It's Out!!!! (iOS 7.x Jailbreak)

anthony.spina97

np, are you using digis prl? I just installed it and found there is band 10 live in my area or at least I'm connecting to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. My phone isn't jailbroke. Don't want it to void my applcare protection. Otherwise I would.

You'll be fine, just restore if you ever have to visit the apple store for a warranty claim

Yeh. That's what I did last time. I jailbroke my 4s when I had it but I found that it was laggy, and it was just too much customization for me. I was constantly doing something to the phone lol.

Turboxsloth:

Here is where you need to put the 503 prl:

System / Library / CarrierBundles / iPhone / Sprint_LTE_US

You need to use iFile, and you need to rename the 503 prl to "carrier.prl" (make sure it is all lowercase) and you need to paste it into the file location above, making sure to overwrite the original carrier.prl.

Next, you meed to go into carrier.plist (open it in the property list viewer) and scroll down to the "PrlPushFlag" switch, then switch that on. Tap done, and then you should see a new file called "carrier.plist%" under "carrier.plist". Delete the file with the % after it (not sure if this is required, but it didn't work for me when I left it there). Back out of the Sprint_LTE_US bundle, close iFile, and restart the phone.

When the phone boots up, go into iFile, go back into the Sprint bundle, open carrier.plist in the propert list viewer, scroll down to PrlPushFlag, switch it off, tap done, delete the new carrier.plist% (make sure you do the one with the percent sign), back out of the carrier bundle, then close iFile and restart.

When booted up, you should be good to go! Tell me if you run into any problems :)

-Anthony

P.S. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I was out bowling with my parents and our Corvette Club

EDIT: And it appears I was a little late...

Here is a screenshot from my phone. It looks like I have carrier.pri and not .prl. Does it matter? Also, can the file be downloaded locally and pasted without using a computer?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389570291.590051.jpg

I'm still unsure as to why the iPhones don't have SVLTE. When I'm on LTE and I open Signal 2, I see the Serving Cell for my LTE, but I also see a Serving Cell for Band Class 1, and they both say the type is "Serving", along with the neighbor LTE cells and the neigboring Band Class 1 cells. Anyone with experience understand why this is?

-Anthony

I'm still unsure as to why the iPhones don't have SVLTE. When I'm on LTE and I open Signal 2, I see the Serving Cell for my LTE, but I also see a Serving Cell for Band Class 1, and they both say the type is "Serving", along with the neighbor LTE cells and the neigboring Band Class 1 cells. Anyone with experience understand why this is?

The answer is simple.  Since the release of iPhone 5, the iPhone has had one transmit path for both CDMA2000 and LTE.

AJ

• Like 1

-Anthony

isn't band 1 1x. You can be connected to 1x on another tower and lte on another

I've followed the instruction exactly. I tried two times, can't get the custom prl to load. I'm still on the Sprint 51099. That would change if the load worked properly, right? Any suggestions?

I had the same problem when I was doing this for the first time on Friday night.  A second reboot with prl push flag on and then reboot with prl push flag off solved the problem for me.

I was surprised that I was able to go to the Verizon_LTE_US folder, copy the carrier.prl file from there and paste it in the Sprint folder, and Roam on Verizon.  I am not still roaming on Verizon, just did it as a proof that I could get it to work.  

Edit:  I'm not really surprised that I was able to roam on Verizon, more so surprised that a Verizon PRL was stored on a Sprint iPhone...

Edited by snowmobiler487

I was surprised that I was able to go to the Verizon_LTE_US folder, copy the carrier.prl file from there and paste it in the Sprint folder, and Roam on Verizon. I am not still roaming on Verizon, just did it as a proof that I could get it to work.

Edit: I'm not really surprised that I was able to roam on Verizon, more so surprised that a Verizon PRL was stored on a Sprint iPhone...

Not surprising at all. Many phones have the same set of software and it is selected by a global variable.

I was surprised that I was able to go to the Verizon_LTE_US folder, copy the carrier.prl file from there and paste it in the Sprint folder, and Roam on Verizon. I am not still roaming on Verizon, just did it as a proof that I could get it to work.

Edit: I'm not really surprised that I was able to roam on Verizon, more so surprised that a Verizon PRL was stored on a Sprint iPhone...

Do you have a 5 or 5s/c?

Not surprising at all. Many phones have the same set of software and it is selected by a global variable.

I knew the software could be the same for many phones, I just thought loading of PRLs and other carrier specific info happened at activation, not all bundled into everyone's software.  I guess you learn something new every day!

Do you have a 5 or 5s/c?

Just the 5.

I knew the software could be the same for many phones, I just thought loading of PRLs and other carrier specific info happened at activation, not all bundled into everyone's software. I guess you learn something new every day!

Just the 5.

are you using digis 503.prl. It's nice in my iphone5

are you using digis 503.prl. It's nice in my iphone5

Do you mean 513?  

I am using 512 because I have an Airave at home and don't have strong enough service yet (even with 1x800) to get rid of it. Hopefully I will be able to by the time NV 1.0 is finished.

Edit: Nevermind, 502, 503 are the regular sponsor PRLs.  The 512, 513 versions are in the premier sponsor section.

Edited by snowmobiler487
  • Like 1

I knew the software could be the same for many phones, I just thought loading of PRLs and other carrier specific info happened at activation, not all bundled into everyone's software. I guess you learn something new every day!

Just the 5.

Nothing new. All those Samsung handsets run around with Tmobile, AT&T, etc branded signal icons. Even the handsets with only band 25 run around with software for band 41.

Being from a software design background I would be surprised to not see this.

• Like 1

Go to Cydia: Search of "iOS 7 Bars"

Install the theme

Go into iFile, go to var/mobile/library/Caches/com.apple.UIStatusBar and delete the "images" folder.

BOOM! Got those precious signal bars back! :D

-Anthony

iOS 7 bars appears to be a theme for

iOS 7 bars appears to be a theme for < iOS 7 to have the dots like 7 does.

Well I installed it then followed the directions that were given in the description of the theme and now I have bars instead of dots haha ^_^

-Anthony

Just thought I would share that I downloaded a fantastic theme. If you miss the way iOS 6 looked, download "iOS 6 complete for iOS 7." It is great, and even has fully functional, regular signal bars.

• Like 2