Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I prefer to buy my devices in store. When I bought my LG Viper back in 2012 from Amazon Wireless, somehow they screwed something up and the activation was botched. It took a few hours and got resolved by Sprint Tech Support over the phone. All my other phones were bought in store, and Phone Connect & my iPad were the only other Sprint devices I bought online.

Of course, on the flip side, we helped my friends brother upgrade his iPhone 4S to a 6 Plus at the end of November in store, and we are still suffering from that, so I can partially see where you are coming from.

The last six phones that I have bought with the exception of my step sons iPhone were bought at Best Buy. I was cured of buying directly from Sprint after an atrocious buying experience.

I typically do everything over the phone unless it's not possible for me fix what I have a problem with over the phone. The last few times that I purchased a phone from Sprint, I did it in store. The exception was my M8 which was purchased online.

The value of stores in my opinion is in store repairs and replacements. In the case of my phone getting water damaged or anything like that, the ability to go to the Sprint store and get an instant replacement is something that just can't be accomplished with the internet. Same with if something inside my phone is potentially messed up. I don't have the tools necessary to open up my phone and fix it myself. Going to the Sprint store where they'll just do it for me is much easier.

Also testing out phones in Sprint stores is quite an advantage to going on the internet. You really don't know how a phone looks and feels until you go to the store and play around with it.

Overall, I think having more locations in more places would do more good than harm for Sprint.

• Like 1

Sprint hits Tmobile where it hurts! Public support of Title II!!

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Sprint-Surprises-Everybody-Supports-Title-II-Neutrality-Rules-132323

People are gonna start leaving tmobile because if its stance on Net neutrality? Don't think so

People are gonna start leaving tmobile because if its stance on Net neutrality? Don't think so

Did I say that? Stop putting words in my mouth.

Sprint's support of Title II shows their willingness to be consumer friendly and continue network investment.

• Like 8

Lets put it this way, whether it was done purposefully or not it can be considered part of a Public relations strategy which also points to a weakness in T-Mobiles public relations strategy. Will it by itself cause people to leave T-mo? Probably not. But Sprint needs to continue to craft a positive Public Relations image and this is a nice piece of that puzzle.

• Like 3

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but when they introduced the family share pack discounts no longer worked on the data portion, correct????

if so it looks like they changed that. I just got an email about the family share pack that said i could get the 20 gig one for $82/mo after my 18% discount.....

family_share_pack.JPG

• Like 1

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but when they introduced the family share pack discounts no longer worked on the data portion, correct????

if so it looks like they changed that. I just got an email about the family share pack that said i could get the 20 gig one for $82/mo after my 18% discount.....

attachicon.gif family_share_pack.JPG

I get a discount through staples 22% so my 20 gig only costs me 78 dollars plus access charges instead of $100

Title II doesn't really change much for Sprint, since they don't have a last-mile residential wireline ISP, and already is very open with resellers (MVNO's).

They do have fiber around the country for commercial use, but they already allow people to buy/lease capacity on it, so that's likely not effected much by any potential Title II reclassification.

I'm glad Sprint supports Title II (it's clearly the right thing to do). But Sprint can do this knowing they don't have much to lose here (unlike say, Comcast / AT&T / Verizon / others, who all hold monopolies on last-mile lines that could be loosened by Title II).

• Like 3

Sprint hits Tmobile where it hurts! Public support of Title II!!

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Sprint-Surprises-Everybody-Supports-Title-II-Neutrality-Rules-132323

Time for Sprint to get some good karma for a change. Hope this is the beginning of a more consumer friendly Sprint.

• Like 7

Right, Sprint is supporting Title II primarily because it adds costs for AT&T and Verizon to do business, which improves Sprint's competitive position vis à vis the duopoly; no more, no less. If Sprint still had Embarq on board and had established their own a FIOS or Uverse-like service, or hadn't abandoned Xohm and were still in bed with Big Cable on that rollout, I doubt they'd be taking the same position.

Besides which, Title II lets them get in the game as an over-the-top provider on those networks. Imagine a "TV anywhere" bundle of Sprint Wireless + IPTV, delivered over a dumb Comcast pipe when at home or over Spark when you're out and about, for example.

• Like 4

Did I say that? Stop putting words in my mouth.

Sprint's support of Title II shows their willingness to be consumer friendly and continue network investment.

Read the fiercewireless article. Sprint's support basically means "don't change anything from how it is now"

They still wanna control the devices allowed on the network because blah blah blah.

Time for Sprint to get some good karma for a change. Hope this is the beginning of a more consumer friendly Sprint.

Like allowing you to bring your own phone without getting white listed?

Check the fierce article to see they're basically saying "let us continue doing what we want to do"

Check the fierce article to see they're basically saying "let us continue doing what we want to do"

Who are you on there?

• Like 6

attachicon.giffamily_share_pack.JPG

My discount is 23% on mine and has been since day 1 on my family share plan at 20gb.

My discount has been on since I signed up in Dec 14.

• Like 1

Wireless providers are also regulated until Title II, though with many parts of it excluded(and that it only apply to the 'phone' component). The FCC's 'Open Internet' policy included some rules that covered wireless as well(such as banning carriers from blocking VoIP). I'm interested in seeing if provisions such as these will be included in the FCC's regulatory policy when they are expected to announce reclassification next month.

Open Internet didn't seem to prevent things like T-Mobile's "Music Freedom" from happening, though if that will still be the case will the case in the future, I'm not so confident.

Sprint's support for the measure would hopefully make the public more aware of the importance of the topic.

What phones support Sprint bands fully that aren't whitelisted? Damn, I wish all the Android phones would have to support 1/2/4/5/12/13/17/25/26/41 with pentaband UMTS/HSPA+ quadband GSM and BC 0/1/10/14.

You and I both know that's industrial class regulation the FCC hasn't yet been willing to tackle.

• Like 3

Damn, I wish all the Android phones would have to support 1/2/4/5/12/13/17/25/26/41 with pentaband UMTS/HSPA+ quadband GSM and BC 0/1/10/14.

You and I both know that's industrial class regulation the FCC hasn't yet been willing to tackle.

I mentioned this somewhere else here recently, as it's probably why they won't domestically unlock until required. Likewise, this is probably why they don't currently whitelist. No other carriers' phones support Sprint bands even though newer Sprint phones support everyone else's bands.

Edit: Found it. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6531-what-is-verizon-doing-with-800mhz-fcc-website/?p=395795

I mentioned this somewhere else here recently, as it's probably why they won't domestically unlock until required. Likewise, this is probably why they don't currently whitelist. No other carriers' phones support Sprint bands even though newer Sprint phones support everyone else's bands.

Edit: Found it. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6531-what-is-verizon-doing-with-800mhz-fcc-website/?p=395795

If there's anyone here that wishes the Sprint platform was more standard, it would be me. It just wasn't/isn't possible until the VoLTE era. I'd rather see Sprint skate to where the puck is going over where it is now.

• Like 5

PS, S. Ali, if you're reading this (and I know you are), you have no clue on why Title II is needed. None whatsoever. It isn't about locked devices any more than it is about the man on the moon.

• Like 1