iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I don't know whats taking Otterbox so long.. but why in the h*ll are we waiting so long for a case that should've been out 3 weeks ago? .. I'm sure they get specs in advance.. I mean many cases were out on day 1.. I got my Wife iP6+ case at bestbuy on day 3..

Ive got a cheapo on my iP6+ now protecting it some.. but I need ottterbox defender

Same with lifeproof. It's kind of stupid that these two don't have a case out yet.

• Like 1

lifeproof is now owned by Otterbox. There's your answer.

That only leads to more questions...

Maybe they own some of be smaller companies that make "cheap" iPhone 6 cases..

They let the desperate buy those and make profit there ... Then many weeks later they bring out their case and rake in more cash...

Yeah sounds like bs.. But the other reason can only be failure to bring product to market on time - which is a cash loss

That only leads to more questions...

Maybe they own some of be smaller companies that make "cheap" iPhone 6 cases..

They let the desperate buy those and make profit there ... Then many weeks later they bring out their case and rake in more cash...

Yeah sounds like bs.. But the other reason can only be failure to bring product to market on time - which is a cash loss

I don't think Otterbox makes any cheap cases under "off-brand" names secretly. I think that Apple didn't send them the specifications ahead of time like they have done in times past.

I got the otter box defender case for my iphone6 it's in my pocket everyday. Anyway I love the signal quality. Where in my room my iPhone 5 would vouch between band 25 and 3G now with the ip6 I never leaver band 25 but I learned there is live band 26 somewhere floating in my area too. Great phone by Apple !!!

• Like 2

While searching apps on my iP6+ I found that iOS8 users have more keyboard options..

"Popkey" let's you send animated gifs in text or to post ...from a list of categories or your camera roll...

"Fleksy" let's you change color of keyboard plus change the size of the keyboard from small medium to large and has a quick (swipe backwards) delete function

Also found a great Journal program called "Day One"...It lets you record a journal while auto keeping track of your weather and location and even motion... You can insert pics and it has a timeline feature to help navigate

Looks like China alone will likely break the record 10 million iPhones sold on opening weekend just 4 weeks ago..

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/iphone-6-pre-orders-top-10m-in-china

The iPhone 6 will touch down in China this week, and pre-orders have gone through the roof.

Since they went live on Friday morning, more than 10 million orders have been placed...

These figures don't even include orders placed through the official online China Apple Store, so expect the actual number of sales to be much higher.

I edited the post and cut out some of the quote to ensure I wasn't reposting the entire article ..hopefully this is ok now since it's not subscribed website and has the link first. Thanks..

Edited by rf40928
To meet quoting guidelines found here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/site-guidelines-rules/guidelines-about-posting-articles-from-outside-websites-r26
  • Like 1

I do wish that Otterbox would step up but with the updates that Spigen had to do, I am kind of happy that they waited to get it right the first time.  It is quite a large investment for tooling to make these.  Probably 200k per injection mold tool.  They will need several each for front and back parts.

• Like 2

I just purchased a refurbished a 32GB WiFi iPad Air from Apple for my wife for our anniversary.  Same?

Yup, that'll do it! It should take around 2 hours to charge it completely. Much better than the 3 hours 30 mins. My phone can charge from 5% to 90% in only 90 minutes on the iPad charger.

Battery life from the weekend but I wish it charged faster. Took over three and a half hours to get a full charge.

iPad charger. $19 bucks. Get one!

Yes unfortunately Apple didn't include the 2.1amp charger ( it comes with the 1amp block) - supposedly due to packaging- although it's well known the iP6 and iP6+ are the first iPhones to officially support fast charging. I've noticed there are also many good 2nd party brands with fast charger available - both for home and auto..

Yup, that'll do it! It should take around 2 hours to charge it completely. Much better than the 3 hours 30 mins. My phone can charge from 5% to 90% in only 90 minutes on the iPad charger.

Ah, I see.  I have one of these in my work bag.  I usually keep it there since the prongs can fold into itself and have no chance of bending or breaking.

Looks like China alone will likely break the record 10 million iPhones sold on opening weekend just 4 weeks ago..

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/iphone-6-pre-orders-top-10m-in-china

I edited the post and cut out some of the quote to ensure I wasn't reposting the entire article ..hopefully this is ok now since it's not subscribed website and has the link first. Thanks..

Yes it is fine

On a side note, I'm glad that China doesn't surprise in the pre order area.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My phone will just not connect to wifi....I am restoring the phone now and going to update it again back to 8.0.2....This is absurd. That and I keep having the issue where I can not rotate pictures or apps or whatever.

You may have a bad copy. I would maybe take it back to Apple and see what they think.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

• Like 1

You may have a bad copy. I would maybe take it back to Apple and see what they think.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

If it wasn't all the way on the other side of the city I would. So far wifi is not disconnecting randomly...Haven't tested out the rotation yet.