Port In Question

Djjim

Question. If I port in a number from another wireless carrier and have service for a month or two, can I them 2 months down the road port in another number from a wireless carrier and delete the first ported in number?

Question. If I port in a number from another wireless carrier and have service for a month or two, can I them 2 months down the road port in another number from a wireless carrier and delete the first ported in number?

I did something similar when I added my sister to my account. I activated a new line of service with new number, and then had her number ported in over it. It was a little tedious but Sprint was happy to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I did something similar when I added my sister to my account. I activated a new line of service with new number, and then had her number ported in over it. It was a little tedious but Sprint was happy to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

when they port land line numbers over (it takes a little longer) they give you a temp number anyway...so yea, not a huge deal

In have a friend who wants to join my Framily. She will receive a port in credit of $200 but that offer ends Wednesday. Her contract is over in a few months. She wants the $200 so we thought we'd get a cheap prepaid number and port in and then in a few months when her contract is over she can port in her real number.

In have a friend who wants to join my Framily. She will receive a port in credit of $200 but that offer ends Wednesday. Her contract is over in a few months. She wants the $200 so we thought we'd get a cheap prepaid number and port in and then in a few months when her contract is over she can port in her real number.

Just out of curiosity: Why doesn't she also take advantage of the Sprint ETF buyout offer? Or is that not compatible with the $200 offer?

Seems like a lot of work, why pay for two post paid plans for a couple of months just to get the credit? Will she even come out on top having to pay for two plans for a couple of months with just the $200 credit?

Pretty sure the $200 credit only applies to port in from post paid accounts.

EDIT

I guess not, I reread the T&C and do not see the postpaid requirement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Yea, i don't think they can tell if it's postpaid or prepaid. If you do a reverse phone number search on white pages dot com on a Page Plus number it shows Verizon, Republic Wireless shows Sprint, etc.

Thanks guys. Yea, i don't think they can tell if it's postpaid or prepaid. If you do a reverse phone number search on white pages dot com on a Page Plus number it shows Verizon, Republic Wireless shows Sprint, etc.

Seems like a lot of work, why pay for two post paid plans for a couple of months just to get the credit? Will she even come out on top having to pay for two plans for a couple of months with just the $200 credit?

I agree with you, I see it as this:

• $25 Framily at best with x 3 months or more (since the word "few" was used): $75
  • I'm guessing other carrier is $60+ x 3 months: $180
  • Cost $255 for a $200 credit
  • Doesn't take in account of purchase of devices if needed.

I believe taking advantage of the ETF Buyout and the $100 Credit for switching is the better idea.