Have any good cell phone stories ?

Geekslayer

I went into my garage, laid down my phone, then began filling my mower with gas and started mowing the lawn. Then waved to my wife as she left to go meet a friend. I finished mowing and started looking for my phone, I looked all over and couldn't find it. My wife pulls up into the driveway, and my phone is sitting on her sunroof. I tired calling the phone about 10 times too, it's a good thing it wasn't on vibrate.

:o  :lol:

• Like 5

Wait, it actually stuck on the roof!? That's amazing. I've heard that same story dozens of times, but they usually end with "...and we found it in the driveway, in hundreds of pieces."

I know it sounds far fetched, but it really happened. I live in a small town, and I doubt she drove faster then 30mph.  My daughters were really giving me a hard time about it. I'm usually really busy, and I have a problem with laying things down and forgetting where I left them. I told my daughters that I had that same problem with car seats, when they were kids.

I left my Franklin Covey day planner and a cup of coffee on my roof and drove away before. But never a phone.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

A co-worker of mine left her phone in the otter-box on the hood of her car and noticed it after she was 10 minutes or so down the highway.  Needless to say I'm not going to try it with mine. 

My wife works for a large printing company, and they provide her with a phone. It must have been about 2-3 years ago, when she threw her phone into the fireplace, after it kept dropping calls from her customers that night. I started laughing so hard, because it's something I never expected her to do.  She looked at my phone, and I said "NO FRIGGIN WAY YOU'RE USING MINE", and she busted up laughing . I think it was a HTC windows phone, If I remember correctly.

• Like 2

About 10 years ago I was going on vacation and didn't have my own phone and wasn't giving them my wife's number so they bought me an el-cheapo pre-paid phone.  I had it for like 6 months after that and just bought some minutes as I needed them.  Well, one day I went to the bathroom in McDonald's and had the phone in my shirt pocket, bent over to flush and there went the phone....as I was flushing.  And it as small enough to fit down the drain.  That was the end of that.

I finally got my own phone shortly after that...so it worked out.   :D

• Like 1

About 10 years ago I was going on vacation and didn't have my own phone and wasn't giving them my wife's number so they bought me an el-cheapo pre-paid phone.  I had it for like 6 months after that and just bought some minutes as I needed them.  Well, one day I went to the bathroom in McDonald's and had the phone in my shirt pocket, bent over to flush and there went the phone....as I was flushing.  And it as small enough to fit down the drain.  That was the end of that.

Maybe that is why digiblur has such capacity issues.  It could be the constant stream of accidentally flushed phones that end up floating down the Mississippi past Baton Rouge.

:P

AJ

• Like 4

I burried my old HTC EVO (WIMAX)  in a 20 + plus deep pit we had dug out on a job to bury rocks.  When I figered out I missplaced it was after the hole was covered, packed and finished.  I called it to see if it was still on or went to voice mail right away, which would indicate it was crushed and not worth my time to find it.  I opened the hole back up and hour later after sifting through rock and dirt I found it with just a broken Otter Box case and a cracked screen still on and working.   :lol:

I finally got my own phone shortly after that...so it worked out.   :D

Pocket-protector style!

• Like 1

About 10 years ago I was going on vacation and didn't have my own phone and wasn't giving them my wife's number so they bought me an el-cheapo pre-paid phone. I had it for like 6 months after that and just bought some minutes as I needed them. Well, one day I went to the bathroom in McDonald's and had the phone in my shirt pocket, bent over to flush and there went the phone....as I was flushing. And it as small enough to fit down the drain. That was the end of that.

Maybe that is why digiblur has such capacity issues. It could be the constant stream of accidentally flushed phones that end up floating down the Mississippi past Baton Rouge.

AJ

Is that what's wrong with my downtown tower that has been busted for 8+ months now? And here I thought it was my update profile or update prl not being done. (little jab at CSR)

• Like 2

Well my first phone fell in the toilet as I was running to get there lol (for some reason I didn't have to go after that)...

You missed your chance.  I hope it turned out alright in the end -- without having to resort to any "apparatus."

AJ

In my younger years, I was pure hell on phones.

Drunk walked my Suncom/ATT color screen nokia into the Atlantic ocean in my pocket.

Got on a stage and danced in college....my toshiba 4050 flew out into a crowd of people and was trampled to pieces.

Threw up all over myself and put the soiled clothes together with my old verizon work flip phone in the washing machine.

Once had my phone stolen in college. Ending up finding it in the frat house, full of boob and poo pics.

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

• Like 2

Once had my phone stolen in college. Ending up finding it in the frat house, full of boob and poo pics.

Well, that was worth having it stolen, right?

AJ

Well, that was worth having it stolen, right?

AJ

Errr.... yes no maybe.

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

• Like 1

I was in my friends boat with my S2 in hand in January of 2012. I will include a picture of the boat. I was at Folsom lake and was recording him doing 180 whip it's in his boat while I was on the floating Porta potty in the middle of the lake. He picked me up and I told him don't ever do that with me in the boat because he lost it one time and damn near was in a terrible wreck. So we head back to shore and he turning slightly and looks at me and says hold on. I thought he meant because he was turning and the boat dips not because of what he was about to do. I said okay even though there is absolutely nothing to hold on to and the seats swivel so that's not really possible. He then does a pinpoint 180 I get ejected from the boat. The only thing I remember is all of a sudden I'm under water with no life jacket. I come to my senses and check to see which way the bubbles are going so I know which way is up. I was barely under water and I come up thinking the boat flipped and we just crashed hard. When I come up I see my friend circling around in the boat to get me. Reminder it's January and I'm fully clothed. He pulls me up in the boat and I look down at my legs and they are dark purple with blood coming through the skin and massive lumps. Oh ya I held on to my phone the whole time and still had it in hand at this point, although I lost my glasses. Anyways my body starts to defrost from the freezing water and I feel pain. I had some major bumps on my front shins. They hit the boat and kind of wedged while I went flying out the front of the boat. I still have about 6 marks and dents in my shins and knee to this day. I started to think my legs were broke because of how they started to feel and we're looking. We got to shore and I got out. It hurt like hell but I was able to walk. I had him drive me straight to Walmart after getting the boat on the trailer for some Ibuprofen. I tried to dry my phone out for a while and it worked but the speakers were shot. So I got a new phone and glasses neither was cheap. So what I learned from this story is where a life jacket and I will never ride in a boat again, and my friend is an idiot. The end.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1372017821927.jpg

"Hey you, can you fix my phone?" What's the problem I ask. "My internet isn't working on it." * opens setting and goes into network settings and makes sure the data enabled is checked, which it wasn't* - internet is now working.

-this was a "tech" from the Verizon place on the other side of town that came here- lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2