my iphone bent (wtf)

illest_ios

so i went to apple today and had my iphone warrentied because it got bent... how does that happen!? lol has anyone heard of this or had this issue? apple was cool about it and swapped it out for a new one though :tu:

• Like 1

so i went to apple today and had my iphone warrentied because it got bent... how does that happen!? lol has anyone heard of this or had this issue? apple was cool about it and swapped it out for a new one though :tu:

I know when the EVO LTE launched people were bending their phones. Mostly people who carried their phone in their back pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

thats the only thing i could think of... lol i mean its was very bad i just didnt want it to lead to bigger problems. and i had dust in the screen which apprently is automaticlly warrenty swapped. weired right lol

I have actually read about this before. If it was an iPhone 5, it is because it is made out of aluminum and glass, not steel and glass like the iPhone 4/4S were. The aluminum is a lot easier to bend, especially with how thin the device is. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to mine, but if it does, at least I get a new iPhone out of my AppleCare+ subscription!

• Like 2

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

Do not be a girl, carry your handset in your back pocket, sit on it repeatedly, then be surprised when something bad happens.

AJ

• Like 9

I have actually read about this before. If it was an iPhone 5, it is because it is made out of aluminum and glass, not steel and glass like the iPhone 4/4S were. The aluminum is a lot easier to bend, especially with how thin the device is. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to mine, but if it does, at least I get a new iPhone out of my AppleCare+ subscription!

lol yeah that makes sense! thats what im thinking. aluminum warps where glass wont (at least as easily)

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

Do not be a girl, carry your handset in your back pocket, sit on it repeatedly, then be surprised when something bad happens.

AJ

LOL funny my boss always does that.. i never do that! im scared i will sit down and it will shatter back there haha :P

Don't be a girl, carry your phone in your back pocket and then be surprised when it goes in the toilet when you sit down. Then pretend it did not happen and be furious when the plumber fishes out of the toilet and everybody accuses you of being sneaky! So, don't carry your iPhone in your back pocket :).

Don't be a girl, carry your phone in your back pocket and then be surprised when it goes in the toilet when you sit down. Then pretend it did not happen and be furious when the plumber fishes out of the toilet and everybody accuses you of being sneaky! So, don't carry your iPhone in your back pocket :).

This almost makes me think of those DirecTV commercials. Don't end up in...

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

What?

This has nothing to do with the OP.

But yeah people have complained that the EVO LTE bent, but I think that was mostly attributed to the weak spot behind the kick stand. As far as iPhones, first time I ever heard of it.

-Luis

What?

This has nothing to do with the OP.

But yeah people have complained that the EVO LTE bent, but I think that was mostly attributed to the weak spot behind the kick stand. As far as iPhones, first time I ever heard of it.

-Luis

It's not completely unheard of, and it is generally people keeping it in their back pocket and the pocket being situated such that it puts maximum pressure on the center of the phone when they are seated. As phones get lighter and lighter, it may become a larger possibility since you have to remove material to get the size/weight down. Using aluminum, milling it out of a solid piece, and including structural reinforcement bars are the best you can do (and in fact what the iPhone 5/5S do).

You could make the case out of titanium, but I don't see many people clamoring for $2000 phones ;)

That's a feature, your iphone magically updated itself to a new flex version, or were you just sat on it wrong ;) but seriously I'm glad they swapped it for you. 

• Like 1

I thought my iPhone was bent as well, I took it into sprint about two weeks ago and they told me the battery was expanding. They replaced the phone free of charge, kinda scary thinking I had been carrying a phone for 3 months that could explode any minute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My original iPhone 5 bent, that one got stolen & I got a new one. Haven't had an issue with iPhones bending since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

OMG.  When did Apple announce the iPhone S Flex?  Just hope LG doesn't sue for this :P

• Like 2

The iPhone can go get bent. Apparently, yes.

:P

AJ

• Like 2