Rootmetrics national report

http://rootmetrics.com/rsr/usa

2nd half 2013. At least Sprint didn't come in last in overall performance. I guess that's progress.  :wacko:

I think that they're *ok* considering that they're 5x5 MHz LTE has had to go up against their competitors 10x10 LTE networks (in most places). Hopefully their performance can improve further as more Band 26 and Band 41 LTE comes online. Ericsson :whip:  Samsung :whip:  Alcatel-Lucent :whip:  NSN :whip:

• Like 5

http://rootmetrics.com/rsr/usa

2nd half 2013. At least Sprint didn't come in last in overall performance. I guess that's progress. :wacko:

I think that they're *ok* considering that they're 5x5 MHz LTE has had to go up against their competitors 10x10 LTE networks (in most places). Hopefully their performance can improve further as more Band 26 and Band 41 LTE comes online. Ericsson :whip: Samsung :whip: Alcatel-Lucent :whip: NSN :whip:

No need to crack the whip at Samsung, they are really picking up the pace. Pulverizing Ericsson and Alcatel-Lucent is ok, and I don't think NSN is starting on Band 41 upgrades yet. I think they will by Q2 though.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Sprint is spending about $7 billion this year on network construction, refitting its former Nextel network and incorporating the added t no one is out of the running, this is going to evolve into an interesting horse race,” Moore said.

“T-Mobile has taken the gloves off, and Sprint’s going through a transitional period right now, but what we see with their new Spark network could be a game changer.”

To contact the reporter

even they admit that band 41 will be a game changer.

No need to crack the whip at Samsung, they are really picking up the pace. Pulverizing Ericsson and Alcatel-Lucent is ok, and I don't think NSN is starting on Band 41 upgrades yet. I think they will by Q2 though.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

True, Samsung has been a pretty decent NV vendor thus far. I guess my thinking is no matter how good you may doing, there's always room for improvement.

Sprint is spending about $7 billion this year on network construction, refitting its former Nextel network and incorporating the added t no one is out of the running, this is going to evolve into an interesting horse race,” Moore said.

“T-Mobile has taken the gloves off, and Sprint’s going through a transitional period right now, but what we see with their new Spark network could be a game changer.”

To contact the reporter

even they admit that band 41 will be a game changer.

They're shortchanging by saying $7B, but Sprint has already gone on record stating that they expect to spend $8B in CAPEX this year. Every billion helps. :)

The problem I see with the tests done by root metrics now is with the new class of single radio tri-band phones, when doing tests while connected to LTE, it reports a voice connection failure. I am not sure if or how Root Metrics corrects for that.

• Like 2

The problem I see with the tests done by root metrics now is with the new class of single radio tri-band phones, when doing tests while connected to LTE, it reports a voice connection failure. I am not sure if or how Root Metrics corrects for that.

I noticed that after getting my Nexus 5, I have not run a root metrics test since then. If they correct that I will run test with them again.

Not the worst result possible, considering the volume of change the network went through. It should only get better from here on.

It always annoys me though when bar charts have their axes shifted to magnify differences. Things would appear more competitive if all bars started from zero.

• Like 4

Aren't T-Mobile and AT&T devices single radio?

I ran test with my LG G2, when connected to LTE it failed the voice connection and did noticed change in map color from green to grey, they need to fix this i bet with sensorly Sprint tops the chart.

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/753094963

I ran test with my LG G2, when connected to LTE it failed the voice connection and did noticed change in map color from green to grey, they need to fix this i bet with sensorly Sprint tops the chart.

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/753094963

On Sensorly, Sprint and Verizon regularly beat out the other 2 on my area, at least when going to the compare section in the app.

On Sensorly, Sprint and Verizon regularly beat out the other 2 on my area, at least when going to the compare section in the app.

And this shows the importance of 2.6. It is how their network becomes the standard (at least with in metro areas).

I expect that reliability index, call, text, and data performance to by-pass Verizon by next summer.   :)

In markets where upgrades are nearly complete, Sprint is ranked just as high as the other carriers.

I expect that reliability index, call, text, and data performance to by-pass Verizon by next summer.   :)

How?

If there is no network, Sprint and T-Mobile don't have a chance of bypassing AT&T or VZW.

That rootmetrics report looks pretty accurate to me from my experience with all 4 networks. The T-Mobile CEO is living in a dreamland,  or just using his acting/advertising skills to shout to his boys.

How?

If there is no network, Sprint and T-Mobile don't have a chance of bypassing AT&T or VZW.

That rootmetrics report looks pretty accurate to me from my experience with all 4 networks. The T-Mobile CEO is living in a dreamland,  or just using his acting/advertising skills to shout to his boys.

RootMetrics says that speed+reliability= coverage.

Sprint's network covers most states. Even if Sprint were able to win a few states, that would knock Verizon off of their pedestal, seeing as though currently, there is a tie in more states than there are states where any other carrier has won. Sprint has all the resources. All they need is great execution. Sprint might never cover all 50 states but they can try to do better in the areas that they do serve.

• Like 2

RootMetrics says that speed+reliability= coverage.

Sprint's network covers most states. Even if Sprint were able to win a few states, that would knock Verizon off of their pedestal, seeing as though currently, there is a tie in more states than there are states where any other carrier has won. Sprint has all the resources. All they need is great execution. Sprint might never cover all 50 states but they can try to do better in the areas that they do serve.

Execution is the key. And waiting until the end of 2015 to have 100 markets where they offer competitive speeds/capacity is not, in my mind at least, not a recipe for great execution. In any case the company that should b e really worried is att. They are going to have to work harder and be more credit s give to keep their network competitive.