Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Get two or three other dedicated people to join your team.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Unfortunately I can't be a "dedicated" team member because I'm out of town most weeks and weekends are family time so tower hunting takes a back seat, but I'll help where I can. If somebody can reach out to Nitesnow, I believe she is a google maps expert and would be a huge resource - if I'm not mistaken she helped Robert with his mapping (I think she's a she - if I'm wrong then no offense Nite! My mistake!)

Thanks, Coz, for the offer - even though you're from $h!tsburgh (haha) we'll welcome the help!

For those wondering what Coz is talking about, go to the sponsor side and follow his Columbus Spreadsheet thread - it's almost hard to follow they've got so much activity by the members down there: http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-Columbus-Market---Map-Spreadsheet

• Like 1

Costco dropped carrying Sprint in its stores (At least in my store) quite a few years.  I'm very glad that the Avon, Ohio store has once again begun carrying sprint again.  Really makes me believe that Sprint is once again (Or soon will be) a viable competitor again in the cell phone market!

Costco dropped carrying Sprint in its stores (At least in my store) quite a few years.  I'm very glad that the Avon, Ohio store has once again begun carrying sprint again.  Really makes me believe that Sprint is once again (Or soon will be) a viable competitor again in the cell phone market!

If they can pull a Sprint signal in that place, then they really are making changes.  Walking into Costco in Avon with my Sprint phone is like walking into a time machine and going back to 1980...NO data, NO signal! NOTHING!!  Perhaps an Airave would be used to sell the service?  No way they can sell in there without some help with the signal.

Edited by pongool

Yah signal sucks pretty bad anyplace in that area. Hopefully we will get some 800mhz love in Avon to penetrate those walls.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I see that Sprint has some LTE updates (S4GRU posted) but does anyone know exactly where these updates are? I'm from the university circle area but I go to school in south euclid/mayfield...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you've joined the ranks of the sponsors and all the spoils that brings - welcome! If you haven't already done so, check out the map with all the updated towers: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

I don't follow closely enough to know which are the newly accepted towers unless they're where I live / work / travel and nothing new to report in those areas.

Finally!!! I was in Kent and saw that there was some puple on sensorly so I forced my N5 into LTE only and scoped it out. we have LTE in kent but its very weak right now. then I drove to stow and picked it up by Kent States airport and target for a minute

Finally!!! I was in Kent and saw that there was some puple on sensorly so I forced my N5 into LTE only and scoped it out. we have LTE in kent but its very weak right now. then I drove to stow and picked it up by Kent States airport and target for a minute

That is great! Bring it on! Will have.to drive by and check it out.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

That is great! Bring it on! Will have.to drive by and check it out.

Yes sir!! About time! It is very weak though right now. I could only snag it when I forced LTE

Yes sir!! About time! It is very weak though right now. I could only snag it when I forced LTE

Do you think it is coming from the tower in Ravenna or do we have one closer to us with lte?

Do you think it is coming from the tower in Ravenna or do we have one closer to us with lte?

I think it's another tower! I also think we have another tower in stow! On 59 by target and Applebee's. I didn't look for that one I just saw I got a hit of LTE around there. I mapped it out in sensorly but it won't be purple for a day or two

Interesting. Have to run down there with the wife's photon Q and check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Forcing LTE makes you pick up any LTE possible even if its not usable. I'm gonna see what we get in streetsboro now. I see some purple around there

We'll,I am so glad to see that sprint has updated there coverage map for the Salem/Lisbon/columbiana area to gave 4g lte now... But no other markets in ohio are shown live... So much for the upgrades to be done in Youngstown area by the 15th if this month lol

We'll,I am so glad to see that sprint has updated there coverage map for the Salem/Lisbon/columbiana area to gave 4g lte now... But no other markets in ohio are shown live... So much for the upgrades to be done in Youngstown area by the 15th if this month lol

Looks like Salem, OH is the only city in Ohio to officially launch LTE today.  

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-poised-for-2014-breakthrough-following-year-of-network-advances.htm

Looks like Salem, OH is the only city in Ohio to officially launch LTE today.  

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-poised-for-2014-breakthrough-following-year-of-network-advances.htm

It us probably considered the Salem market as Lisbon is a small town outside if Salem and columbiana is just to the east of Salem as well.

Snagged LTE in Mantua and on 303 from shallersville to the beginning of streetsboro. I think this is all from the Ravenna Tower but idk