the hesitancy of the phone to use 1x800 dictated by a PRL, or baseband? I've always been under the assumption that Sprint could push a better PRL out and it would alleviate this issue.

I think it's a combination of PRL, baseband, and carrier files, but I'm not certain.

iPad-only apps don't work on the 6+; you can't even download them.

What is cool, though, is that 6/6+ optimized apps that aren't restricted to being iPhone-only will work on the iPad fully scaled and not just zoomed in, as they previously were. I imagine that in the future more developers will make their apps auto-scaling instead of developing iPhone-specific and iPad-specific apps -- kind of like how things work on Android.

• Like 1

I imagine that in the future more developers will make their apps auto-scaling instead of developing iPhone-specific and iPad-specific apps -- kind of like how things work on Android.

Apple has already been pushing this for some time now.