It's Out!!!! (iOS 7.x Jailbreak)

anthony.spina97

So, has anyone had any issues with custom prls on their iPhones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there's no 800 around me yet and finally being able to load a custom PRL has only confirmed it...
  • Like 1

So, has anyone had any issues with custom prls on their iPhones?

It works on the 5, and doesn't work on the 5s. I've had no luck loading a prl. I think I've come to the conclusion that my 5s (and others) have a security feature that prevents it as it doesn't work.

• Like 2

Is there somwhere where it shows how to do it? I wanna change my prl but I'm not 100per met sure how too...

try this post; these instructions work for me on my iPhone 5:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5225-its-out-ios-7x-jailbreak/?p=257456

Is there somwhere where it shows how to do it? I wanna change my prl but I'm not 100per met sure how too...

http://youtu.be/Nxufsk5Sydk There's a video on how to do it, although they are using a Verizon PRL to force roaming it's the same steps just use a Sprint PRL in place of the Verizon one he demonstrates. Edited by shawneyboy123

Went and got my 32 GB Gold 5S today and I was super happy, but now I'm disappointed because modifying PRL's on the 5S doesn't work yet :(

I have noticed, however, that there is a lack of a PRL in the carrier bundle, and the bundle's name has CSIM in the title. Hmm...

-Anthony

Went and got my 32 GB Gold 5S today and I was super happy, but now I'm disappointed because modifying PRL's on the 5S doesn't work yet :(

I have noticed, however, that there is a lack of a PRL in the carrier bundle, and the bundle's name has CSIM in the title. Hmm...

-Anthony

Yeah, everything is different from all instruction online. We also have a .pri file that the 5 (I believe) doesn't have. I found a few articles that said apple implemented security features on the 5s to prevent prl modding

Yeah, everything is different from all instruction online. We also have a .pri file that the 5 (I believe) doesn't have. I found a few articles that said apple implemented security features on the 5s to prevent prl modding

It appears to only be in the Sprint Carrier Bundle though, if you go to Verizon's there is still a carrier.prl file in there.

-Anthony

It appears to only be in the Sprint Carrier Bundle though, if you go to Verizon's there is still a carrier.prl file in there.

-Anthony

Yes. I'm giving it time. Hopefully, someone will figure it out and post something here or on the interwebz. The phone has been out for 4 months and it's still impossible to find anything on google about this issue.

• Like 1

I have a .prl and a .pri file on my 5.

• Like 1

Here's what is in my folder on my iPhone 5 (512 is another PRL I have in the folder but it's inactive unless i rename it PRL.prl):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390355547.788821.jpg

I'm actually running a PRL that puts 1x800 at the highest priority and connected to 1x800 on a hidden System ID on that screen shot. I still haven't figured out where the site is located that broadcasting that signal.

Anyone with a 5S have any updates on PRL loading? I'd be excited to hear some good news! I'm jailbroken and ready to buy iFile once we have confirmation of it working.

It doesn't work yet. After some googling, I read there are security measures put in place by Apple to prevent tampering on the 5s. I've had quite a few beers, or I'd link to it.

Vince

• Like 2

It doesn't work yet. After some googling, I read there are security measures put in place by Apple to prevent tampering on the 5s. I've had quite a few beers, or I'd link to it.

Vince

That's too bad. Maybe I can get customer service to force push a PRL from another phone that has better 1x 800 voice priority.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has had any luck getting one of the Sponsor/Premier Sponsor PRL's onto a 5S, but I have been doing a little research. Yes, we know about how the carrier bundle in the 5S for Sprint is a little different than previous iPhone's, and we know it seems to be lacking a PRL file, and only has a PRI. From what I have read, the PRI is the firmware for the radios in the phone (I assume it contains what frequency bands to connect to), and the PRL is the file that tells the device what towers to connect to (which, that part, we already knew).

I'm going to continue my research on changing PRL's in the 5S, so I will report back any findings that I can come up with. I just wanted to share what I learned about the PRI's in case there was anyone that didn't know what the difference was.

-Anthony

• Like 1

I restored back to stock today. The jailbreak was causing some lag and crashing my phone. I don't want that. No reason to take the smoothest os out there and make it buggy. Maybe if someone figures out a way to load a prl I'll go back. But as it stands, I have really lost interest in jail breaking, and see no need to do it.

I restored back to stock today. The jailbreak was causing some lag and crashing my phone. I don't want that. No reason to take the smoothest os out there and make it buggy. Maybe if someone figures out a way to load a prl I'll go back. But as it stands, I have really lost interest in jail breaking, and see no need to do it.

Jail breaking isn't for everyone. Some people like it, and some people it causes trouble with. I still have the respring issue that many people have, and wish the 7.1 beta didn't break the jailbreak exploits. :(

Jail breaking isn't for everyone. Some people like it, and some people it causes trouble with. I still have the respring issue that many people have, and wish the 7.1 beta didn't break the jailbreak exploits. :(

I've jail broke every iPhone I've ever owned. And they've always caused some sort of problem. Whether it be an occasional lag, or winter board crashes/random reboots. If I wanted bugs and reboots, I would use that other mobile os.

I've jail broke every iPhone I've ever owned. And they've always caused some sort of problem. Whether it be an occasional lag, or winter board crashes/random reboots. If I wanted bugs and reboots, I would use that other mobile os.

I'm willing to bet its user error, incomparable tweaks/running too many. I've jaikbroken from the original bootrom exploitable 3gs up the 5(then swapped to a nexus because sprint doesn't offer the 5 in store and I couldn't use mine from att). I had over 45 tweaks running on my 5 all at the same time without a signal error or mobile substrate respringing into safemode. You just have to be really careful adding tweaks for a few weeks after it comes out because no one knows how they're going to interact together yet(and cydia still has kinks to be ironed out due to the premature jailbreak release by evad3rs to supposedly "beat" another group to it).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm willing to bet its user error, incomparable tweaks/running too many. I've jaikbroken from the original bootrom exploitable 3gs up the 5(then swapped to a nexus because sprint doesn't offer the 5 in store and I couldn't use mine from att). I had over 45 tweaks running on my 5 all at the same time without a signal error or mobile substrate respringing into safemode. You just have to be really careful adding tweaks for a few weeks after it comes out because no one knows how they're going to interact together yet(and cydia still has kinks to be ironed out due to the premature jailbreak release by evad3rs to supposedly "beat" another group to it).

Unfortunately, that can be true. It's too hard to pinpoint what the erroneous tweak is. You have to just start back tracking and delete things one by one while looking for an improvement in performance.

Unfortunately, that can be true. It's too hard to pinpoint what the erroneous tweak is. You have to just start back tracking and delete things one by one while looking for an improvement in performance.

Sounds complicated. I don't have time for that. I will just wait for b26 to pop up and then all of my coverage issues will be fixed.

I was a fan of keeping a running note of what I added and when, also the less legit sources many install trying to get the really cool tweaks/apps for free, or just trying to get an app that's been pulled for some reason lead to these issues too. Basically if the caution pops up when adding the repo don't use it, unless you know its ok and are willing to risk a PITA.