Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

New to these forums as far as posting goes (hello), but I have been following this thread to track 4G coming out in the cleveland area for Sprint and actually found something I can add to this discussion today. A Sprint representative responded to a question from a user in the cleveland area on their forums asking for status on 4G upgrades stating that "...Your area has towers that are within 90 days of going live with 4G...". Looks like everyone should keep a look out over the next couple months for tower work and new signals popping up. This is the first new piece of information that google searches have turned up for me in months.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/110696?start=120&tstart=0

• Like 2

This is the LTE signal I snag around Target on 59 on stow

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can you connect to lte and get internet access there with your n5?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Can you connect to lte and get internet access there with your n5?

Yea I was getting 8 down and 3 up around there. Looks like I'm snagging that from the Ravenna tower

• Like 1

Did you map it on sensorly?

No, tomorrow when I'm out I will. I more so did this test from my home.

Although, It does look like some people mapped it, on the freeway at least.

Edited by rk111600

My N5 grabbed an LTE signal for a second today at my office in Beachwood..  I'm assuming it came off the tower at Northfield.  This is the tower my HTC One and Galaxy Tab pull LTE from once and a while..  Perhaps they have performed the CSFB software upgrade on that tower?

Now I didn't actually see LTE light up, I heard the Chime from Signal Check pro, letting me know that it had connected.  I suppose it could have also been an 800mhz connection from further out east.. But either way, it shows progress!

This process is painstakingly slow.  Makes the T-Mobile announcement today sound like a pretty good option.  I have a T-mobile SIM in my Sprint iPad Air, and I have T-Mobile LTE everyplace I travel to around NE ohio, which pulls down at 30 down and 10-15 up no matter where I am..  hmmm-- Options...

• Like 1

downtown the last few days I have noticed my phone grab LTE band 41 frequently and actually stay locked on for a period of time.  I am also noticing frequent swaps again between eharp and ev-do as well as some periods of no data.  Signal strength in some of the same spots (some where I never received signal before) can range from -60 to -101 during different times of the day.  It appears they are actively working on the towers.  I have experienced this on Heisley road (Mentor/Painesville) and downtown.  Here's to hoping.

Well, I managed to get some mapping done for sensorly. I'll try to get more streets in the future. It also seems my G2 likes to hold onto the LTE connection as long as possible, I was seeing signal strengths of -124dBm in one area.

• Like 2

downtown the last few days I have noticed my phone grab LTE band 41 frequently and actually stay locked on for a period of time. I am also noticing frequent swaps again between eharp and ev-do as well as some periods of no data. Signal strength in some of the same spots (some where I never received signal before) can range from -60 to -101 during different times of the day. It appears they are actively working on the towers. I have experienced this on Heisley road (Mentor/Painesville) and downtown. Here's to hoping.

What phone were you getting band 41 with?

I'm not sure (yet) whether to be mad about non-starting calls, non-delivered texts, missing calls which go right to voicemail, voicemails which don't show, and delayed received texts or just the mite bit excited that this could indicate serious work is going on in local Eastside towers right now. But this stuff has been happening for at least 48 hours.

I'm praying that the PRL and profile update I did on my ancient phone, along with a reboot, might have helped end this behavior. If it's my phone, I'm really shafted because I refuse to get a contract and subsidy on possibly a non-triband handset while this NV/LTE work In Cleveland may be nowhere near finished.

Edited by dergasmann
  • Like 1

@sprintcare: @tprevett Thx 4 the info. On the 1st tower we are having issues on 1/2 Mills Rd. The 2nd tower is being affected by the same tower. -JOR

Lol

I was pouting because there has been 0 movement on the first 2 towers in Ohio which were reported as in princess. And they are the 2 towers which service my house...

@sprintcare: @tprevett Thx 4 the info. On the 1st tower we are having issues on 1/2 Mills Rd. The 2nd tower is being affected by the same tower. -JOR

Lol

I was pouting because there has been 0 movement on the first 2 towers in Ohio which were reported as in princess. And they are the 2 towers which service my house...

This is their stock answer whenever I call about issues.  Apparently the towers that serve my neighborhood are always having issues?  lol

Lol

So both in progress towers are having issues right now?

Yes the tower on Old colony and the one on Center ridge behind aldi's

Having issues with the upgrades.

Technically they weren't the first in Ohio - they were only marked "In Process" because Nite Snow manually submitted pics of the fiber being run to them.  There have been towers with all equipment, cabinets, and even fiber run to them that have sat in limbo for months, even over a year, in some markets before being turned on.  With that said, I still feel like the next 60-90 days we're going to see a ton of action here.

• Like 2

On the NV sites map there is a tower in downtown Akron that is 3G/800/4G and in MSC/RF switch comments its marked WSS Core Akron, does anyone know what this means? Because usually they are marked CLV_Cleveland MSC_1.

I asked Sprint this on there forums and I am only taking this as a grain of salt but at least it sounds good...

SprintCarehttps://community.sprint.com/baw/people/SprintCare created the discussion

"When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?"

Thanks for the reply.  I have good news, each tower that I see in the Avon Lake area (44012) and the Avon area (44011) has 4G/LTE installations scheduled to begin within the next 90 days!  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Next 90 days?? What a joke. Probably a canned response..

Next 90 days?? What a joke. Probably a canned response..

Does sound like a "canned" answer. 90 days is in April so the weather should be better. they are clearly making progress in the outlying areas.

Just curious, will that nexus 5 allow you to get any LTE in this legacy market without going to lte only mode?

Nope