What is up with this site?

I live near a flagpole site that I fear may be a GMO (Not because it is a flagpole, but because it will not be serviced). It has fiber backhaul (Windstream) and it has new Alca-Lu RRUs. The odd part is that the site has small, thin (Thinner than normal Alca-Lu RRUs) grey boxes with 800 RRU stickers on them, legacy base station equipment, and that the site has not been visited in months. Thoughts?

http://www.imgur.com/a/p88Jj

I live near a flagpole site that I fear may be a GMO (Not because it is a flagpole, but because it will not be serviced). It has fiber backhaul (Windstream) and it has new Alca-Lu RRUs. The odd part is that the site has small, thin (Thinner than normal Alca-Lu RRUs) grey boxes with 800 RRU stickers on them, legacy base station equipment, and that the site has not been visited in months. Thoughts?

http://www.imgur.com/a/p88Jj

If those are indeed PCS and SMR RRUs there ( I can't really tell for sure ) then what you have is not a GMO, but rather a ground mounted full build - which means it gets the full NV treatment, they just can't mount the RRUs next to the antennas like is preferred. However, if you're sure there are no new cabinets, that's odd. 

• Like 2

If those are indeed PCS and SMR RRUs there ( I can't really tell for sure ) then what you have is not a GMO, but rather a ground mounted full build - which means it gets the full NV treatment, they just can't mount the RRUs next to the antennas like is preferred. However, if you're sure there are no new cabinets, that's odd. 

I have seen new antennas be mounted and be cabled to ground mounted RRU's.  Then the contractor leaves. Weeks later a new base station cabinet shows up and then it gets all connected up.  Sometimes the back-haul is there and sometimes it is not.

When you see this situation, normally you still see the old Legacy antennas and the old base station cabinet sitting there providing the service.  The photos are not complete enough to accurately diagnose this situation.

• Like 2

Alcatel-Lucent refits their legacy cabinets. Rarely do they drop in new cabinets (other than a new backup battery cabinet) unless it's a really old mod 1 / mod 2 cabinet. 

• Like 2

Yay! I have hope now! Yeah, I assumed that there was barely room up there for the antennas, definitely not the RRUs.

I have seen a stealth flagpole up real real close as they worked on it. It simply was not capable of holding the RRU's because of the bulk that was involved.   The RRU's were mounted at the bottom of the flagpole on the ground. The new base station cabinet was actually 50 feet away from the flagpole.

In this case, they actually brought in a trailer mounted crank up tower and connected the legacy base station to it while they installed the new antennas on the stealth flagpole.