HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

I had an EVO 4G LTE previously but now I have the M8. My M8 had LTE for about an hour and now it's nowhere to be found. Good news is, ever since I posted my last comment my phone has stayed on eHRPD.

Edit: I live in NYC where the legacy and NV OEM is the same. However there have been a few sites where eXAGGerated has been a problem in this market.

Yes. You had a single band device. Try and force LTE only mode. If you connect to LTE, you have a CSFB issue. Welcome to triband :)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Or I might've run into a sight that's dmessed up. In LTE only mode, I have no signal. I only have 1x right now. Something is fishy. When I go to the front of my house, I get eHRPD because it is coming from a different site. Perhaps workers came back and are tinkering with the site.

Ok, turns out they turned off 4G on the tower in the rear of my home and it caused some serious disruptions. The tower in the front of my home is still up and running though. I thought I'd have to take my device to Sprint. I'm glad I was wrong.

So I have the m7 and always seem to be on the fringe of lte -115dB or no lte. The 3G is horrible mostly but my area seems to be popping with lte every tower has been converted and green in the map in the other forums. I attribute this to the m7s weak antenna. I want the M8 but only if I see a better LTE signal.

I activated my One M8 a few minutes ago and so far it is bouncing from LTE to EHRPD just like my Evo LTE did . The closest tower to me is one of the last legacy sites left in my area. I have not had problems sending or receiving calls or texts messages so far.

I'm having the issues Payne was, but all around town. I'm in Maryville TN right outside of knoxville. We've had lte here for probably a year. Right now this m8 won't connect to LTE, and even 3g is a little wonky and is going in and out of roaming at random. Planning on going to the Sprint store tomorrow and having them check it out.

Btw how do you force lte mode?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I'm waiting to see a rf performance vs a few phones (G2,M7,Gs4/5,one max,N5, etc) I'm thinking about picking one up once I sell my Note 2, anyone know when in store availability?

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

April 10th. Google works also..

I thought the 10th was for att version, and sprints was still tba. I would have googled but I'm pulling a 12 he work schedule, excuse my sleepy posts.

Sprint suppose to have it in stores around the 10th as well.

• Like 1

I'm having the issues Payne was, but all around town. I'm in Maryville TN right outside of knoxville. We've had lte here for probably a year. Right now this m8 won't connect to LTE, and even 3g is a little wonky and is going in and out of roaming at random. Planning on going to the Sprint store tomorrow and having them check it out.

Btw how do you force lte mode?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Your area may still be suffering from CSFB issues that affect tri-band devices.

There is an article on the wall with more detailed information if you haven't read it before.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'm waiting to see a rf performance vs a few phones (G2,M7,Gs4/5,one max,N5, etc) I'm thinking about picking one up once I sell my Note 2, anyone know when in store availability?

Like others have said the M8 is defintely better than the m7 and its about on par with the One Max which also has pretty good rf performance as well.  I would say that the g2 may be marginally better and of course the N5 is in a different class of its own.

• Like 2

Like others have said the M8 is defintely better than the m7 and its about on par with the One Max which also has pretty good rf performance as well. I would say that the g2 may be marginally better and of course the N5 is in a different class of its own.

Nothing that I know or read has beaten the N5. I like the M7 speakers, I'm a audio guy so I like good audio. Other than that stuff the M8 is almost like a G2, just not as big a battery and the camera lacks OIS. I'm going to go to a store and play with one and see if I like it.

Nothing that I know or read has beaten the N5. I like the M7 speakers, I'm a audio guy so I like good audio. Other than that stuff the M8 is almost like a G2, just not as big a battery and the camera lacks OIS. I'm going to go to a store and play with one and see if I like it.

Battery is a non issue. This device easily lasts a day with my usage. For perspective, I was able to kill my EVO battery in about 5 hours on average, while I was in school. This device is insane in the battery department. Reviewers complain about the camera but it seems better than the EVO 4G LTE in my testing, and my mother, using her iPhone 5S actually prefers I use my phone for photos because they look better. Something worth noting is that this phone sends photos (MMS) at full size. The photos I send are usually over 1MB. The speakers are killer and they live every person that hears them wide-eyed.

The camera really is a great selling point besides what people keep saying. Most of the people that are angry, are angry at the fact that it wasn't upgraded to a higher resolution. In my opinion, the camera is near perfect in all lighting conditions and it is super fast too.

• Like 5

Battery life has been outstanding for me so far and if you like the speakers on the m7 then you will really like the speakers on the m8.

• Like 3

That doesnt matter. I have found time again that when a new tower goes live with lte it can take up to 2 weeks for a triband device to connect but usually it takes 3-7 days. Im in a Ericsson legacy market getting new Ericsson equipment.

I had an EVO 4G LTE previously but now I have the M8. My M8 had LTE for about an hour and now it's nowhere to be found. Good news is, ever since I posted my last comment my phone has stayed on eHRPD.

Edit: I live in NYC where the legacy and NV OEM is the same. However there have been a few sites where eXAGGerated has been a problem in this market.

• Like 1

Like others have said the M8 is defintely better than the m7 and its about on par with the One Max which also has pretty good rf performance as well.  I would say that the g2 may be marginally better and of course the N5 is in a different class of its own.

Have you done side by side comparisons of the N5 and the M8? I would be interested in that. While I do love HTC design and HTC sense, I love my RF beast N5 better.

Have you done side by side comparisons of the N5 and the M8? I would be interested in that. While I do love HTC design and HTC sense, I love my RF beast N5 better.

Yeah, nothing comes close to the n5 when it comes to lte connectivity but other than that the m8 wins everywhere else. If you have a specific question though, just ask away.

Is the rf still usable even though it lacks than the nexus 5 since I have a nexus 5 currently don't want to have slow 3G since in my area 3G is not even usable.

If lte connection is your only concern, especially if you are on the edge of service(lte) then it's a no brainer to keep the n5 but if you are in an area that's reasonably covered then the m8 is a great device to own. Now I carry two devices at all times but it would take an act of God for me to get rid of my n5 because of it's RF performance but overall I definitely like the m8 a lot more.

• Like 2