Market Launches have Slowed Down?

Is it me, or has it been forever since Sprint's officially "launched" a new LTE market? i know they're constantly upgrading towers and when it reaches about 40% saturation in a given market they launch it, but I feel like AT&T seems to be launching markets every other week while Sprint hasn't made an announcement since July 30... 1.5 months ago. Isn't that awhile?

Is it me, or has it been forever since Sprint's officially "launched" a new LTE market? i know they're constantly upgrading towers and when it reaches about 40% saturation in a given market they launch it, but I feel like AT&T seems to be launching markets every other week while Sprint hasn't made an announcement since July 30... 1.5 months ago. Isn't that awhile?

You must have missed this thread:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4644-sprint-launching-lte-in-oklahoma-city-corpus-christi-sheboygan-wi-and-others-coming-soon/

Robert

• Like 2

I thought they would have sent the press release today with the maps already updated but maybe tomorrow. Unless you are waiting to call in a ticket on a site it doesn't have much bearing of course.

• Like 2

I thought they would have sent the press release today with the maps already updated but maybe tomorrow. Unless you are waiting to call in a ticket on a site it doesn't have much bearing of course.

It doesn't have much bearing unless you work in marketing. Then it matters quite a bit.

• Like 1

Sprint "launches" a new round of cities roughly every month. Sometimes it's 5 weeks, sometimes 3 weeks between announcements.

Maybe they want to come in with a huge number of markets added? Instead of getting beat up by the media, blogs and competitor press releases.

Remember, it's all about perspective now.

• Like 1

My city wisconsin rapids i even though town is 100 percent complete all towers are upgraded (granted there are only 4 lol). Just hasn't been launched til nowish.

If Sprint announces new markets today, it would have been six weeks since it last announced new markets (http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-turns-up-4g-lte-in-41-more-locations-expands-lte-coverage-to-151-markets.htm

).

Maybe they want to come in with a huge number of markets added? Instead of getting beat up by the media, blogs and competitor press releases.

Remember, it's all about perspective now.

We already know which cities they are going to launch next. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4644-sprint-launching-lte-in-oklahoma-city-corpus-christi-sheboygan-wi-and-others-coming-soon/