Sprint slightly lowers upgrade now price

No_name

Interestingly, the Sprint website now seems to be offering "upgrade now" pricing. Looks like it's putting me in the $150 tier (I'm 122 days from being eligible on the 20-month cycle).

Great observation... Just caught this on my account as well.  Attempted to upgrade a line not due until 3/2014 and was shown adjusted pricing based on adding a $200 "Upgrade Now" fee.  It IS prompting me to sell my note 2 back to sprint for $125 , which is clearly profitable for them.  The cart automatically does this, but I was also able to take the buyback out of the cart and still see the "upgrade now" pricing.  So for example, with roughly six months in a contract, I'm being shown a $399 upgrade price for the GS4.   That represents a $200 premium over the 2 year upgrade price.  Its a step in the right direction.  They're not ever going to convince me to sell back valuable devices for peanuts, but I'd say its time for a press release on this being a website feature ;)

• Like 1

Great observation... Just caught this on my account as well. Attempted to upgrade a line not due until 3/2014 and was shown adjusted pricing based on adding a $200 "Upgrade Now" fee. It IS prompting me to sell my note 2 back to sprint for $125 , which is clearly profitable for them. The cart automatically does this, but I was also able to take the buyback out of the cart and still see the "upgrade now" pricing. So for example, with roughly six months in a contract, I'm being shown a $399 upgrade price for the GS4. That represents a $200 premium over the 2 year upgrade price. Its a step in the right direction. They're not ever going to convince me to sell back valuable devices for peanuts, but I'd say its time for a press release on this being a website feature ;)

Not sure how it works online but in store if you don't sell back your device when doing upgrade now it gets tagged at stolen/lost.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• 4 weeks later...

Went to another Sprint store, they still offer the Upgrade Now. Seems like only some reps know about it.

Were both corp stores? It's under a person's number on the left side of the account. If they are working at a corp store and can't see it they are idiots.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free

Can anybody confirm this is still an option? I'd rather do this than the one up program and I didn't see it on sprints site

You should be able to go to your account home page on sprint.com and there should be a green circle with an exclamation point. that will tell you what you qualify for.