Sprint Planning Layoffs

Rickie546

As part of the job cuts, Sprint plans to close some of its less profitable retail stores, which could affect 300 to 500 employees. Additional job cuts would come in Sprint’s customer care centers, business sales and other areas.

Full story here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/17/4759725/sprint-plans-company-wide-layoffs.html

The small stores are horrible . They have weak showing of lot cellphone. Most of the display phones will not even turn on see what kind features you like. Verizon att tmobile stores def setup better for selling phones.

The small stores are horrible . They have weak showing of lot cellphone. Most of the display phones will not even turn on see what kind features you like. Verizon att tmobile stores def setup better for selling phones.

If a store has fake phones its a third party. Corporate sprint stores have all live demos.

Sent from tapatalk

• Like 1

Isn't most sales now from online?

Yes but show-rooms are important.

Look at bank. Over the past twenty years, many people declared "the end of the bank branch" due to ATMs, online, and now mobile banking.

And yet theyre building more of them now than ever. Why? The storefront is a giant ad.

For cell stores, besides seeing the sign/brand on the side of the road every day, the store lets you feel the phones before you buy, and for many people, its an essential customer service / support area.

If the closest repair/help store is an hour away, you might not be so keen on the brand.

Also, I have a feeling people associate stores with coverage. "Therese 5 Sprint stores there and no Tmobile stores....Sprint probably has better service there"

• Like 3

Yes but show-rooms are important.

Look at bank. Over the past twenty years, many people declared "the end of the bank branch" due to ATMs, online, and now mobile banking.

And yet theyre building more of them now than ever. Why? The storefront is a giant ad.

For cell stores, besides seeing the sign/brand on the side of the road every day, the store lets you feel the phones before you buy, and for many people, its an essential customer service / support area.

If the closest repair/help store is an hour away, you might not be so keen on the brand.

Also, I have a feeling people associate stores with coverage. "Therese 5 Sprint stores there and no Tmobile stores....Sprint probably has better service there"

Sadly I know that you are correct.  Most people really do have thought processes that basic, be it conscious or subconscious.  So I totally get your drift.

not counting us phone nerds most people like to actually look and play with a phone first before buying them...

This is true. Especially with the iPhone. Most people head to the a apple store when considering an iPhone purchase.

The highly popular alternative is online orders.

I haven't been to a sprint store in over 3-4 years. If I was in the market for an android device, I would probably watch online video hands on videos and make an online purchase still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true. Especially with the iPhone. Most people head to the a apple store when considering an iPhone purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most apple folks already know they will get an iPhone and are just in the store to be part of the iCrowd.

Isn't most sales now from online?

Probably,  but they are likely still a few freaks like me who want to play with the phones and compare. Before I got the note 3 I went into a few stores and played with all the options and checked out size (the note 2 was likely to be a very similar size),  screen type (I heard a lot of bad things about samoled screens) and resolution etc.  I freely admit I'm probably in a very small minority but I appreciate the flexibility. I also wouldn't buy from a carrier that didn't have a store I could go into and discuss a problem.  Sometime you can only explain a problem by demonstrating it,  Sprints staff have always been extremely helpful in that respect. Can you pre order new phones via instore reps and pickup on the day of release with sprint? That would be killer!

Interesting about job cuts, when I've seen 2 new vacant Sprint stores in my area that plan on opening soon.

Sadly I know that you are correct.  Most people really do have thought processes that basic, be it conscious or subconscious.  So I totally get your drift.

From a logical point of view, if you don't see a single T-Mobile store or only 1 Sprint store, it is a good chance that they don't have a large coverage area where you are at. There isn't much point in building 3 stores in the area if all you will see for service is some fringe signal off of a highway tower 6 miles down the road.

From a logical point of view, if you don't see a single T-Mobile store or only 1 Sprint store, it is a good chance that they don't have a large coverage area where you are at. There isn't much point in building 3 stores in the area if all you will see for service is some fringe signal off of a highway tower 6 miles down the road.

From a business point of view, you would think that the number of stores would be related to the sales volume, which in turn is related to the market share in the area. For instance, in Lafayette, LA, Sprint has gone from 4 stores to 1, because their market share is almost nonexistent despite having decent coverage.