Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

Ni

Dan can either be the hero that was on top when Sprint finally turned the page. Or he can be the last relic of the old and dead Sprint. The choice is his. But I don't think Son has much attention span or patience. And in that regard, he does not fit the Japanese stereotype. Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

So, so accurate. Im dreading the 4th quarter 2013 and year end numbers being announced. Between Hesse saying he hates to see customers leave because of nv and Son's joltingly blunt statement about sprints complacency, I am shocked Hesse didnt see the NV related backlash coming and take steps to improve the response by either providing consistent loyalty rewards for customers who experienced lengthy NV outages or at least improve the reps handling of blame. If I know a site has a big nv created problem that has persisted for 2 months, other sprint users have the same problem, and you tell me 1) our system shows no issues and 2) the ticket was closed - What am I supposed to believe? S4gru.com members know it will eventually be fixed. But the average customer? Tells them to expect the crap for a long, long time. If Hesse was paying attention to the running churn numbers and care ticket volume, I think he could have been more creative to prevent those customers with issues from giving up on sprint. Instead we got the MW plans, catering only to single lines and hosing family plan rates and care buckled down, making fewer timeframe promises (in my experience) and flat out refusing to push issues any higher "its just NV". Hesse is smarter than that. I think he wants to deliver Son this perfect, gorgeous and profitable network and the "if they are gonna leave, let them, they'll be missing out on the awesome finished product" mentality got him and the rest of the execs hollered at. Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

thats nothing you shouldn't have already expected. 800 will have to be largely complete before people nationally start to even think sprint has good coverage. Spark will have to be a reality in a lot of places before people take them seriously in terms of speeds.

And then they need lots of devices that support all three bands and don't have fallback issues due to the network vision changeover.

Yes, that's going to take at the minimum a year. Closer to two for sure.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-15/t-mobile-pricing-seen-as-obstacle-for-any-sprint-merger.html?cmpid=yhoo

T-Mobile US Inc. (TMUS)’s pricing strategy is a potential roadblock for any Sprint Corp. (S) takeover attempt because U.S. regulators want to preserve a maverick wireless company that offers subscribers lower rates.

I still say that Sprint/SoftBank should choose the AT&T/VZW route to growth (hopefully without becoming nearly as evil) and take the money that they may have been think of buying a stake in T-Mobile with and instead use it to buy several smaller carriers i.e. USCC, C-Spire, nTelos, etc. In effect, buy customers. T-Mobile is essentially buying customers with their latest promotion, so why not?

• Like 4

The issue there is in my area, there's nothing for Sprint to purchase. We have the usual four, minus T-MOBILE in rural/not so rural places around..and your normal prepaid carriers like net 10 and Wal-Mart phones....that's it tho. If they want more coverage here, they have little choice but co locate or build new sites.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The issue there is in my area, there's nothing for Sprint to purchase. We have the usual four, minus T-MOBILE in rural/not so rural places around..and your normal prepaid carriers like net 10 and Wal-Mart phones....that's it tho. If they want more coverage here, they have little choice but co locate or build new sites.

Then you lose out. Case closed. On to the next regional carrier.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Then you lose out. Case closed. On to the next regional carrier.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Robert, did you mean to say this...

YOULOSE.jpg

• Like 5

Might as well, vzw will remain the only LTE carrier I can get, maybe at&t later this year since they own the tower that vzw sits on. Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Wait, AT&T and VZ still own towers?

Maybe not own, but they definitely lease on it.

I can guarantee you that many tower operators would welcome any additional leases they can handle. Regardless of who else is already on the site.

• Like 1

Well here in my area we have bluegrass wireless and it would be nice if they bought them out cause theu have more towers and coverage than anyone in southern kentucky.

Well here in my area we have bluegrass wireless and it would be nice if they bought them out cause theu have more towers and coverage than anyone in southern kentucky.

Too late. If I recall correctly, Bluegrass is part of VZW's insidious LTE in Rural America program. VZW will acquire Bluegrass in the coming years. Mark my words.

AJ

• Like 3

I can guarantee you that many tower operators would welcome any additional leases they can handle. Regardless of who else is already on the site.

I actually contacted SBC via email and offered part of my land as available, since I'm less than a hundred feet from the at&t dslam, the corner of my property that's right next to the hut would be a great site, plus I'm on a pretty decent grade. A little more on the equipment side in the hut and at&t can offer u-verse, plus offer LTE on their tower when they install the equipment.

Obviously I can access this tower rather easily if I ever need to, it's exactly 9/10 of a mile from me, and my best friend from school lives directly in front of the tower. He and I could walk to it anytime.

I seriously doubted that SBC would take me up on my offer, with a tower that close, but never hurts to offer and they saved my email for future reference.

Fiber is definitely not a prob where I am tho, there's two 24 pair lines they dug up my driveway back in 1996 and installed.

I just talked with an at&t tech a week ago when my DSL went down, due to someone that lived before my connection having DSL and being cut off, it caused major prob in my line..and he cut me dead so I didn't go 2000 feet past the dslam then into my home, now I come d directly from the dslam and I'm first on the line.

Yea they are part of the rural lte program but doesnt someone else own the 700mjz here besides at&t. Ithought it was c spire. But i dont know who uses it.

Verizon owns the upper 700Mhz C block nationwide (also called the 750Mhz band). They sold their Lower 700 Mhz spectrum to TMobile. Lower 700 is owned by a variety of carriers.

Yea but from what i can tell c spire owns part of the 700mhz in southern kentucky down in to tennessee and nashville.

That has nothing to do with Bluegrass, though.  You want Sprint to acquire Bluegrass, but that ship has sailed.  Bluegrass is effectively a VZW affiliate now.

AJ

Do you know if here like bgky if there is enough pcs spectrumto deploy another 5mhz lte carrier or ate we at our limits. I looked through pages of fcc maps and data but it was hard for me to tell what we had here.

The 5x5 on sprint won't hold for very long. They need to find a way to get 8*8 or 10*10 PCS 1900

Yep, all over the city I see less than 1 megabit speeds in the last few months. We had 15x15 up until they sold 5x5 to AT&T a few years ago. So i doubt I will see another PCS carrier in this area anytime soon. B41 will be a long way away since it will have to be built from scratch and that means a lot of new sites to make it work. Hopefully 800LTE will be a bandaid for this for a bit.

Will 800 lte be a mass update by mid year to the majority of sites? Im guessing they are still testing and stuff reason why nobodys been able to connect to it and so forth. Is thete anywhere to check to see if a certain market bta or whatever has completed the rebanding process? If someone could point me in the right direction id appreciate it ive looked at fcc website but its very complicated.

The 5x5 on sprint won't hold for very long. They need to find a way to get 8*8 or 10*10 PCS 1900

Wow, I had no idea that Terrell is a member of 3GPP and secured approval of a new 8 MHz FDD bandwidth configuration.

AJ

• Like 2

Just saying. They need to do something. LTE 800 would be a nice remedy but they are waiting on some magical launch date. For some reason I doubt network vision band 41 will go as smooth as some may think. Sprint didn't even have 80 wimax sites so 20 of the 100 cities will need more towers and thats just as hard as nv 1.0. More capacity on 1900 pcs would be really good for them.

Wow, I had no idea that Terrell is a member of 3GPP and secured approval of a new 8 MHz FDD bandwidth configuration.

AJ

AJ

Isn't 8 possible in a 5 + 3 arrangement? Not that it matters, because if they 8 contiguous MHz they probably have at least 10.