4g ICON no data service

I am in OKC and lately I have been getting the 4g icon but no data service.  Does this mean the towers are being worked on.  When I go into the LTE engineering screen, I see signal strengths of about -105.  The only way I can get Data back is to change it to CDMA only. 

Thank you.  I was confused because 3g was working but horribly slow. 

Yep, I would maybe suggest leaving it on CDMA only for a few days, and switching back and checking.

Yep, I would maybe suggest leaving it on CDMA only for a few days, and switching back and checking.

This would potentially only affect the one tower then?  If when I go home or another part of town, I may get signal back if I pull from another tower/antenna?

This would potentially only affect the one tower then?  If when I go home or another part of town, I may get signal back if I pull from another tower/antenna?

Possibly yes, it may be a single tower, a cluster of towers, random towers around town, or all of them. There isn't a way to say for certain, we have no way of knowing exactly what is happening.

I know one of the members in New Orleans has had issues with a site for 2-3 weeks where only one sector of LTE is down. You can connect but data does not work.  Since it is a launched area he has called it in but like I said it has been 2-3 weeks.  I am in "launched" area as well with a -97 LTE signal and just changed my phone over to CDMA only since data is not working.  I sometimes have to force it to 1X only as EVDO on the site near me has been broken for about 9 months now.  I also know the two LTE sites to my west are having issues and one has been down for a few days.  Just the nature of the beast I guess with new equipment.  I've noticed lately that several sites in our market that have been working fine for months, one even with legacy equipment removed have been going down a lot lately.  Ericsson will definitely have their work cut out for them on maintaining this network!

There is something going on with 4G in the metro today. Can not get 4G in Midwest City at all and friend in Norman is having same issue.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

This just started in downtown KC last couple of days, was high performaning for many months.  LTE is still fine in midtown KC.  I called support and they put me in debug mode for LTE engineering info.  Curious that it's happening in several markets all at once.  Maybe they pushed a software upgrade to some sites and is causing issues.

OKC LTE has been nearly non functional. Try going to these sites in the  night time. You will notice they are blazing fast. I thought at first they were just working on then but I noticed the same pattern on a a Sunday night too.

I think its probably due to the low density of 4G complete towers OKC has. Everyone and their mom is connected. My phone will drop EVDO for even a scent of LTE. Sadly it then drops LTE and turns into ping pong between the two.

how

I know one of the members in New Orleans has had issues with a site for 2-3 weeks where only one sector of LTE is down. You can connect but data does not work.  Since it is a launched area he has called it in but like I said it has been 2-3 weeks.  I am in "launched" area as well with a -97 LTE signal and just changed my phone over to CDMA only since data is not working.  I sometimes have to force it to 1X only as EVDO on the site near me has been broken for about 9 months now.  I also know the two LTE sites to my west are having issues and one has been down for a few days.  Just the nature of the beast I guess with new equipment.  I've noticed lately that several sites in our market that have been working fine for months, one even with legacy equipment removed have been going down a lot lately.  Ericsson will definitely have their work cut out for them on maintaining this network!

how do you force your phone to 1x

how

Uhhh, just turn off mobile data on your phone on you're on 1x only.

how

*#*#4636#*#*

AJ

Uhhh, just turn off mobile data on your phone on you're on 1x only.

Except that kills the data connection though.

how

I dial ##DATA#, hit Edit, enter my MSL, hit others, hit HDR/1X selection, change it from LTE + CDMA + EVDO to CDMA Only mode which in their terms means 1X only as other options exists for EVDO/1X, EHRPD/1X, EVDO only, etc.

• Like 1

Except that kills the data connection though.

I dial ##DATA#, hit Edit, enter my MSL, hit others, hit HDR/1X selection, change it from LTE + CDMA + EVDO to CDMA Only mode which in their terms means 1X only as other options exists for EVDO/1X, EHRPD/1X, EVDO only, etc.

Yeah, I was thinking voice and not data.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this behavior in my area when I would connect to a distant LTE upgraded site.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This happened to me a couple months back when the tower nearest to me first got LTE. It worked great for a couple of weeks then I got a 4g icon but no data. It eventually started working again however (couple of days, maybe a week of no data).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2