Everything LTE-A

TD lte is LTE A.

Clearwire's LTE network is LTE-A ready.

LTE Advanced

LTE Advanced is a 4G technical standard that calls for peak download mobile speeds of at least 100 Mbps, which far exceeds today's commercial networks. Our LTE network will be "LTE Advanced-ready" meaning that it will use an ultra-high-capacity spectrum configuration that is superior to the typical configuration of the slower, more capacity-constrained commercial LTE network designs in the United States today.

This will include the use of multicarrier, or multichannel, wideband radios that will be carrier aggregation capable. Carrier aggregation is a key feature of LTE Advanced that will enable us to further leverage our vast spectrum depth to create larger "fat pipes" for deploying mobile broadband service.

http://www.clearwire.com/company/featured-story

I know.. But for Sprint, We are calling LTE A TD LTE because its more than LTE A

Huh?  LTE LTD BVD DVD CD VD...

AJ

• Like 7

Is clearwire building out in all major markets?

Do you mean will 2500 be used in all markets?  Sprint now owns Clear.  

I would think Sprint only needs to do 2500 only where capacity is needed.  That is if 800/1900 hits some level of utilization for a particular site (or is expected to already be high), they deploy 2500.  

Do you mean will 2500 be used in all markets?  Sprint now owns Clear.  

I would think Sprint only needs to do 2500 only where capacity is needed.  That is if 800/1900 hits some level of utilization for a particular site (or is expected to already be high), they deploy 2500.  

I think Sprint needs to be proactive/aggressive in rolling out 2500 to compete with the other carriers. Hopefully, it'll increase the overall speeds being dragged down by heavy usage customers and cities with high population densities. I want FASTER SPEEDS NOW damnit!!

I don't care much about the carrier aggregation or OFDMA uplink features, but are NV 1.0 at minimum 4x4 MIMO capable? The spectral efficiency benefits there should be large.

I think Sprint needs to be proactive/aggressive in rolling out 2500 to compete with the other carriers. Hopefully, it'll increase the overall speeds being dragged down by heavy usage customers and cities with high population densities. I want FASTER SPEEDS NOW damnit!!

I translated this post to the following.

Baby crying, "mom The jones' speed is faster than mine. I want faster speed so I can have faster speed. Give it to me. My current LTE is working just fine but his is faster!"

Hahaha

I don't care much about the carrier aggregation or OFDMA uplink features, but are NV 1.0 at minimum 4x4 MIMO capable? The spectral efficiency benefits there should be large.

According to the Iyad Tarazi, NV is capable of 4x4, but I believe that is apart of the LTE-Advanced phase. 

• Like 1

We call posters like this "Veruca Salt."  And, oh, I see Veruca wants her faster speeds NOW...

AJ

• Like 2

Even if it was, you'd need to wait for Cat 5 UE in order to utilize it.

Cat 3, 4 chipsets support 2x2 only.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So I'm confused, are we currently speculating snapdragon 800 devices, like the Note 3 might be, will have LTE-A capability on Sprint? Or are devices in the near future going to work like the hotspots and only use one slice of 20mhz TD-LTE?

LTE-A isn't a single feature or a switch that you turn on and instantly get 1Gbps peak rates. It's many tools in the toolbox combined to provide a better network experience.

Snapdragon 800 for instance supports one of the tools, Carrier Aggregation, and aggregates two separate non contiguous LTE bands doubling the throughput. That said, it only supports up to two 10Mhz Downlink channels so you're effectively achieving peak rates of a single 20Mhz LTE downlink channel. Verizon for instance can achieve the same peak throughput without Carreir Aggregation since they have contiguous 40Mhz of AWS in many markets east of Mississippi. Because of that, they don't need to rush with CA as much as lets say AT&T. Besides, battery life will certainly be shorter on CA devices. See my point?

• Like 1

LTE is just a marketing term. 

LTE-Advanced is just a marketing term. 

"4G" as well, just marketing. 

Carrier aggregation, spectral efficiency of TDD vs FDD,&2x2 MIMO are the most notable features to me.  

LTE is just a marketing term.

What would you have them call it? 4G was inappropriately used up on Wimax and Hspa+, and they didn't have the temerity to call it "5G."

I'm curious what they'll call LTE-A (the first actual 4G network) when that arrives. Probably just "our new, more advanced 4G LTE network."

What would you have them call it? 4G was inappropriately used up on Wimax and Hspa+, and they didn't have the temerity to call it "5G."

I'm curious what they'll call LTE-A (the first actual 4G network) when that arrives. Probably just "our new, more advanced 4G LTE network."

Let's call it "UHSWIAVMID"

Ultra high speed wireless internet access via mobile internet device.

Really make it a head scratcher.

What would you have them call it? 4G was inappropriately used up on Wimax and Hspa+...

Inappropriate for WiMAX, no.  Inappropriate for HSPA+, yes.

AJ

• Like 1

Inappropriate for WiMAX, no.  Inappropriate for HSPA+, yes.

AJ

Mobile WiMAX (802.16e) does not meet IMT-Advanced specs for what is now termed "true 4G" (after bending to marketing pressure from the carriers to obfuscate the reality). Only WiMax-Advanced (802.16m, or Wimax Release 2) and LTE-A (release 10 and up) qualify. All current LTE deployments are still technically 3G transitional technologies (or pre-4G, if you prefer), until updated to Release 10 or higher.

If you want to call Sprint's WiMax "4G", then it follows that HSPA+ can also be called that. I personally believe the term "faux-G" is best for those.

Mobile WiMAX (802.16e) does not meet IMT-Advanced specs for what is now termed "true 4G" (after bending to marketing pressure from the carriers to obfuscate the reality). Only WiMax-Advanced (802.16m, or Wimax Release 2) and LTE-A (release 10 and up) qualify. All current LTE deployments are still technically 3G transitional technologies (or pre-4G, if you prefer), until updated to Release 10 or higher.

OFDMA and all IP -- those are the real dictates (or what they should be) for "4G."  WiMAX meets them.  HSPA+ does not.  It is not OFDMA, and it still supports circuit switched voice.  Basing "3G," "4G," or whatever "G" on speeds, potential speeds at that, is just plain stupid.

AJ

The latest marketing term that annoys the crap out of me seems to be "Dual LTE MIMO" that I'm seeing on Moto X leaks, and  Ubuntu EDGE. According to the leaks it "increases the speeds"... wow...

Not only that Category 3 and 4 baseband chipsets can't process more than 2x2 MIMO with spatial multiplexing, but also pretty much every phone since HTC Thunderbolt had at least 2 separate LTE antennas, which Release 8 mandates.

• Like 1