Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta (Formerly iOS 8 Beta/Mac OS 10.10 Beta)

I see that SMS Relay is now in the latest beta. Has anyone tested it yet? Does it also work between an iPad and an iPhone, or only with an iPhone and Yosemite?

I'm able to do it with my phone and iPad.

• Like 1

Does anyone know where the setting for SMS relay is....My MBP and iPhone are having issues with iMessage and texting. It converts a lot of messages into text messages for some reason, even though I am on iMessage. Some people are getting duplicate texts. 

Does anyone know where the setting for SMS relay is....My MBP and iPhone are having issues with iMessage and texting. It converts a lot of messages into text messages for some reason, even though I am on iMessage. Some people are getting duplicate texts.

I wish I had a dev account so I can test it out for you now that I finally installed the Yosemite beta on my Mid 2009 MacBook Pro last night. Of course, I am not running the same Yosemite beta as the devs are. Unless the problem is in the public beta being not compatible with SMS relay.

I wish I had a dev account so I can test it out for you now that I finally installed the Yosemite beta on my Mid 2009 MacBook Pro last night. Of course, I am not running the same Yosemite beta as the devs are. Unless the problem is in the public beta being not compatible with SMS relay.

I just turned off handoff in the iOS settings and logged out of my iMessage account on messages. It appears to be an issue with iMessage and messages (and I guess handoff). I noticed that when I sent a message from Messages app on the mac, it would show delivered on the mac, but not on my iPhone...This indicates to me that there is an issue communicating between the two devices on whether or not the message has been delivered, which then prompts the phone to send as a text message because the phone thinks iMessage is not available. 

Good news though. It sent as a text message relatively quickly when it thinks there is no iMessage available. All I remember from iOS 7 is it thinking about it way too long and then finally giving up and sending as text. Meanwhile, your battery life took a toll.

Update: Back to iOS 7.1.2. It was actually quite tricky because I tried to do a DFU restore and it just reverted me right back to iOS 8. I had to find the IPSW file, do the DFU restore, select the IPSW file and then it finally worked. Had to get rid of iOS 8 because my phone was having some really annoying wifi issues resulting in my messages constantly sending as texts, and my apps and web pages freezing. The only way to fix was through a wifi cycle. I thought beta 5 would be fix it, but it didn't.

I never knew that the sprint version was the iPhone 6,1 . I always thought it was iPhone 6,2 (Global). Isn't the 6,1 version GSM? 

Update: Back to iOS 7.1.2. It was actually quite tricky because I tried to do a DFU restore and it just reverted me right back to iOS 8. I had to find the IPSW file, do the DFU restore, select the IPSW file and then it finally worked. Had to get rid of iOS 8 because my phone was having some really annoying wifi issues resulting in my messages constantly sending as texts, and my apps and web pages freezing. The only way to fix was through a wifi cycle. I thought beta 5 would be fix it, but it didn't.

I never knew that the sprint version was the iPhone 6,1 . I always thought it was iPhone 6,2 (Global). Isn't the 6,1 version GSM?

The Sprint variant of the 5s is the iPhine6,1. Also, sorry to hear about the problems you were having. For me, beta 5 has been the least buggy, but that's just me. Also, you don't have to put the device into DFU mode to restore to 7.1.2. You just have to download the IPSW and do shift+restore (or cmd+restore on OS X) and navigate to the IPSW to downgrade.

-Anthony

• Like 1

The Sprint variant of the 5s is the iPhine6,1. Also, sorry to hear about the problems you were having. For me, beta 5 has been the least buggy, but that's just me. Also, you don't have to put the device into DFU mode to restore to 7.1.2. You just have to download the IPSW and do shift+restore (or cmd+restore on OS X) and navigate to the IPSW to downgrade.

