LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

Getting mad SICK of not being able to REPORT or get REPORTs on Waze while on the phone.... that being said I guess since theres hardly consistent LTE anywhere in New Jersey it doesnt really matter

Get off the phone, stop looking at waze, and drive maybe?

• Like 3

Getting mad SICK of not being able to REPORT or get REPORTs on Waze while on the phone.... that being said I guess since theres hardly consistent LTE anywhere in New Jersey it doesnt really matter

Perhaps a single band LTE phone with SVLTE will fit your needs since u seem to rely on waze a lot.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Get off the phone, stop looking at waze, and drive maybe?

SO POIGNANT!

I work out of my car... driving is my focus but HANDSFREE calls that still allow for real-time VERBAL alerts regarding traffic conditions, police traps, etc could be helpful. 

Is it impossible to hold a conversation and still drive?! I better reevaluate my lifestyle. 

I better reevaluate my lifestyle. 

Yes, you should.  Some of us have sufficient map sense to know where we are going.  If you do not, then you should get off the phone, stop listening, and start paying more attention to where you are.  Hopefully, New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut will make your distracted lifestyle illegal soon enough.

AJ

• Like 1

Yes, you should.  Some of us have sufficient map sense to know where we are going.  If you do not, then you should get off the phone, stop listening, and start paying more attention to where you are.  Hopefully, New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut will make your distracted lifestyle illegal soon enough.

AJ

Hey at least you didn't delete a dissenting opinion. 

Handsfree is law and live traffic and navigation become necessary when traversing a territory that spans 4 counties and the entirety of Northern NJ. I don't have time to memorize every street in every town in Northern NJ.

Handsfree is law and live traffic and navigation become necessary when traversing a territory that spans 4 counties and the entirety of Northern NJ. I don't have time to memorize every street in every town in Northern NJ.

Just get a single band SVLTE phone or switch carriers. What seems to be the problem?

Why would I/we delete a dissenting opinion?  Frankly, I do not care for the insinuation.

And I still think that you are wrong.  If you are talking on the phone and using navigation while driving, even handsfree, then you are doing too much at once, and that leads to distracted driving.  Instead, pull over, check your directions, then go on.  If you cannot do that, you are not much of a navigator.

AJ

• Like 1

Why would I/we delete a dissenting opinion?  Frankly, I do not care for the insinuation.

And I still think that you are wrong.  If you are talking on the phone and using navigation while driving, even handsfree, then you are doing too much at once, and that leads to distracted driving.  Instead, pull over, check your directions, then go on.  If you cannot do that, you are not much of a navigator.

AJ

Some communities have forum mods that are less open to free discussion clearly S4GU is a step above.

I still don't see how the occasional turn by turn early notification is so distracting that its a problem. Also my bigger concern is live traffic/accident reports and reroutes in less known areas. Its not as if EVERY MOMENT I drive I'm on a call and being given turn by turn directions its just the fact that I CANNOT get those live UPDATES that upsets me about this phone.

I've read the in depth FCC analysis and I cant help but wonder if things will ever change? The first Tri-Bands have limitations. Is the complexity of Sprints network really never going to allow for SVLTE?

Some communities have forum mods that are less open to free discussion clearly S4GU is a step above.

We do not delete posts based on disagreement unless they also break the rules. Your posts are well within the rules, and you obviously seek a legitimate discussion on the topic. So, that is fine, in fact, welcomed.

I've read the in depth FCC analysis and I cant help but wonder if things will ever change? The first Tri-Bands have limitations. Is the complexity of Sprints network really never going to allow for SVLTE?

That is what we have been told. Sprint tri band LTE devices will not support SVLTE.  Whether that is due to band 26 LTE 800, band 41 TD-LTE 2600, or the combination of the two, we do not know.  And the sample size is very small right now to project unconditionally into the future.  But the standard expectation going forward should be no SVLTE on Sprint multi band LTE devices. Simultaneous voice and data will have to be accomplished by other means, such as third party VoIP apps and eventually VoLTE.

AJ

That is what we have been told. Sprint tri band LTE devices will not support SVLTE.  Whether that is due to band 26 LTE 800, band 41 TD-LTE 2600, or the combination of the two, we do not know.  And the sample size is very small right now to project unconditionally into the future.  But the standard expectation going forward should be no SVLTE on Sprint multi band LTE devices. Simultaneous voice and data will have to be accomplished by other means, such as third party VoIP apps and eventually VoLTE.

AJ

Unfortunate but understood, I haven't seen much talk about VoLTE on Sprint but the VoIP option is looking better and better.

SO POIGNANT!

I work out of my car... driving is my focus but HANDSFREE calls that still allow for real-time VERBAL alerts regarding traffic conditions, police traps, etc could be helpful.

Is it impossible to hold a conversation and still drive?! I better reevaluate my lifestyle.

I have a huge hate for idiots jabbing on the phone staring off into space other than keeping the eyes between the lines. I heard one lady talking the other day that she loves her new headset, it makes it easier to text and talk on the boring drive to work. What!?

• Like 1

As a former delivery driver, I can appreciate the disappoint of not being able to talk on speaker and have waze tell me if there is a better way to navigate between stops. It stinks that "business-friendly" sprint built out a system that doesn't allow voice and data simultaneously. Makes about as much sense as direct connect not working on LTE. Even using direct connect and google maps at the same time was difficult on the torque when I had one.

Either way, I'm gonna try and get to a AT&T or Verizon store this weekend and get my hands on one. I stopped by an AT&T store on launch day and they didn't even have a dummy phone out. Oh well.

• Like 1

As a former delivery driver, I can appreciate the disappoint of not being able to talk on speaker and have waze tell me if there is a better way to navigate between stops. It stinks that "business-friendly" sprint built out a system that doesn't allow voice and data simultaneously. Makes about as much sense as direct connect not working on LTE. Even using direct connect and google maps at the same time was difficult on the torque when I had one.

Either way, I'm gonna try and get to a AT&T or Verizon store this weekend and get my hands on one. I stopped by an AT&T store on launch day and they didn't even have a dummy phone out. Oh well.

That is weird.  I went to both my Verizon and AT&T store yesterday and they had the LG G2 models to play with.  Its a very nice phone and the 5.2 inch screen is so awesome with the IPS HD display.

OK, so I was just about ready to get this phone, thinking finally I'd have a phone with simultaneous voice and data. Now that I can't browse the web looking for something while on a phone call, is there an alternative Sprint flagship phone that will let me do that (or will let me do that in the near future)?

I was really hoping for a Nokia WP device on Sprint, but since that's not happening apparently, Android is the next best thing. And from everything I'd been reading about the various phones out there, the G2 seemed to fit my needs and be the most "high tech" of the bunch. 

Now I'm disappointed.

OK, so I was just about ready to get this phone, thinking finally I'd have a phone with simultaneous voice and data. Now that I can't browse the web looking for something while on a phone call, is there an alternative Sprint flagship phone that will let me do that (or will let me do that in the near future)?

With every FCC OET article that I write, I include hyperlinks back to my previous FCC OET articles in the series.  So, you can use the LG G2 article below to check out those other articles.  All of those older flagship caliber handsets support SVLTE or even SVDO.  Those are your likely options.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-350-bande-à-part-lg-g2-is-the-first-announced-sprint-tri-band-lte-handset/

AJ

I have a huge hate for idiots jabbing on the phone staring off into space other than keeping the eyes between the lines. I heard one lady talking the other day that she loves her new headset, it makes it easier to text and talk on the boring drive to work. What!?

I'm with you on reckless and distracted drivers, most dangerous person on the road is in the right lane driving slowly reading a book, texting and putting on makeup. That being said not all of us operate that way I depend too much on my license to act a fool in that manner. I do hope that woman gets arrested before she hurts someone.

Went to AT&T today to play with the G2. It is an awesome looking phone and super snappy, couldn't believe it. Was right next to the Note 2 and saw a huge contrast in screen brightness and clarity. I know the Note 3 will have an increased resolution, but this thing looked good.

Im 50/50 now with this and the Note3 mainly because I am worried about the size being too large. Hard decisions means there are good choices out there!

• Like 1

Went to AT&T today to play with the G2. It is an awesome looking phone and super snappy, couldn't believe it. Was right next to the Note 2 and saw a huge contrast in screen brightness and clarity. I know the Note 3 will have an increased resolution, but this thing looked good.

Im 50/50 now with this and the Note3 mainly because I am worried about the size being too large. Hard decisions means there are good choices out there!

The LG G2 size being too large?

The Note 3 isn't really that much bigger and feels way nicer in hand and looks better in my opinion. I've played with both, the Verizon G2 though.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

The LG G2 size being too large?

No the Note 3 I am afraid of being too large lol. I could barely touch my middle finger to my thumb when wrapping my hands around the center of the G2. Dont think i stand a chance of doing that on the Nite 3 lol.

The Note 3 isn't really that much bigger and feels way nicer in hand and looks better in my opinion. I've played with both, the Verizon G2 though.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Good to know, thanks. Im going to wait until the Note 3 is actually available in stores to play with before making a decision. The G2 just had quick animations and that IPS display looked really sharp. I doubt it would have the outdoor readability issues i heard the Note 2 had.

Good to know, thanks. Im going to wait until the Note 3 is actually available in stores to play with before making a decision. The G2 just had quick animations and that IPS display looked really sharp. I doubt it would have the outdoor readability issues i heard the Note 2 had.

And u dont mind that the note 3 is single band LTE?

• Like 1

And u dont mind that the note 3 is single band LTE?

Herein lies the catch lol. I may be switching to AT&T to get the Note 3... Did some math and I will end up paying less by joining my families AT&T plan than staying solo on Sprint. Plus it would be 10GB of data shared by 3 people, one of which who uses less than 1GB per month.

So although I follow this site religiously, it might make sense for me to move on to AT&T. But I may be back in two years when Sprint starts beating everyone in the LTE game lol.

Between the phone offerings and deciding on a carrier, this has been the hardest phone upgrade decision i have ever had to make lol.