Network Vision/LTE - Central Illinois Market (Peoria, Springfield, Quincy, Bloomington/Normal, Terre Haute)

DaQue

I drove last night and found the lincoln and 74 tower to using 4G.  It covers most of CU North of university fairly well.   It goes further south of not blocked by trees or buildings.   Found a strong hot spot by Timpone's restaurant. (reflection off the chemistry lab?). 

Today drove the west side and found the west Springfield tower using 4G.  It covers everything West of prospect well (again it may be blocked by buildings etc...)   in the open areas it works down to Curtis road.   

The tower on Mattis (near Curtis) was not using 4G yet.   All of this is mapped on Sensorly. (may take 24 hours to show up). 

• Like 1

It seems they may have turned on LTE throughout most of the twin Cities. 'Bout time Sprint!!!!!

Sprint has had the equipment in place for a long time. The internet providers have been screwing Sprint over by not delivering fiber on time. Not much Sprint can do about it.

So, it's not "'Bout time Sprint"

It's, "'Bout time CenturyLink!"

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Sprint has had the equipment in place for a long time. The internet providers have been screwing Sprint over by not delivering fiber on time. Not much Sprint can do about it.

So, it's not "'Bout time Sprint"

It's, "'Bout time CenturyLink!"

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'm not sure where all this CenturyLink backhaul is. Their native footprint is very small in this market. I know that's what the docs say, but consider me skeptical.

According to the sprint tower upgrade map the following towers in Champaign now have 4g (or will soon) 

These are confirmed by Sensorly data... 

West Bradley 

North Lincoln

NE of Bradley and Mattis 

West Springfield 

Likely but not confirmed on Sensorly 

East University Ave

Philo road

Not yet functional (as of 9-22)

Downtown Champaign 

Campus

South Neil 

South Mattis 

Does anyone have news? 

Edited by Phil

Downtown tower looks hooked up and work is completed. Still haven't gotten a better signal though like I should. Campus still looks like it's fiber is done. But throughout downtown and campus I'm on the edge of band 26. I almost never see band 25 anywhere. No sight of band 41 at all

Guess that's why I'm always on 26 lol. Last night at a friend house by Bradley and Duncan I disabled band 26 picked up band 25. Did a speed test on both and found band 26 to be over 12mbps down versus band 25 9mbps just wish downtown would get done I pull 2mbps at best

For some reason, I want to say 25 is useda bit more or perhaps there are propagation issues since I'll often hit under 10 and often 3P-4 on the downlink. I'm considering jumping to a Spark phone once all towers are up. Latency has been low though - so, no issues there.

For some reason, I want to say 25 is useda bit more or perhaps there are propagation issues since I'll often hit under 10 and often 3P-4 on the downlink. I'm considering jumping to a Spark phone once all towers are up. Latency has been low though - so, no issues there.

Don't get the galaxy s5 I'm on my third one and still having problems

Band 25 has more users currently, so speeds are often going to be slower than B26.

Don't get the galaxy s5 I'm on my third one and still having problems

Get a G3! ;)

The G3 is good you say? I know the G2 has worked well for my sister and her fiance.

The G3 is very good. Several steps above the G2. I would be using it as my daily driver, but I temporarily switched back to my N5 for network monitoring since it is rooted and my G3 is not (don't feel like rooting right now).

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6006-lg-g3/page-54?p=367022&do=findComment&comment=367022