It's Out!!!! (iOS 7.x Jailbreak)

anthony.spina97

So, yeah... This happened today...a3y2y9a3.jpg

-Anthony

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I didn't know anyone had an iPhone 6 yet...what's your source?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think he is referencing the new jailbreak for iOS 7.1.1

I'm still confused as to why it says iPhone 6 though lol.

I'm still confused as to why it says iPhone 6 though lol.

This is my phone, an iPhone 5S. That is how Apple and other developers identify the device in iOS and other apps. It goes by generation, because the 5S is the 6th generation iPhone.

-Anthony

This is my phone, an iPhone 5S. That is how Apple and other developers identify the device in iOS and other apps. It goes by generation, because the 5S is the 6th generation iPhone.

-Anthony

Oh that makes sense. Sorry for that its been awhile since I've used an iOS device so my knowledge is slipping away. Its great to see a jailbreak out though with the lack of interest in jailbreaking it from the people who know how. Hopefully iOS 8 and the new iPhone can be jail broken too!

• Like 1

I'm not sure that this is a good thing, but someone was too impatient to wait, and maybe Apple would have patched those exploits anyway. September is still 3 months away after all.

Is this evasi0n?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/06/23/ios-7-1-1-untethered-jailbreak-burns-two-exploits/

Here's an article about it, and its a new team.

I'm not sure that this is a good thing, but someone was too impatient to wait, and maybe Apple would have patched those exploits anyway. September is still 3 months away after all.

Is this evasi0n?

No, it's a group of Chinese hackers.

-Anthony

No thanks. I'll pass. It's a security risk.

That's what I had thought. But then when I saw all of the different Jailbreak developers' tweets about how after completely searching the program and the jailbreak itself, they saw that there was absolutely no spyware or malware in it what-so-ever, I decided to give it a shot.

-Anthony

That's what I had thought. But then when I saw all of the different Jailbreak developers' tweets about how after completely searching the program and the jailbreak itself, they saw that there was absolutely no spyware or malware in it what-so-ever, I decided to give it a shot.

-Anthony

Then I might give it a shot. It'll be nice to have Signal 2 again. Hopefully it's updated to iOS 7 compatibility.

Then I might give it a shot. It'll be nice to have Signal 2 again. Hopefully it's updated to iOS 7 compatibility.

Way ahead of you. It still hasn't been updated yet  :censored:

-Anthony

By the way, if anybody does use this new jailbreak tool, please make sure to look-up instructions on how to do it (or you could ask me ^_^) . It is not as straight-forward as one might think. If done incorrectly, you will end up installing that Chinese App Piracy store and I don't think anyone really wants that.

IF you happen to accidentally install that app piracy store, it can cause VERY BIG PROBLEMS down the road, because it installs its own version of "AppSync" called "PpSync" that can, and most likely WILL cause you to lose most, if not all functionality of the default apps in iOS.

Good luck to anyone who gives it a go, and I will gladly answer any questions that anyone may have (my title isn't "Your friendly neighborhood iOS Guru" for nothing ;)).

-Anthony

• Like 2

If by chance you do not uncheck the check box in the program and it installs the "extras" or if you did uncheck it and want an extra clean install of Cydia, add the source http://cydia.angelxwind.net/ and install Complete PPSync Remover. It's suggested to be installed regardless of unchecking the box or not after you get Cydia up and running.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Go to evasi0n.com to download it. Compatible with all devices that can run iOS 7.x.

NOTE: Make sure your make a back up of your device. If you are having trouble with jailbreaking the device, and your method of updating your device is OTA, then do a full restore in iTunes and you should be good to go. BTW, any tweaks relying on Moblie Substrate may not work correctly, so watch out for that until an update is released.

Jailbreak on!

-Anthony

yea i am interested too in roaming and what the link to the prl i am on an 5s jailbroken

yea i am interested too in roaming and what the link to the prl i am on an 5s jailbroken

You can't change the PRL on the iPhone 5S, the files that need to be replaced are hidden and nobody has found a way to do it yet.

Also, changing your PRL to roam on a different carrier is against the Sprint TOS and we do not help people do that here at S4GRU because we do not promote such behavior.

-Anthony