Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

http://m.seekingalpha.com/news/1550471

Sprint is now close on getting $45B in financing for T-Mo.

I hope not.  I really don't.  I'm excited as to what it could be, but scared of what it likely will be.

Robert

• Like 13

http://m.seekingalpha.com/news/1550471

Sprint is now close on getting $45B in financing for T-Mo.

Sure hoping TMO just doesn't just get another huge payout.

And then there are things like this which make me cringe.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/technology/the-administration-is-on-t-mobile-s-porch-with-a-shotgun-20140203

Edit: added the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's under Forsee "leadership" - he thought WiMAX was going to rule all. It's amazing how off he was on his vision and how Sprint is STILL paying for the mistakes he made.

Funny you say that I was just looking through the slides from the Oct 2011 meeting on NV and the second slide has a quote from Warren Buffet talking about idiots running the company and how he buys stocks from companies that can be run by idiots... It made me chuckle.

I think the best plan is for Sprint to just start gunning everyone down with TD-LTE, expand it all over their footprint on every freaking cell, and bludgeon T-Mobile with it until 2017, when a Republican FCC that is pro-business approves a buyout of a bandwidth outgunned TMUS. Furthermore Sprint should be fully VoLTE 3GPP by then which would solve integration headaches.

• Like 11

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101393198?__source=yahoo%257cfinance%257cheadline%257cheadline%257cstory&par=yahoo&doc=101393198%257cSprint+passes+%2445B+hat+fo

Interesting how this article says that Sprint wants a deal before their earnings release next week.

If something is announced, imagine how insufferable Legere will be at that press conference. It makes my head hurt.

If something is announced, imagine how insufferable Legere will be at that press conference. It makes my head hurt.

But will they make him wear a coat and tie?

AJ

• Like 1

Maybe they should make him wear an Oto-san costume.

...while riding on top of a small horse, since Legere loves the dog and pony show.

AJ

• Like 4

I hope not.  I really don't.  I'm excited as to what it could be, but scared of what it likely will be.

Robert

$45 billion.. imagine what kind of build-out they could accomplish with that kind of money. I-90 would be blanketed with B41 from coast to coast in no time ;)

I think the best plan is for Sprint to just start gunning everyone down with TD-LTE, expand it all over their footprint on every freaking cell, and bludgeon T-Mobile with it until 2017, when a Republican FCC that is pro-business approves a buyout of a bandwidth outgunned TMUS. Furthermore Sprint should be fully VoLTE 3GPP by then which would solve integration headaches.

That's assuming there is a Republican FCC, of course.. But even with another Democratic administration, I imagine they'd allow a TMUS buyout if they were that outgunned.

• Like 2

This would seem to make the most sense. I wonder what specifically is the hurry in trying to acquire TMUS.

Legere wore a coat and tie in his first meetings as TMUS's CEO. It was from the DT Capital Markets Day back in late 2012.

Yes, of course...that was pre-pandering Legere.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This would seem to make the most sense. I wonder what specifically is the hurry in trying to acquire TMUS.

Maybe they need the subs?

• Like 1

I think in part SoftBank and Deutsche Telekom do not want to bid against one another in the 600 MHz auction -- should it take place next year.

AJ

• Like 2

And no not...

menu-category-5-dollar-footlongs.jpg

Ay_class_submarines.JPG

AJ

• Like 3

I think in part SoftBank and Deutsche Telekom do not want to bid against one another in the 600 MHz auction -- should it take place next year.

AJ

I always thought a joint bid (through a holding company) made the most sense, assuming it would be allowed. Then evenly split the winnings.

• Like 2

That is wayyyyy too much money to be spending on T-Mobile. Sprint really doesn't need them. With that kind of money, Sprint could just push for a full NV 2.0 network done by the end of this year. Now I just want to know what Son thinks is so valuable in T-Mobile. The whole "mindshare" thing is moot, because they will nix the T-Mobile branding after the purchase. Which will in itself create negative press because everyone loves T-Mobile.

• Like 3

That is wayyyyy too much money to be spending on T-Mobile. Sprint really doesn't need them. With that kind of money, Sprint could just push for a full NV 2.0 network done by the end of this year. Now I just want to know what Son thinks is so valuable in T-Mobile. The whole "mindshare" thing is moot, because they will nix the T-Mobile branding after the purchase. Which will in itself create negative press because everyone loves T-Mobile.

If anything they should dump the Sprint brand.

Not everyone loves T-Mobile. I hate them. Their rural service is crap. Their closest cell site to my house is 3 miles closer than the Sprint site, and I still get better service than T-Mobile customers do. Not good for business. As for Sprint, I want to see that name stay around!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 4

I think they should drop the T-Mobile brand.  I hear opinions are like...

Robert

• Like 5

Dumping the Sprint brand is nuts. The T-Mobile brand? Who says DT is going to own anything of the combined company in order to keep magenta branding.

Where I live TMobile's name is mud.

• Like 8

I always thought a joint bid (through a holding company) made the most sense, assuming it would be allowed. Then evenly split the winnings.

I doubt that would pass regulatory muster.  Otherwise, all of the big four could form one auction consortium to ensure that the license bids would just meet the reserve minimums, then divvy up the winnings after the auction.

So, the smarter move might be for either SoftBank or Deutsche Telekom to sit out the 600 MHz auction.  Let the other acquire a 600 MHz cache, then announce a network sharing joint venture.

AJ

• Like 3