Time to pull the trigger on on limited my way plan?

DaQue

I think I remember there is an unlimited my way plan offer expiring soon.  I currently have an old 450 minute unlimited data plan that I have been on for a long time with several month left on the contract for the note 2.  Is there a compelling reason to sign up before the current offer expires?  The cost looks the same but I would get more minutes I won't use. 

Simple answer. No lol. If you don't need the minutes, why switch it up. I have 1500 minutes between 3 phones on a shared plan. We have not even come close to using 200 minutes a month. Everything is texting, facetime audio, or unlimited night and weekends stuff. I honestly wish I could lower it to 500 minutes to drop the bill down because there is no way we will ever use 1500 minutes a month, ever.

• Like 4

Simple answer. No lol. If you don't need the minutes, why switch it up. I have 1500 minutes between 3 phones on a shared plan. We have not even come close to using 200 minutes a month. Everything is texting, facetime audio, or unlimited night and weekends stuff. I honestly wish I could lower it to 500 minutes to drop the bill down because there is no way we will ever use 1500 minutes a month, ever.

I find this to be true. Lower minutes and a lower bill. But unfortunately I feel like these companies keep these high minute plans to be able to charge more, since no one ever really uses them. IMO.

-Luis

I find this to be true. Lower minutes and a lower bill. But unfortunately I feel like these companies keep these high minute plans to be able to charge more, since no one ever really uses them. IMO.

-Luis

That's because thats exactly what they are doing lol. Funny that pretty much every person I know and text has an iPhone. I am not sure if Sprint counts iMessage as a "text message",  but I could almost drop down to a 1,000 text limit as well ( not that I would)...because all of my friends and family use iMessage. I am fine with paying the 66 bucks a month I pay for what we have though. Compared to other plans, I am not complaining. Yet another reason why I am still with Sprint.

When VoLTE comes it will be all data., calling texting, downloads, everything will be data. Since data is unlimited I think that there is a rope a dope going on here. Thin of it this way data is 10.00 for unlimited this way and now it will cost 30.00 for unlimited data 50 for text and talk.

I switched and don't use data so much, and my talk time has not changed so I saw no benefit except they told me that it was better. However; now I feel that I was railroaded into a plan that only benefits Sprint. I just wonder "if" we all hold onto dat for 10.00 and the other plans become obsolete what happens.

Cattle herding comes to mind, but I have not quite put my finger on it except that I thought that the 450 pla gave you 10.00 off if you bought a device full price. Anyone have a 450 data plan contract. They always try to change plans to suit their hidden agenda like Verizon, and AT&T did with their canceling of unlimited data in lieu of family plans to make more moeny when Volte implements VOIP service......thei motivation is that these plans will cost more when everything is data.

I think I remember there is an unlimited my way plan offer expiring soon.  I currently have an old 450 minute unlimited data plan that I have been on for a long time with several month left on the contract for the note 2.  Is there a compelling reason to sign up before the current offer expires?  The cost looks the same but I would get more minutes I won't use. 

if you just have a individual plan, than it doesnt matter, you can switch it will cost the same.

That's because thats exactly what they are doing lol. Funny that pretty much every person I know and text has an iPhone. I am not sure if Sprint counts iMessage as a "text message", but I could almost drop down to a 1,000 text limit as well ( not that I would)...because all of my friends and family use iMessage. I am fine with paying the 66 bucks a month I pay for what we have though. Compared to other plans, I am not complaining. Yet another reason why I am still with Sprint.

iMessage only uses data, not your text allotment. I'm in the same boat. Everyone I text is iMessage.

That's because thats exactly what they are doing lol. Funny that pretty much every person I know and text has an iPhone. I am not sure if Sprint counts iMessage as a "text message", but I could almost drop down to a 1,000 text limit as well ( not that I would)...because all of my friends and family use iMessage. I am fine with paying the 66 bucks a month I pay for what we have though. Compared to other plans, I am not complaining. Yet another reason why I am still with Sprint.

iMessage only uses data, not your text allotment. I'm in the same boat. Everyone I text is iMessage.

I'm in the same boat as both of you. Most of my messages are iMessages. I use less than 200 texts per month. Now when I start using my Nexus 5 for the next 2-3 months, that will change.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as both of you. Most of my messages are iMessages. I use less than 200 texts per month. Now when I start using my Nexus 5 for the next 2-3 months, that will change.

Nearly all iMessage???  Wow, you iPhoners are cliquey.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Nearly all iMessage??? Wow, you iPhoners are cliquey.

:P

AJ

I only text 3 people on a regular basis and they are all on iPhones. Even my little sister is getting one soon.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I only text 3 people on a regular basis and they are all on iPhones. Even my little sister is getting one soon.

Thus, your evidence supports my point.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Just went through my messages, and not a single line on there is not iMessage...

"iPhone?"  That must be a *make or break* first date question for a lot of you guys.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

"iPhone?" That must be a *make or break* first date question for a lot of you guys.

;)

AJ

I have a friend who used to make fun of me because I had an android in virgin mobile and there was no iMessage . Lg Optimus I think it was, when it was realllllly old and tiny. Pulled it out of the drawer the other day and charged it up and it is SO SLOWWWW compared to my 5s. But what do you expert lol.

it really depends..i currently have 4 lines on a 1500 minute shared plan with 4 smartphones.  Right now i'm nearly equaling the $260/month myway would do..but not quite.  There's two things holding me off of my way..the fact that the pricing isn't locked in(as far as i can tell) AND that video gets throttled(which makes sense).  i could go to the 3000 shaed plan and equal the cost of myway..:)

• Like 1

I used to be on an everything data 450 plan and changed over to unlimited my way. My cost did go up slightly, because my discount only applies to the data portion $30 vs 69.99. The unlimited voice was a bonus, but I wanted the $10 1GB hotspot add-on and it wasn't available with everything data 450. I've only really used the hotspot once, but it was worth it. Having my friends AT&T HTC One need to tether off my Sprint phone to download his android 4.3 update because AT&T only allows updating via wifi was priceless.

• Like 2

it really depends..i currently have 4 lines on a 1500 minute shared plan with 4 smartphones.  Right now i'm nearly equaling the $260/month myway would do..but not quite.  There's two things holding me off of my way..the fact that the pricing isn't locked in(as far as i can tell) AND that video gets throttled(which makes sense).  i could go to the 3000 shaed plan and equal the cost of myway.. :)

Price not being locked?

Guest mreed112

I am not sure you have a choice.  I just ordered an new LG G2.  When they mailed me the phone, it would not activate.  When I called Sprint, I was told that the computer will not allow activatation of tri-band phones unless you have the new unlimited plan.  I was also told my bill for an individual plan will go up around $7 per month but I haven't gotten the first bill yet to confirm.  My old plan was 450 minutes plus 300 free bonus minutes that they gave a couple of years ago.  The irony is that at most I use 20 minutes a month.

I would assume pricing is locked in as is any other plan you might be on, but I haven't read the fine print. I've been on the unlimited my way plan for a few months now, and I haven't noticed any video throttling of any sort. Granted I don't sit there and watch full length movies on Netflix, but I do browse a decent amount of YouTube and haven't noticed any changes in video quality. I'm wondering if they only do it when the network is loaded in your area.

I am on the note 2 afew more months I think. Anyone else have trouble keeping old plan with a triband device? If I pulled the trigger on a N5 I was going to do it off contact about June and save some money.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I am not sure you have a choice.  I just ordered an new LG G2.  When they mailed me the phone, it would not activate.  When I called Sprint, I was told that the computer will not allow activatation of tri-band phones unless you have the new unlimited plan.  I was also told my bill for an individual plan will go up around $7 per month but I haven't gotten the first bill yet to confirm.  My old plan was 450 minutes plus 300 free bonus minutes that they gave a couple of years ago.  The irony is that at most I use 20 minutes a month.

I bought my phone at Best Buy and had no problem activating my G2 with my old 1500 Everything Data plan.

it depends on who you talk to.  I just activated my mega which is a spark device on my 1500 shared plan.  I have also talked to multiple reps and i still have the option to jump up to 3000 minutes shared if i want to..at least for now..:)