LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

Anybody know what the slimmest G2 case is?

The Diztronic cases are Awesome.  They're the only case I've used for my last 4 phones and have had nothing but good luck.  Not to mention, They're a steal.  Even If you don't think the case is for you, I'd still say give it a shot, at nine bucks, you can't go wrong. You can get them cheaper on Amazon sometimes, too.

http://tpu-cases.com/

Below is good little video that lured me in and, I haven't looked back.

But we should pry find another thread for "Case Talk."

Anybody know what the slimmest G2 case is?

I just ordered a Poetic Palette. Looked to be the slimmest to me. I notice some cases specify between at&t and Sprint/tmo. This may have been covered already, but does it have to do with mic cut outs? I'm not even sure which case I ordered from Poetic other than it not being the Verizon case.

EDIT: Poetic just states their case is for all carriers except Verizon.

Edited by dParis

the ballistic case is awesome...and its easy to take off if needs be (but doesnt fall off)

the otter box looks like a huge PITA to remove the phone...

had a Ballistic case for my sg 3 and note 2....would buy 1 for the G2 in heartbeat......just wish they had the belt clip for the G2 or note 2... loved it for my sg3...

The Ballistic SG Maxx has a belt clip, that is the one I just ordered today for my G2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ballistic-Maxx-Series-Rugged-Case-Cover-For-LG-G2-AT-T-Sprint-T-Mobile-Clip-/261307094208?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item3cd71dd4c0

The Diztronic cases are Awesome.  They're the only case I've used for my last 4 phones and have had nothing but good luck.  Not to mention, They're a steal.  Even If you don't think the case is for you, I'd still say give it a shot, at nine bucks, you can't go wrong. You can get them cheaper on Amazon sometimes, too.

http://tpu-cases.com/

This is the brand of case I will most likely get also. 

Just can't decide if I go for a black or white G2... I've got a white note 2 now... 

I really had my heart set on the triband powerhouse LG, but I live in the IBEZ.  so 800 mhz LTE doesn't look to be in my future anytime soon.  :(  not to say I don't travel to places like Vegas and LA where it will work, but I don't travel for work anymore and vacations are rare these days.  looks like a great phone, so maybe I'll give it a chance anyways, it is a front runner with the HTC ONE.

This is the brand of case I will most likely get also. 

Just can't decide if I go for a black or white G2... I've got a white note 2 now...

I went with black. I am a firm believer in electronics must be in either your choice of black or black. Leave white for toilet scrubbers and tooth brushes.

• Like 1

White = no fingerprints black = smudge and print city. I got the white one so it won't look like every other phone and no prints. To each his own

I went with black. I am a firm believer in electronics must be in either your choice of black or black. Leave white for toilet scrubbers and tooth brushes.

You can have the Model G2 in any color -- so long as it is black.

AJ

• Like 1

Am i the "crazy" guy that will be satisfied with the Quick window case mine comes with?

LOL probably.  Although its nice to be able to view stuff and have some protection for the screen, I just wouldn't be able to stand the constant flipping of the case and having to hold the front face of the case constantly with my hand when I use my phone.

• Like 1

I am getting the white one not because it would hide fingerprints (not going to matter anyways since I will have a case) although it is a plus but because I have always had dark phones (blue or black).  I just wanted a change and I actually think the white LG G2 looks very nice.

hummm let me know if thats legit???

because the ballistic website doesnt show they make it for it

hummm let me know if thats legit???

because the ballistic website doesnt show they make it for it

I found a few websites talking about it coming soon. I saw an Otterbox Defender on eBay as well and was curious until I saw that it had been released and then pulled because they didn't account for the differing sizes between Verizon and the others and didn't have the mic cutout. I got an email with a tracking number yesterday. It should be here Thursday...

The LG G2 should have Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 correct?  Because of the Snapdragon 800 processor.  I wonder if it does help charge devices up to 75% faster.

According to AnandTech, yes, The phone can utilize 2A chargers.

The LG G2 should have Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 correct? Because of the Snapdragon 800 processor. I wonder if it does help charge devices up to 75% faster.

Under the hood we have Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor running at 2.3 GHz. It packs 2GB of RAM, and promises to offer the best performance, battery-sipping efficiency, and charging super quick. All three of those came true. This thing flies, it has the best battery life of any LG smartphone to date, and charging the 3,000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 technology is quite nice.

http://androidcommunity.com/lg-g2-review-20130914/

I just read this hinting at a Google Edition of the G2 coming at the end of November with a bump to 3 gigs of RAM.

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/10/11/lg-g2-google-edition-rumour-suggests-more-power/

The bump in RAM seems a little suspect. Why waste the money to add RAM to a phone that will be running a slimmed down more efficient OS?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk