Sprint to buy PCS spectrum from Revol Wireless

bigsnake49

Lastly, I would not consider USCC's customers as "subprime." They have the highest ARPU of the top 10 carriers, and their new shared postpaid data plans are directly copied from Verizon's. Most choose them because they offer the best coverage where they live (this is particularly true in Iowa), and had great customer service that encouraged brand loyalty.

Not all markets are created equal.  The USCC subs in Chicago and St. Louis were reportedly of a different breed.  And that was one of the problems that contributed to USCC's exit.

AJ

Not all markets are created equal.  The USCC subs in Chicago and St. Louis were reportedly of a different breed.  And that was one of the problems that contributed to USCC's exit.

AJ

Not were, they are. Many of the subs were the absolute low of the low in the sell out markets in comparison to the core USCC markets. I mean so low that no Tier 1 carrier will take them including t-mobile who's very very generous in their credit checkups. That's how bad a good majority of the subs are/were in those markets. 

I cant speak for everwhere but ill say from april to july was the big influx of uscc customers and I cant quote any proof except what i saw, but before and since ive never had so many people get high deposits or just flat declined. Its hard to believe but there are people sprint flat says no to.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Hmm, I confess that seems odd to me. As I mentioned, it's not as if their older Belief plans were the cheapest around. Perhaps given their poor marketshare they were more tolerant than usual when running credit checks in those areas? That combined with the lack of LTE (and thus less incentive to make an upgrade to a smartphone and data plan) likely kept profits down.

• 1 month later...

Update to this story. Revol will officially close up shop in January of 2014. Current Revol customers will be offered a free phone and free month of service through Sprint's Boost Mobile brand.  Also, some Revol wireless stores will be rebranded as Boost Mobile stores.  

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/regional-wireless-carrier-revol-shutter-operations-jan-16-boost-pick-subs/2013-12-17

• Like 6

The bidding credit ghetto??? I must be missing something here....

Sorry, I did not address this question a month ago.  In their original FCC auctions, the PCS C and F block bidding rules were set up to empower entrepreneurial businesses and disadvantaged groups.  This led to a lot of PCS C and F block licenses being won by under capitalized licensees that went bankrupt or by Native American groups that acted as fronts for national providers.

http://wireless.fcc.gov/auctions/default.htm?job=auction_factsheet&id=5

http://wireless.fcc.gov/auctions/default.htm?job=auction_factsheet&id=11

AJ

• Like 3

Apparently revol customers can go to boost for a free phone and free month. Ive already seen several people cone into sprint with messages saying service will end in less then a month and to switch to boost.

Apparently revol customers can go to boost for a free phone and free month. Ive already seen several people cone into sprint with messages saying service will end in less then a month and to switch to boost.

Which phone do they get for free?

Sent from my LG G2.

Wow. That's pretty pathetic. There was no reason for people to go psycho over something so silly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Wow. That's pretty pathetic. There was no reason for people to go psycho over something so silly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

First world problems huh. Like all the fights on black Friday :( Folks sure are interesting.  

Oh, free phones and the streets of Cleveland, what a marriage made in heaven. Little do these folks know they simply need to get their free phone from Obama (sorry, I just couldn't resist the opportunity):

Keep it classy Cleveland...

• Like 4

Little do these folks know they simply need to get their free phone from Obama (sorry, I just couldn't resist the opportunity):

Keep it classy Cleveland...

You should have resisted. Not only is that joke not very accurate, it is overused to the point of actually not having any humor left in it.

Sent from my LG G2.

• Like 6

You should have resisted. Not only is that joke not very accurate, it is overused to the point of actually not having any humor left in it.

Sent from my LG G2.

Right. To fall into line with today's politically correct society, I sincerely apologize for any of you that I may have offended with my post. It was immature to use such a video and I accept full responsibility for my attempt to bring humor to what is otherwise a bleak environment (Cleveland, not S4GRU). Additionally I don't know how I made the connection between free phones and Cleveland....I was way off on that one and again, please accept my apology.

EDIT: yes, this is full of sarcasm. Seriously though, I brought in an old political video which naturally can offend people; if it did then I do apologize. S4GRU has always been a forum that I respect for the overall nature of the discussions and the lack of immature back and forth debates, so I'll accept the fact to that you didn't like my post and refrain from any further debate.

It's always best to avoid political discussions in a public forum. But now, let's get back to making fun of Cleveland...

SMH

On another note, can you imagine if this had happened in Detroit? Egads! And to take a line from the video, "Don't slow down in East Cleveland, or you'll die!" I think the Boost Mobile store referenced in the article was in East Cleveland. :lol:

One last final thought...is there a worse job than being a Boost Mobile store employee in urban Cleveland? I mean...really? Where did you go wrong in life? I would think you would almost have to be sentenced to work there. Gives me a flashback to a laundromat I once went to in Hallandale, Florida. Ask me about that some time.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

On another note, can you imagine if this had happened in Detroit? Egads! And to take a line from the video, "Don't slow down in East Cleveland, or you'll die!" I think the Boost Mobile store referenced in the article was in East Cleveland. :lol:

As a displaced Michigander, I would rather take my chances in Detroit than East Cleveland....

• Like 1

As a displaced Michigander, I would rather take my chances in Detroit than East Cleveland....

I am also a misplaced Michigander. But is this what we've resorted to? What's worse? East Cleveland or Detroit? I could see a YouTube channel set up just to discuss this very critical question for society. Just comparing the two, every day. :hah:

• Like 1

I am also a misplaced Michigander. But is this what we've resorted to? What's worse? East Cleveland or Detroit? I could see a YouTube channel set up just to discuss this very critical question for society. Just comparing the two, every day. :hah:

I'm a misplaced Michigander living in Cleveland...maybe I'll start up the YouTube channel, I have plenty of material.

• Like 4

Well actually there is "east Cleveland" which is just a neighborhood on the east side of Cleveland proper. Then there is East Cleveland which is a suburb of Cleveland. So which one are we talking about here? Just trying to catch up. Lol.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2