-Anthony

That's what I ended up doing. I was surprised on the wifi issues I was experiencing. I thought the wifi issues were with ios 8 beta4, then I updated to beta 5 and was still having the issues so I was like screw that... I can't deal with that it almost makes the phone unusable. It was definitely ios 8 that was causing it because 7.1.2 hasn't given me a single problem.

Oh well, I can wait like all the others for a month lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having issues with iCloud asking for sign in info over and over and over again. I logged out and then logged back in. Changed my password. Checked all the settings to make sure it looked right and nearly every time I unlock my phone it asks for my password again.

Edit. This is on an iPhone 5s with beta 5 installed.

Anyone else having issues with iCloud asking for sign in info over and over and over again. I logged out and then logged back in. Changed my password. Checked all the settings to make sure it looked right and nearly every time I unlock my phone it asks for my password again.

It happened to me on one of the earlier beta versions, but stopped after I entered in my info a couple times. Hasn't happened since. Have you tried a soft reset?

-Anthony

It happened to me on one of the earlier beta versions, but stopped after I entered in my info a couple times. Hasn't happened since. Have you tried a soft reset?

-Anthony

Yep. Soft reset as well. I've entered it at least a few dozen times total over the last 2 days or so.

I'm trying to avoid a hard reset cuz last time I had to go back down to iOS 7 and then back up.

Yep. Soft reset as well. I've entered it at least a few dozen times total over the last 2 days or so.

I'm trying to avoid a hard reset cuz last time I had to go back down to iOS 7 and then back up.

Is it something that makes the device unusable? Or is it just annoying? If it's the latter, you may just have to wait it out until beta 6 if you don't want to do a Restore.

-Anthony

Is it something that makes the device unusable? Or is it just annoying? If it's the latter, you may just have to wait it out until beta 6 if you don't want to do a Restore.

-Anthony

Extremely annoying. I would rather resolve the issue then let it be as much as I don't want to do a restore.

Am I correct that I have to go to iOS 7 and then back up again since I'm not a developer? Or is there some other way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am getting ready for the 6 coming out. I am running on my i5 and it is losing my trust. The battery is awful.  Just went to Bestbuy and they confirmed they would buy it back for 190 (including charger). I am going to hold off for one week as I am heading to chicago.  Will do when i get back on saturday (even if it goes down some).  Going to be rocking my i4s for several weeks.

I am getting ready for the 6 coming out. I am running on my i5 and it is losing my trust. The battery is awful.  Just went to Bestbuy and they confirmed they would buy it back for 190 (including charger). I am going to hold off for one week as I am heading to chicago.  Will do when i get back on saturday (even if it goes down some).  Going to be rocking my i4s for several weeks.

You may want to check out Swappa first -- you may end up getting more for the phone on Swappa than by selling direct to Best Buy. Here's what iPhone 5 is going for on Swappa.

Extremely annoying. I would rather resolve the issue then let it be as much as I don't want to do a restore.

Am I correct that I have to go to iOS 7 and then back up again since I'm not a developer? Or is there some other way?

Yes, if you aren't a registered developer or don't have your UDID registered on a UDID registration site, you will have to go back to iOS 7 and then update to iOS 8 from there. When you do the restore, I would suggest going to iOS 7, then restoring from a back up to put everything back on your phone, then update to iOS 8. I have yet to have a good experience when restoring from a back up once I am updated to iOS 8. Just a word of advice. Good Luck!

-Anthony

I'm not on the beta, but when I had that on iOS 6 I fixed it by signing out of iCloud and back in.

I'm not on the beta, but when I had that on iOS 6 I fixed it by signing out of iCloud and back in.

Tried it.

I actually haven't had the issue now since last night. I downloaded all the software and what not to do it this morning but haven't found a need to. I did forget to sign out of my Game Center and back in under the new password so I think this may have been what resolved it for me for now. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Did the ever announce when the new iCloud plans would roll out? I just got an email saying my plan renews next month but don't want to renew if I can upgrade to the new plan that has more space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk