LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

Oh man. Very disappointed that it's delayed that much. Hopefully we'll see what the nexus is about prior to using our upgrade up, though. If 4.3 is released onto the S3 sometime soon it may hold me off until then.

Another positive is that more LTE 2600 will be live by that time. ;-)

True that is the silver lining.

For anyone interested in the off contact price, it's showing $549.99. Just went to the preorder page just to see, and since I was logged in and my upgrade isn't until December, it showed me the off contact price.

did you also notice that it claims that Wifi isn't supported.  So much fail Sprint....so much fail.

I saw that, too. It's a good thing it has band 41 out of the box...or does it?

did you also notice that it claims that Wifi isn't supported.

I saw that on the pre-order page, but per info posted here, it does list it:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-350-bande-%C3%A0-part-lg-g2-is-the-first-announced-sprint-tri-band-lte-handset/

Mav.  :ninja:

attachicon.gif20131011_090043_resized_1.jpg

spoke to someone in chat and did say it is TRI-BAND.I ask would all bands be active from jump he said to call Technical support rep. for more info. which i haven`t.

I am sorry, but this tells us nothing that we have not already known for two months.  Do not bother asking technical or network questions of customer service.  The reps know jack squat, often providing inaccurate info.

AJ

I saw that on the pre-order page, but per info posted here, it does list it:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-350-bande-%C3%A0-part-lg-g2-is-the-first-announced-sprint-tri-band-lte-handset/

Mav.   :ninja:

Oh no I wasn't worried about the lack of Wifi.  I was just pointing out the small details that Sprint didn't get right as if they rushed this pre order page was rushed out.

• Like 1

Have you looked at the leaked specs of the N5?

Yes.  Quad core 2.26 mhz, 5" screen, triband LTE, unclear on battery.  2300mAh probable, maybe 3000mAh with the 32 GB version.  

Yes.  Quad core 2.26 mhz, 5" screen, triband LTE, unclear on battery.  2300mAh probable, maybe 3000mAh with the 32 GB version.  

Good.  So what do you need to compare?

Oh no I wasn't worried about the lack of Wifi.  I was just pointing out the small details that Sprint didn't get right as if they rushed this pre order page was rushed out.

And I am just pointing out the small details that you did not get right as if you rushed this post was rushed out.

;)

AJ

It sounds like the same phone, doesnt it?  

Nope!!  The G2 is LG's take on what a high end smartphone with its customized UI skin and Nexus 5 is Google's take on a smartphone with stock Android.  The N5 is not based on the G2 despite public opinion.  The specs are not the same as you pointed out.  Sure in some cases they are small differences (ex: 5.2 in on G2 vs. 4.96 in on N5) but the shape and the build material are not the same.  

• Camera sensor is different (13 MP w/OIS G2 vs. 8 MP possibly with OIS N5),
  • battery (3000 maH G2 vs. 2300 maH N5 ..highly doubt the 32 GB N5 will have 3000 maH battery),
  • IR blaster (G2 confirmed and N5 probably not..no rumors have it included as hardware),
  • screen (both are IPS display but not sure if G2 and N5 are of the same IPS display quality.  I would expect G2's IPS display to be higher quality since its for their flagship phone).  
  • Software (G2 runs Android 4.2.2 with LG skin and N5 runs stock Android with latest and greatest updates)
  • Like 1

And I am just pointing out the small details that you did not get right as if you rushed this post was rushed out.

;)

AJ

Dammit.  It got fixed!!!! Grammar police is out and about.

The huge G2 screenshot is fine in its original post.  But do not include it in your quotes, folks.

AJ

For a second I was about to say this thread was for the LG G2, but then I realized this is the G2. Looks very much like Touchwiz to me.

-Luis

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 4

Is the screen shot certain confirmation that the Sprint version of the LG G2 does indeed have Wifi built into it and the Sprint website is just wrong?

• Like 1

Is the screen shot certain confirmation that the Sprint version of the LG G2 does indeed have Wifi built into it and the Sprint website is just wrong?

If this phone doesn't have wifi then that just ridiculous!

Even basic feature phones have wifi. It's a typo.

-Luis

• Like 1