Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

LTE is in roanoke, va far as I can tell..

See my signal checker.. This was off plantation road

Probably still in testing as to why there is no data. So this should be band 25 right? Can you post a screen shot from the engineering screen please! This is very exciting hopefully they open it up to Sprint very soon but progress is good oh if you dont know how to get to the engineering screen here you go

To get to the lte engineering screen open up your dialer and do

##DEBUG# (33284)

Hopefully your not prompted for a password I dont know the nTelos code (sprint being 777468)

Edited by GBtopgear

36b3c90492979de9d92131917e66faca.jpg

At 520 I got this in the cave spring area at 524 it switched back to 3G and can't get lte back but not bad so much better than .5 on a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on Ntelos! were rooting for ya! The sooner they open it up to Sprint customers the better but i guess from the looks of things its still in very early testing oh well better than speculation!

• Like 1

Those speeds are really disappointing compared to AT&T and Verizon

Well at the same time nTelos is about 1% of the size of AT&T and Verizon as well as Sprint And Tmobile and really is there any difference on a phone if its getting 10-15Mbps or if its getting 30-40Mbps? what matters is consistency but this is where as i'm sure most of you know nTelos and Even sprint struggle. One moment its between 0.2-0.5 the next its 1.3-1.7 Am I satisfied with the Amount of money im paying?for the most part yeah, it is unlimited but here is the main reason why as im sure many of us here in nTelos land stick with them. Verizon, AT&T, and U.S Cellular with their share your wallet plans™ are way over my budget, with TMO you either have blazing fast speeds or unusable edge (witch is changing pretty fast ifImay add) which leaves Sprint/nTelos. Sure its only 3G but MOST of the time it does what it asked to do. Will you be streaming at 720P, no but at least its unlimited and a mostly fair price. Sorry for my off-topicness. 

• Like 3

When your trying to show a buddy a crappy highly compressed video on Facebook but has to wait to buffer every few seconds and he pulls anything up instantly, then no it's not tolerable enough to care about unlimited data.

Sprint in Richmond was nice, but that will never happen here in nTelos land

When your trying to show a buddy a crappy highly compressed video on Facebook but has to wait to buffer every few seconds and he pulls anything up instantly, then no it's not tolerable enough to care about unlimited data.

Sprint in Richmond was nice, but that will never happen here in nTelos land

How can ntelos suck so much in 2015?

Sprint seems to have updated there maps today. Seems like some areas on i64 in Albemarle County seem to have been lit up. I will be going through this area next sunday and will test it out and see if I pick anything up. 

post-26551-0-86659700-1422239801_thumb.png

post-26551-0-39597600-1422239803_thumb.png

post-26551-0-65054100-1422239804_thumb.png

That's the extreme western extent of native Sprint here. I haven't driven through that area lately, but SC Pro has yet to give the audible alert for LTE. I did drive to Staunton this weekend, and didn't get any LTE through Waynesboro, either, even though the map shows some spotty LTE there.

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5 :-D

So a cpuple things on ntelos. 1st they turned on some 4g in parts of Roanoke. Then there is this http://www.wsls.com/story/27965403/ntelos-cuts-jobs-in-daleville-and-waynesboro

Well since they're losing almost half of their current customers, I am almost a little surprised that this didn't happen sooner. Also would anyone know why sprint users in Roanoke still havent been able to connect to nTelos' new 4G since they *should* be using the new sprint network vision gear here unlike in the Becky, Parkersburg, and Waynesboro markets? 

An update on NTelos' LTE plans.

Sprint (NYSE: S) wholesale partner nTelos Wireless said it will expand LTE service to 81,000 of its wireless customers in Roanoke, Va., and Charleston W.Va. The attention on those markets and the network expansion comes two months after nTelos said it would sell off its spectrum and its retail business in markets in eastern Virginia, known as its "Eastern Markets," to focus on its "Western Markets" in western Virginia and West Virginia where it has a stronger retail presence and benefits from a network deal with Sprint.

In a statement, nTelos said the LTE network enhancement for Roanoke and Charleston is part of its "4G for All" expansion, and includes LTE deployment across 26 cell sites. This deployment will be the first in a series of nearly 300 LTE site launches the company has planned across its Western Markets in 2015. NTelos already has nine of its markets covered with LTE: Beckley, Bluefield, Parkersburg, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Winchester, Woodstock and Hagerstown.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/ntelos-expand-lte-network-virginia-and-west-virginia/2015-02-02?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Editor&utm_campaign=SocialMedia

• Like 2

Interesting on that NTelos story I just posted.  Woodstock and Winchester are also Shentel territory. Didn't realize NTelos had markets that overlapped with Shentel.