Sprint slightly lowers upgrade now price

No_name

As you can see on the screen shot the price went down $ 25 for each tier. The program still requires trading in your old device, which will lower these upgrade now prices depending on the value of your buyback.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

post-23090-13777292921359_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

As you can see on the screen shot the price went down $ 25 for each tier. The program still requires trading in your old device, which will lower these upgrade now prices depending on the value of your buyback.

Good first step in the right direction to help compete.  But I think I want to see something even a little more directly competitive to the other carriers early upgrade plans.  Perhaps offering these fees to be divided into monthly payments that count towards paying off these fees?

Robert

• Like 8

It would make things more uniform. We regularly get people that are pissed because care tells them about it, but then go the indirect store here and are shitty when they can't do it and God forbid they have to drive 10 minutes to the corporate store so we can do early upgrade.

I love the idea of being able to upgrade early, but the thing that turns me off about the competitors is that, I'm paying full price for the device, rather it be later than sooner, I still don't want to pay full retail. The Upgrade Now is a solution, but still not amazing.

Is the cost for the month 22-24 early upgrade still $50 or have they also subtracted that by $25?

At 20 months you get a full upgrade. I'm not sure why it says 21, possibly because some people are on an old contract and 22 month upgrade schedule.

It would make things more uniform. We regularly get people that are pissed because care tells them about it, but then go the indirect store here and are shitty when they can't do it and God forbid they have to drive 10 minutes to the corporate store so we can do early upgrade. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I don't know about other markets, but it's actually a rather large problem here in West Michigan, along with other things only corporate stores can do. There are 21 stores in the "Greater Grand Rapids" area. 4 are corporate stores. 81% of stores around here shrug and say "Yeah we can't do that." Most people have no idea the difference, and assume, since there's the Sprint logo on the wall, it's all the same.

People will complain about just about anything, especially a 10 minute drive inconvenience.

I don't know about other markets, but it's actually a rather large problem here in West Michigan, along with other things only corporate stores can do. There are 21 stores in the "Greater Grand Rapids" area. 4 are corporate stores. 81% of stores around here shrug and say "Yeah we can't do that." Most people have no idea the difference, and assume, since there's the Sprint logo on the wall, it's all the same.

People will complain about just about anything, especially a 10 minute drive inconvenience.

Outside of asking one of the employees working there, how would one know if it is a corporate store or not?

I haven't paid much attention to this program and how it works. So lets say I have had my phone for 12 months and want to get a new one. I pay 200 plus the price of the phone minus the trade in value of my current phone? Is that how it works?

Well it is listed on Sprint.com as Sprint store by wireless express, where as corporate stores say Sprint store in the website.

Next on the door it will say preferred retailer and Sprint by wireless express. Where as a Sprint corporate site will just say Sprint.

Wireless express is just an example of one if the retailers here in Indiana.

And a final way to tell is corporate stores do not charge for cash bill pays where as retailers charge you 4-5 because they have to use a third party for those payments.

I haven't paid much attention to this program and how it works. So lets say I have had my phone for 12 months and want to get a new one. I pay 200 plus the price of the phone minus the trade in value of my current phone? Is that how it works?

Yes say you have a iPhone 4s and want a 5. It would be 200(iPhone) + 200 (upgrade now) -140 (trade in value of iPhone 4s =$260 to get a iPhone 5.

The frustrating part is being in a market where there just AREN'T any corporate stores unless you want to drive for 2 or more hours.

Outside of asking one of the employees working there, how would one know if it is a corporate store or not?

Like Rocket87 said, the easiest way is to go to storelocator.sprint.com, type in your area, and look. Any store that says "...by Galactic Communications" isn't. Just "Sprint Store"? Yep.

The frustrating part is being in a market where there just AREN'T any corporate stores unless you want to drive for 2 or more hours.

That's gotta lead to confusion and anger.

For the record, it seems Account Services (aka the "Save Desk") has a separate, very similar offer that can be applied to the bill, and does not require a trade-in of the phone. Appears to be limited to them, and without a direct number (which you can find with some searching) or good old flipping out, good luck talking to them.

Like Rocket87 said, the easiest way is to go to storelocator.sprint.com, type in your area, and look. Any store that says "...by Galactic Communications" isn't. Just "Sprint Store"? Yep. That's gotta lead to confusion and anger.For the record, it seems Account Services (aka the "Save Desk") has a separate, very similar offer that can be applied to the bill, and does not require a trade-in of the phone. Appears to be limited to them, and without a direct number (which you can find with some searching) or good old flipping out, good luck talking to them.

It the same exact offer the store has, except Account Services can bill the charge and they don't require selling back your phone,,,

Like Rocket87 said, the easiest way is to go to storelocator.sprint.com, type in your area, and look. Any store that says "...by Galactic Communications" isn't. Just "Sprint Store"? Yep.

That's gotta lead to confusion and anger.

For the record, it seems Account Services (aka the "Save Desk") has a separate, very similar offer that can be applied to the bill, and does not require a trade-in of the phone. Appears to be limited to them, and without a direct number (which you can find with some searching) or good old flipping out, good luck talking to them.

Thanks, both of the stores that I would go to are corporate, so that makes me feel a little better for some reason.

The only Sprint store here is an affiliate store and not corporate. I would have to drive an hour away from the Sprint store here to find one. Plus, I didn't know the difference at first, either. Generally speaking, when the average person sees the logo all over the walls and windows it looks like it belongs to that company. It's not like you have Walmart or McDonald's affiliates, so people assume it's the same thing. To tell you the truth, I never knew this program existed until now. I wish I did, I could be using an LTE phone by now.

The only Sprint store here is an affiliate store and not corporate. I would have to drive an hour away from the Sprint store here to find one. Plus, I didn't know the difference at first, either. Generally speaking, when the average person sees the logo all over the walls and windows it looks like it belongs to that company. It's not like you have Walmart or McDonald's affiliates, so people assume it's the same thing. To tell you the truth, I never knew this program existed until now. I wish I did, I could be using an LTE phone by now.

Actually, most fast food restaurants are franchises and can choose not to participate in most promotions. Most do to increase customers coming in from the national advertising, but they are not required to in most cases.

Actually, most fast food restaurants are franchises and can choose not to participate in most promotions. Most do to increase customers coming in from the national advertising, but they are not required to in most cases.

It's not really the same situation. Preferred retailers don't have a choice of what promotions they're participating in; if there's a Galaxy S4 BOGO, you're going to offer it and the signage is going to be in your store, period. Similarly, they don't have an option to participate in promotions like the Upgrade Now offer. It would be like going to a franchise McDonald's store, asking for the McRib, and getting told that that's only at Corporate McDonald's stores, we aren't allowed to offer it, you're going to have to drive another 10 miles if you want it. Sorry.

• Like 2

What is the best way to approach this? I haven't upgraded my line in quite a long time. My wife's phone is completely dieing.

Call care or go to corporate store and ask. If they act like they don't know what you are talking about they are idiots don't want commission.

If they open up you account on.the upper left of their screen are all your phone numbers. Under each number is that numbers promotions such as "add a tablet" ,"add an doc" and if you have it the third offer down will say "upgrade now $150" or what ever price tier you are at.

Call care or go to corporate store and ask. If they act like they don't know what you are talking about they are idiots don't want commission.

If they open up you account on.the upper left of their screen are all your phone numbers. Under each number is that numbers promotions such as "add a tablet" ,"add an doc" and if you have it the third offer down will say "upgrade now $150" or what ever price tier you are at.

Thank you.