S4GRU temporarily not accessible from some ISP's

S4GRU

Based on some reports from members not being able to access S4GRU from Comcast and some other ISP's, I opened up a ticket with IPBoard.  See IPBoard's response below:

...This is a wide spread issue with some major ISP's and not related to our services locally, the providers are aware of the issue and are working to correct it.

So, it sounds like a major internet outage issue is occurring somewhere.  It is not affecting all ISP's.  You may want to try using S4GRU thorough your mobile wireless device in the interim.  Hopefully it will be rectified soon.

Robert

• Like 2

But if they can't access S4GRU, how are they going to see the post? [emoji1]

I did see chatter on the outages mailing list about a widespread outage. No details unfortunately.

The same way it was reported to me.  By using another ISP, especially their wireless provider.

Robert

Widespread outage:

Comcast http://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map

AT&T http://downdetector.com/status/att/map/

Even Level 3 is majorly impacted in some areas:  http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/

Here's an explanation to the outages:

There is currently a very wide spread issue affecting several major ISPs. The global routing table for IPv4 went over 512k routes this morning which was the default on many routers causing memory issues.

IPv6 can't come soon enough.

• Like 3

The internet is down??!! :frantic:

IT IS THE APOCALYPSE!!!

Skynet has become self aware 17 years late.  Cyber attacks on the Internet are now more effective against the human race than are terminator attacks.

Now, for a little bit of fun during this outage, I will contribute to S4GRU a $10 donation in the name of the first member to write why my facetious post is still particularly relevant.

AJ

• Like 4

The Leftover Magentians have started their attack. Run for your lives.

Skynet has become self aware 17 years late.  Cyber attacks on the Internet are now more effective against the human race than are terminator attacks.

Actually I think its Colossus and Guardian becoming one, which supersede Skynet by quite a few years.

Something similar happened to another forum I go to that uses IP board. Weird!

It was a lot of sites around the country. Not just IPBoard sites. I blame the melancholy ferret people.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Now, for a little bit of fun during this outage, I will contribute to S4GRU a $10 donation in the name of the first member to write why my facetious post is still particularly relevant.

AJ

So you are saying that John Legere's real name is Serena Kogan and that M. Claure is actually John Conner, and that today, August 12, is the real start of the apocalypse, even though it's now 2014 and not 1997, and that by 2018 we are all going to be nuclear toast (and our B41 cannot save us because it will be installed too late -- okay I added that one).  Yet you don't account for the fact that August 12, 1997 was itself already nearly 22 years too late (ref: December 1, 1975). :wacko:

So you are saying that John Legere's real name is Serena Kogan and that M. Claure is actually John Conner, and that today, August 12, is the real start of the apocalypse, even though it's now 2014 and not 1997, and that by 2018 we are all going to be nuclear toast (and our B41 cannot save us because it will be installed too late -- okay I added that one).  Yet you don't account for the fact that August 12, 1997 was itself already nearly 22 years too late (ref: December 1, 1975). :wacko:

So, do you want the $10 or not?

AJ

• Like 2

So, do you want the $10 or not?

AJ

I would like to match it and ask Robert to apply it to someone who could benefit from a status uplift.

(BTW, for my obscure reference, Google "Dial F for Frankenstein".)

• Like 3

I would like to match it and ask Robert to apply it to someone who could benefit from a status uplift.

(BTW, for my obscure reference, Google "Dial F for Frankenstein".)

It can be added to the S4GRU Scholarship Fund, if you like.  That is where we fund sponsor status and upgrades to worthy individual out of.

Robert

• Like 2