Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

They also overlap in Staunton and Harrisonburg. 4g is already available for ntelos customers in those areas.

Shentel does not have wireless service in Staunton, as far as I can tell. But you're absolutely correct about Harrisonburg. That's where their HQ is.

Had some 4g signal intermittently today in Lynchburg near LU... a sign of good things to come hopefully. Unfortunately it was gone before I could do any testing. <_<

On a Sprint device? BTW, Liberty alum here.

12e400ff80fc537cdc10d3c2f872d7fc.jpg

• Like 1

On a Sprint device? BTW, Liberty alum here.

12e400ff80fc537cdc10d3c2f872d7fc.jpg

Unfortunately for you guys I am on ntelos..... no world on when they will allow sprint customers onto the network.. I would assume they will wait until they have most of the towers active with LTE.

Unfortunately for you guys I am on ntelos..... no world on when they will allow sprint customers onto the network.. I would assume they will wait until they have most of the towers active with LTE.

If that is the case then it could very well be another year to a year and a half.....................

Omg... i swear if by the end of this contrat of 6 years and i still not have 4g i am done with them

Can't blame ya. Mine was 9 years and I just left for AT&T 30gig double/rollover data. Couldn't be happier. Had 4 lines. I moved 3 out to att and kept one to sprint Edited by Boost Happy

I spoke with a rep this morning and they gave me the same line "this is a large upgrade... we can't give a specific timeline... blah blah blah".  When I talked to a tech in July 2014 he said that work was supposed to start in August and be finished by late September.  smh

I spoke with a rep this morning and they gave me the same line "this is a large upgrade... we can't give a specific timeline... blah blah blah".  When I talked to a tech in July 2014 he said that work was supposed to start in August and be finished by late September.  smh

Reps are pretty much useless, I wouldn't waste my time asking them anything (let alone sharing it since, again, most of them are full of you-know-what).

If you're in nTelos-land and have Sprint you have options:

1. You can stick with the better overall coverage footprint and low prices Sprint offers (despite the LTE caveats).

2. You can switch to T-Mobile or a T-Mo MVNO and get some LTE coverage but a much smaller overall coverage footprint for similar prices as you pay with Sprint.

3. You can cough up more dough for service with one of the Duopoly and get LTE coverage and a good coverage footprint, albeit for a lot more $$.

Not to be too terse but I hate that about half the time I check on this thread to see if nTelos has made any progress I am instead confronted with a bunch of complaining and self-pity.

C'mon guys!

• Like 1

I get tired of waiting... i have had them 6 years at the end of this contract and am hopeing they get lte by then

That's great, I've had them for 11 years. If you are tired of waiting I'd switch, otherwise better just to post about improvements/developments one has noticed in nTelos-land. I get excited everything I see life on the thread only to open it and see people complaining about the state of LTE in nTelos-land or Sprint in general. I assure you we all feel the same way but this really isn't the place to be venting.

• Like 2

Just to keep up with changes being made. We had LTE last week. They turn it off every where in roanoke. Right now we are experiencing the dropping of unusable 3G to 1x. I assume it is continuing upgrades to the towers for downtown roanoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will probably need to shut individual towers down as they upgrade. Service will degrade some when they do that. When Shentel was replacing equipment here, calls dropped quite often. Once the work is done though, it'll be worth it.

Sent from my Note 4.